Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerose View Post
    It has been a few years since I read Annihilation so help me out a little guys.

If there are Black Novas why did they not help the Worldmind during Annihilation ?
    Was Rider not the first human Nova ?
    Rider was the first you are correct, but these new Black Novas are covert so "Jesse" Sams dad could have been a member and we've never known since its a black ops team

Knew I forgot something today... Will possibly pick it up soon.

So it seems to have been better than people expected? Even with it being slow?
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Quote Originally Posted by randomlee26 View Post
    I liked the issue a lot.

Having never read a Loeb comic book before, what kind of stuff is he known to do in his books that make him so reviled?
    He normally ignores pre-established continuity and does some outlandish stuff. Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum are his worst books of all time, but he also wrote the first 25 or so issues of Red Hulk and did so much wrong with that book

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    Knew I forgot something today... Will possibly pick it up soon.

So it seems to have been better than people expected? Even with it being slow?
    I enjoyed it alot more then I thought I would

It has been a few years since I read Annihilation so help me out a little guys.

If there are Black Novas why did they not help the Worldmind during Annihilation ?
    Was Rider not the first human Nova ?
    Well if there were really were a black ops arm of the Nova Corps, I'd be willing to believe that this was all off the books. Green Lantern Corps covered similar ground a few years back. Not that hard to believe if you ask me.

I haven't read it but maybe they also get their power from a different source.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post
    That's actually the same point, divided into two points to make you look like you corrected more things than you actually did. So I got the name of the event wrong. I apologize for whatever psychological distress this might have caused you, but my point was that putting someone in the Cap suit while Cap was dead accomplished nothing but keep us from actually experiencing a Marvel Universe without a Captain America -- while ensuring that casual fans looking for Winter Soldier never find him, give up on him, and go back to whatever they were doing before Brubaker turned them on to this exciting new character.

You mean second.

That is about the most ridiculous thing I've read in these forums. Ever.

Third.

"Many" is not me, nor is it the thousands of casual fans that were getting into Brubaker's Winter Soldier when he spontaneously disappeared and became someone else for a year. I understand that we hardcore fans can follow guys trading costumes and personalities, but the casual fans that Marvel is clearly trying to attract right now can't. All they see is Captain America running around when Cap should be dead, and Winter Soldier nowhere to be seen. It's not like there's a reminder in every single issue of New Avengers that Cap isn't Cap, nor was there ever a single mention of The Winter Soldier during that year. At most, you got a Bucky mention. Again, casual fans don't care about Bucky. They cared about Winter Soldier.

You're probably one of those guys who thinks the casual fans who purchased Civil War knew that wasn't the real Daredevil.
    Speaking as former casual fan who first heard of cap and winter soldiers past in ultimate alliance (a really inaccurate take come to think of it) the fact that he wasn't winter soldier anymore never phased me.

I think anybody who was curious enough to want to read about Winter Soldier would have found out who he turned into no matter what, and would more than likely take an interest in that direction as well as wanting to see how that happened.

People who found him interesting and didn't see a title baring his name would probably ask a more savvy comic shop owner or another fan where he can be found, or they could simply go on the internet to find out.

"Oh Winter soldier? yeah he's Captain America now! its a pretty acclaimed story, check it out!"

Its not like somebody who read cap wouldn't know who he once was, it was a pretty big part of his character. hell he was in the get up a few times during that run, sometimes on the cover! I think anybody looking for a more obscure character like James would have the resources to find out where he was pretty quickly is my point. there was no alienation in that regard, certainly there wasn't for this fan.

And really it gave him a good following and a consistent place to be seen and developed that continued till this day (from cap, to cap and bucky , to WS) once again, bad example.

You're thoughts here just seem weird to me, were you against Dick Grayson becoming Batman too? (no snark honest question)
    Last edited by T.M. Anthony; 02-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Well if there were really were a black ops arm of the Nova Corps, I'd be willing to believe that this was all off the books. Green Lantern Corps covered similar ground a few years back. Not that hard to believe if you ask me.

I haven't read it but maybe they also get their power from a different source.
    I don't remember that Corps story,

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Speaking as former casual fan who first heard of cap and winter soldiers past in ultimate alliance (a really inaccurate take come to think of it) the fact that he wasn't winter soldier anymore never phased me.

I think anybody who was curious enough to want to read about Winter Soldier would have found out who he turned into no matter what, and would more than likely take an interest in that direction as well as wanting to see how that happened.

People who found him interesting and didn't see a title baring his name would probably ask a more savvy comic shop owner or another fan where he can be found, or they could simply go on the internet to find out.

"Oh Winter soldier? yeah he's Captain America now! its a pretty acclaimed story, check it out!"

Its not like somebody who read cap wouldn't know who he once was, it was a pretty big part of his character. hell he was in the get up a few times during that run, sometimes on the cover! I think anybody looking for a more obscure character like James would have the resources to find out where he was pretty quickly is my point. there was no alienation in that regard, certainly there wasn't for this fan.

And really it gave him a good following and a consistent place to be seen and developed that continued till this day (from cap, to cap and bucky , to WS) oct again, bad example.

You're thoughts here just seem weird to me, were you against Dick Grayson becoming Batman too? (no snark honest question)
    Keep it to NOVA

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by randomlee26 View Post
    I liked the issue a lot.

Having never read a Loeb comic book before, what kind of stuff is he known to do in his books that make him so reviled?
    He does exciting stories that generally sell well which makes him anathema to a lot of message board posters who are invested in the people doing the jobs being in the wrong all the time to justify their pre-fabricated anger.

That's one theory anyway.

SW

He is the writer of Ultimatum.

and dark victory the long holloween
    Superman for all season
    Deardevil yellow
    Spider-man blue
    Superman and Batman
    Rulk
    writer of the oringal teen wolf movie
    and the greastest Arnold movie of all time....Camando
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Keep it to NOVA
    yesirrrrr!

Anybody else really glad the impulsive little twat from the show isn't here? that along with the fact that he's already a bit of a responsibility taker and the understandable daddy issues is what made the ish for me.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I enjoyed it alot more then I thought I would
    That's good to hear.

Fingers crossed I'll like it It looks interesting and it's cosmic Marvel! But I don't always like McGuinness' art (although to be honest it's more that I don't like his Wolverine, I like everything else!), and it's Loeb writing it, so it could go either way.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

This was great! Sure, it was all set up, but going between seventeen years ago and now did wonders for the pacing. A fun read and it looked gorgeous too!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    and dark victory the long holloween
    Superman for all season
    Deardevil yellow
    Spider-man blue
    Superman and Batman
    Rulk
    writer of the oringal teen wolf movie
    and the greastest Arnold movie of all time....Camando
    I did not even know that.

Yeah he can be a great writer but you do not get people to forget almost destroying a universe with a event that easily.
    If he can do his part to bring Cosmic Marvel back to its glory days of Annihilation all will be forgiven at very last from me.

I did like the first issue and I am looking forward to the next one.

With this and Alpha I wonder if Marvel is testing the waters for a younger audience.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!