Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Next Arkham Game to be Released in 2013, NOT Developed by Rocksteady

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-bat...r-2013-6403765

Just thought I'd share this article and gather thoughts.
    Chill!

Rockstar!

I wouldn't mind Ubisoft Montreal doing it, they do a good job with Assassins Creed
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

Hmmm...

Well, I'm glad we don't have to wait til 2014 for a new game, but I really hope this isn't just Arkham City 2.5.

That development house is rumored to be working on a stylized prequel that will detail the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Joker.
    Enough with the god damn joker already. He even hijacked AC which was supposed to be about Strange. Why does DC think we only like the joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman9 View Post
    Rockstar!

I wouldn't mind Ubisoft Montreal doing it, they do a good job with Assassins Creed
    IDK, I wasn't too satisfied with AC3. Besides, imagine overlaying Price of persia or Assassin's Creed with Arkham. Batman's Creed. Not sure if that works.
    Chill!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Enough with the god damn joker already. He even hijacked AC which was supposed to be about Strange. Why does DC think we only like the joker?
    Seriously. A prequel is the last thing I want. I would much prefer to see the fallout of AC and how it affects Batman. Hush, Scarecrow and Bane can handle the main villainy
    There is a God. And he hates us all.

"not developed by Rocksteady" "prequel" "Joker"

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by whydelongeface View Post
    "not developed by Rocksteady" "prequel" "Joker"

Nope.
    My thoughts exactly. Those are 3 strikes if ever there were any after how great Arkham City was.
    Chill!

Well, I had extremely low hopes for Asylum given how terrible Batman games have been since the Snes, and that turned out well, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Rocksteady doing a LegoBatman 2-esque open world game starring some of the Justice league sounds outstanding to me, and hopefully the new team can expand upon the great foundation that Rocksteady laid in AC to continue that story.

Multiple playable Batfam characters would be a nice change.

Three games with the Joker as the main villain is a little much. You can only take a concept so far until it no longer becomes interesting, but I guess they just don't have much confidence in putting so much money into any other concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Three games with the Joker as the main villain is a little much. You can only take a concept so far until it no longer becomes interesting, but I guess they just don't have much confidence in putting so much money into any other concept.
    If one can say anything, the Joker/Bat stories do sell.

I doubt the 2013 game will have the joker, and if the prequel game does I doubt Hamill will do the voice.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

It appears to say Arkham 3 is coming this year and a separate game (the prequel featuring Joker) is coming in 2014.

Is that right? 2 Games announced? One this year, one next?

I was kind of unclear as to what exactly Warner Brothers is planning in 2013 but I did get the sense Rocksteady and the other developer are taking 2 directions.

I like the Akham-style JL concept and I'm fine with a pre-Arkham Asylum setting. The big thing I don't want is another Joker story. I agree 3 games with Joker in center stage is too much plus Joker had such a great death with a big impact at the end of AC that I hate to see that watered down with another Joker story. Plus, AC set up several great arcs with Hush, Azrael and others that it would be frustrating and regressive to do another Joker story.
    Chill!

Errmergerd, moar Joker?

Personally, I think they should let the Arkham games rest for a while. It seems like all WB is trying to do is milk the cash cow. The fact that the release date is going to be later next year feels like WB really is only focused on making a profit (but it's a company/corporation so I don't blame them).

Plus, AC set up several great arcs with Hush, Azrael and others that it would be frustrating and regressive to do another Joker story.
    I agree, it'd be nice if they used some other villains/characters in the story.
    Last edited by asdf; 02-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.