Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: William Shatner Presents: Quest for Tomorrow #1

Bluewater introduces "Quest for Tomorrow," based off William Shatner's best selling series. Jim Endicott has grown up on the planet Wolfbane, but when he celebrates his 16th birthday, he finds himself hurled literally into new worlds. When being the center of attention turns to being the prey in a hunt across many worlds, Jim discovers that not only is no one he knows quite what they seem, but neither is he himself! With his world turned upside down, he is forced to begin a hunt of his own-- a quest for his own tomorrow. But to find his tomorrow, he must also look to yesterday....

Full preview here.

Default Indies: Shatner: QFT #1

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Bluewater introduces "Quest for Tomorrow," based off William Shatner's best selling series. Jim Endicott has grown up on the planet Wolfbane, but when he celebrates his 16th birthday, he finds himself hurled literally into new worlds. When being the center of attention turns to being the prey in a hunt across many worlds, Jim discovers that not only is no one he knows quite what they seem, but neither is he himself! With his world turned upside down, he is forced to begin a hunt of his own-- a quest for his own tomorrow. But to find his tomorrow, he must also look to yesterday....

Full preview here.
    Somewhat convoluted premise in an A.E. Van Vogh sort of way.That's a reference that will probably leave most fans under the age of 60 or so in the dark,but there it is.This hardly matters because with Diamond no longer distributing Bluewater none of our local shops carry these books and don't have staff or time to deal with any company that does.These are also supposed to be coming from a previous book series as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Somewhat convoluted premise in an A.E. Van Vogh sort of way.That's a reference that will probably leave most fans under the age of 60 or so in the dark,but there it is.This hardly matters because with Diamond no longer distributing Bluewater none of our local shops carry these books and don't have staff or time to deal with any company that does.These are also supposed to be coming from a previous book series as well?
    Bluewater is pretty terrible. Bad product, delays...no big loss. Read 1 issue of William Shatners Man of War, probably the only issue they bothered to publish...meh.

Default Indies: Shatner:QFT #1

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    Bluewater is pretty terrible. Bad product, delays...no big loss. Read 1 issue of William Shatners Man of War, probably the only issue they bothered to publish...meh.
    The same thing happened to me because of the shutdown in distribution by Diamond. I could have gone internet but with no guarantee that BlueWater would actually finish Quartermain or Sherlock Victorian Knights.The website the new distributor had up was a total mess as well.This is an example of 2 companies better off left alone I say.How Shatner and Koenig ever got involved with BlueWater is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    The same thing happened to me because of the shutdown in distribution by Diamond. I could have gone internet but with no guarantee that BlueWater would actually finish Quartermain or Sherlock Victorian Knights.The website the new distributor had up was a total mess as well.This is an example of 2 companies better off left alone I say.How Shatner and Koenig ever got involved with BlueWater is beyond me.
    Bluewater actually finished Quartermain in print before leaving Diamond. I have all 4 issues. Sherlock only got 2.

They say you can order print copies of the books via their website but I just can't be interested anymore.