Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I loved this issue so much! Pretty funny stuff :P

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    Waaait. You mean she allowed him to slap her ass and did nothing? There is a chance for 3 strikes after this? Diana actually tolerated this? Is Azz wanting to writing Diana as attracted to this guy she knows zero about and who calls her legs, crosses the line by touching her inappropriately . So she did not punch his lights out for that?
    If it's the right guy, a lot of women might find that a turn-on.
    And yes, I'm kinda interested in a Diana/Orion pairing.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    Yep. My first impression of new 52 Orion is confirmed. He's just a frat boy type. The Hal Jordan of New Genesis. But not even Hal I think would have touched Diana's ass. If Geoff Johns had written this his Diana would have rightfully slashed Orion's chest for this harassment and he would have deserved it. I'm kind of baffled Diana would tolerate this douchey behaviour.
    Azz's Diana doesn't really come across as a hair-trigger bitch.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Going by the prevs and that "slap" panel, above...no. Absolutely not. This has got to be the worst Akins issue out of the lot. His figure-work is abominable.
    I think I am going to consider not purchasing the Akins issues from here on.
    Aheh. What?

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Really? Azz might agree with you then.

Many women on the other hand won't unless the first things that attracts you to a man is him acting like a jerk and patting your ass like you his dog he's sending off to play fetch.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post

And that's strike 2.
    Yeah, Orion is pretty much lucky he still has that hand left. Course, it seems pretty evident that Azzerello is not only using him as a potential wedge between Diana and Superman, but also going for "belligerent sexual tension." between them a la Han Solo and Princess Leia.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lariatofhestia View Post
    Many women on the other hand won't unless the first things that attracts you to a man is him acting like a jerk and patting your ass like you his dog he's sending off to play fetch.
    Obviously from Diana's reaction, that is not the case here (and I have a hunch she will eventually repay him for it).

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    I dunno, dude. I mean, obviously, all kinds of people like all kinds of stuff and that is totally fine, but I'd hate that. Like seriously icky social pressure to laugh it off filled with rage loathe it. I mean, I'd hate it even if I had been flirting with a guy, but if I hadn't, that's just an astonishing level of presumption and disrespect for physical and social boundaries.

And, like I said, I'm sure you could find someone out there who'd like to be flirted with by a dude she hadn't sent any flirty signals to by having him slap her ass - I'm aware "but I don't know anyone who would, so it can't be true," isn't a particularly scientific argument - but as a chick who knows a bunch of chicks, I cannot think of a single one of them who'd find this anything other than somewhere on the spectrum of jeez, buddy, let me roll my eyes to outright threatening.

That said, it's clearly presented in the comic as a sketch thing to do. Diana rounds on him and probably would have busted him up something fierce had he not apologised, if not for the interruption of Zola's more pressing emotional concerns.

If he keeps behaving like that and Diana doesn't call him on it, I'll be pissed. As things stand, I think we were supposed to see it as an example of his fratboy boorish behaviour, and, based on upcoming covers, I'm happy to wait and see how it plays out before I judge it.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, Orion is pretty much lucky he still has that hand left. Course, it seems pretty evident that Azzerello is not only using him as a potential wedge between Diana and Superman, but also going for "belligerent sexual tension." between them a la Han Solo and Princess Leia.
    I think Han Solo actually respected Leia's personal space and body when they first met. I don't recall him laying his hand on her person within such a short time of meeting her. They flirted and fought and the time he kissed her was long after meeting her and knowing she fancied him.

For those who think this sort if thing is attractive to women? No, it's not. If Diana tolerates his bad behaviour in the future, then it is pandering to something Azz wants to set up as the bad boy/ nice girl...a lazy troupe since Orion has barely really been fleshed out in this other than he's arrogant and immature as seen by him calling her Legs and now crossing boundaries by treating her like some filly. Diana has always been an advocate for women and would never tolerate disrespect to herself to any other woman. I hope to see her certainly put him in his place in the future.
    http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

I don't want Diana to beat Orion up over a slap on the butt. What Orion did was wrong but I hope she doesn't go too far out of her way to "show him the error of his ways" when there are much greater things at stake.

Orion was just playing around. Still wrong but I don't think it's anything like he's developing a crush on her or he's becoming a potential love interest or anything like that. He certainly made bad call slapping Di's ass and he should be put in his place verbally after they get done saving the ultra powerful baby that may be Zeus.

I'm glad this event happened. Maybe we'll see some classic feminism talk from our girl Wondy!

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I think Han Solo actually respected Leia's personal space and body when they first met. I don't recall him laying his hand on her person within such a short time of meeting her. They flirted and fought and the time he kissed her was long after meeting her and knowing she fancied him.
    That's a very good point.

For those who think this sort if thing is attractive to women? No, it's not. If Diana tolerates his bad behaviour in the future, then it is pandering to something Azz wants to set up as the bad boy/ nice girl...a lazy troupe since Orion has barely really been fleshed out in this other than he's arrogant and immature as seen by him calling her Legs and now crossing boundaries by treating her like some filly. Diana has always been an advocate for women and would never tolerate disrespect to herself to any other woman. I hope to see her certainly put him in his place in the future.
    All true. But even so, it seems very obvious that Azzarello was planning for a good girl/bad boy relationship with Diana and Orion all along, IMO, even though she is in a relationship with Superman. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least that he's setting the stage for her to get together with him after she and Superman have their eventual break-up.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Thanks to the artwork, I'm so underwhelmed about this issue that it goes beyond my capacity to muster words that describe how little I enjoyed it. But with that said...

A few points I'll comment on:

War is pretty much dead. He has looked feeble enough throughout this series, that I'm wondering how he's even alive after the attack from Chicken Little.

Also, I'm finding it pretty difficult to imagine how WW is getting out of there with that baby. Her only hope is that Demeter comes out of the shadows and interferes... or... Orion and Lennox manage to sneak-in somehow to help.

The slap on the rear-end from Orion: Ha! Good one! I think she reacted appropriately but was interrupted by Zola.

And finally... I'm somewhat glad that one of my questions was addressed directly in this issue.

I'm glad to know Wonder Woman expects to be a mother to this baby, by admitting that Zola can not care for such a baby.

The curious one.

Man, this story is never going to end is it?

Good issue, good dialogue, terrible art.

I look forward to seeing the throw down next issue.

And yes, I fully expect Orion to 'Tube his way there thanks to the DNA he got off Diana's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ascended View Post
    Good issue, good dialogue, terrible art.

I look forward to seeing the throw down next issue.

And yes, I fully expect Orion to 'Tube his way there thanks to the DNA he got off Diana's ass.
    Haven't they supposed to have thrown down since 4 issues now? Lord, this book and the pace. It's worse than a soap opera. You can come back months later and they'll still be talking.