Avengers Arena is one of the best books in the shops right now, it's seriously amazing.
Show Teddy some love!
"I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
Can anyone tell me how to use an android based phone and view the "extras." I downloaded the Marvel app and pointed the phone at the AR, but nothing happened. The only thing I was able to do successfully was download the digital copy of comics to my computer. But I have no idea what the additional features are.
Nova Corp? Do I really know the comic books I've been reading? I must be getting old. I can't even remember stuff about the old Guardians of the Galaxy book except that one of them had Cap's shield and one was an older version of Vance Astrovic. Maybe Vance was the older one?
It looks like a fun book so far.
Black helmets...could they be the third branch of Xandar's space cops. Gold helms and the power absorbing ones that every creator has forgotten.
I think there is probably some time displacement or dimension jumping involved.
I don't think Rich is dead, we didn't see him die...just stuck in another universe. I have missed him since he was sacrificed.
I have a theory on Sam Alexander's origin. I'll admit this is probably wrong but I'm going to throw it out there.
I think Sam's "universe" is a pocket reality created by Rich Rider. Here's some of my thinking:
1) The very first page of Nova #1 show a small globe out in space with the following page showing a light bursting from it. I think that globe is the pocket universe created by Rich using the Cosmic Cube that was present in his showdown with Thanos. Not sure whether it was on purpose by Rich or he was captured in the cube by Thanos.
2) However, in the Thanos Imperative, it was stated that the cube that Peter had was fractured. This could have resulted in a fracturing of Rich's psyche and different aspects of himself are now different people and elements in the Sam's universe.
3. The elements of Sam's origin are so close to Rich's that it could be that Sam is the pure original Rich replaying itself in the alternate reality. We have new versions of Mike Burley and Ginger Jaye (in the Ginger form we saw in Nova Annual #1) in the forms of Moffet and Carrie. Sam's dad works for the school. Rich's dad also worked for a school as a principal.
4. Rich was in the hospital for three days after getting the Nova Force. Sam was also in the hospital for three days.
5. Sam's father, Jesse, gave up being a Nova to be on Earth 17 years ago. Rich was 17 when he got the Nova powers. Jesse could be the Annihilation warrior aspect of Rich that had grown weary of fighting wars all the time. In this Rich-created psyche universe, the tired warrior went back to Earth to "give birth" to Sam, the innocent part of Rich's life.
6. Gamora and Rocket Raccoon could be part of Rich's psyche that is trying to get Sam and Jesse together to reform Rich into a whole person again. The fractures are the "errors" that say the GotG were together 17 years ago even though they were formed during DnA's run. And it could be why the two characters sought out Sam to talk about Jesse.
7. The Black Novas could be the part of Rich's mind that was afraid of becoming Supernova without the WorldMind. He didn't have the WM at the end of Thanos Imperative. Sam himself even called the Black Novas "Supernovas".
8. If you take the star chart from the Thanos Sourcebook and overlay it with the star map in Jesse Alexander's garage room, the two line up. The main galaxy is the Shi'Ar Galaxy and the smaller galaxy on the right side is the Kree Galaxy (you'll also notice that Kree? is written on Jesse's blackboard along with Titan and Xandar). Both galaxies overlay with the handbook's map with the Fault dead center on Jesse's center triangulation point. Also, he has a Nova Prime Starship model hanging from the ceiling. If the Black Novas didn't like the normal Nova Corps (gold domes) and had their own star-shaped spaceships, why would he have a model of the Nova Prime Starship around?
9. Plus, in AvX #12, the Phoenix said that Sam didn't belong here (assuming he meant this universe).
Just a theory. And no, I didn't eat paint chips as a kid. :)
Last edited by nova64; 03-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Nova Prime Page
This was a decent enough read. The story was similar to Bendis GoG 0.1 issue. I kinda want a Nova Corps book now. They can put Rich in that.
I originally was going to ignore this comic because of how annoying the character is in the Ultimate spiderman tv show but after reading the reviews I decided to pick it up and I really enjoyed it. Yes, I'm brand new to the Nova mythos, so I can't comment on the past but as far as this comic goes, I loved the art, the story was great, and I love the special ops top secret theme. The one thing that I found pretty funny was the depiction of carefree, AZ. I'm wondering if Loeb has ever actually been there before. I'm from AZ, and if he really wanted a middle of nowhere town with a space feel he should have used Gila Bend. One tiny highway, a Dairy Queen, and a motel in the shape of a flying saucer! That's about it. Perfect setting.