Default John Rambo (Rambo) vs. Barney Ross (Expendables)

Both Sylvester Stallone roles duke it out:

1) Hand to Hand

2) All weapons/equipment without prep

3) All weapons/equipment with prep

who wins?
    Current Mood: Still Bored/Awkward
    Currently Playing: None (except for maybe my NES/SNES emulator occasionally)
    Madworld Respect Thread

Vatican Assassin Warlock aut0matic's Avatar

1) rambo. dude wrecked a whole station full of cops using nothing but h2h in first blood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Y1BsF_egc (though realistically, most modern cops would have shot his ass the moment he showed any resistance.)

not to mention, he has a stupid amount of strength to be able to do this with a knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpC_A-KbaOQ

barney ross doesn't have many h2h feats that i can think of other than getting his shit pushed in by stone cold and beating van damme- though that wasn't completely h2h.

2) rambo, due to him favoring assault rifles and heavy weaponry. barney carries around a pair of revolvers- which i thought was kinda dumb.

3) this one's a tough call. barney has the better equipment with the plane, but i don't think he's able to fly and fire at the same time, given that christmas was doing the shooting. rambo, on the hand, could hide out of sight with his bow and exploding arrows. i still want to go with rambo for this one- dude was patient, stealthy, and could lay traps.

Barney did like his pistols but let's not be silly and pretend that he didn't use rifles and carbines the vast majority of the time.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Vatican Assassin Warlock aut0matic's Avatar

rambo's more like chuck norris' character (lone wolf?) in that he's a one-man army. barney was good- but he had his team backing him up every step of the way. rambo just operates on another level of action-movie craziness.

so rambo is way stronger and stealthier than barney?

would rambo's stealthy sniper-rifle attacks be too much for ross himself and even the expendables?
    Madworld Respect Thread

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by IssunBoshi View Post
    so rambo is way stronger and stealthier than barney?

would rambo's stealthy sniper-rifle attacks be too much for ross himself and even the expendables?
    You are all forgetting Ross' force field and targeting computer.

To be fair, though, Rambo is a much better seamstress.

Rambo also has that unmeasurable "crazy Vietnam vet" aura going on too. Crazy Vietnam vets are always better killers.

I thought this said "John Rambo vs Barney Rubble" so..I'm all disappointed now.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I thought this said "John Rambo vs Barney Rubble" so..I'm all disappointed now.
    you seriously weren't thinking i was going to pit a flintstones/toon against an action movie hero weren't you?
    Madworld Respect Thread

you seriously weren't thinking i was going to pit a flintstones/toon against an action movie hero weren't you?
    Thinking, maybe not..hoping and praying..oh yes indeed.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Thinking, maybe not..hoping and praying..oh yes indeed.
    pitting any toon worth their salt against a live-action movie hero, granted even a badass exaggerated one at that, would kinda make this a stomp + spite thread, wouldn't you think?
    Madworld Respect Thread

pitting any toon worth their salt against a live-action movie hero, granted even a badass exaggerated one at that, would kinda make this a stomp + spite thread, wouldn't you think?
    I wasn't actually being serious, well I did read this as first saying Barney Rubble(had a tooth extracted yesterday so I'm medicated), but I hadn't seen who had made the thread so for all I knew it was someone newly registered. Well wait are you saying Barney Rubble could actually defeat Rambo?
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-20-2013 at 07:38 AM.

I wasn't actually being serious, well I did read this as first saying Barney Rubble(had a tooth extracted yesterday so I'm medicated), but I hadn't seen who had made the thread so for all I knew it was someone newly registered. Well wait are you saying Barney Rubble could actually defeat Rambo?
    Well Rubble may not be anywhere close to being the strongest toon and probably doesn't have feats of reality-warping abilities/powers like classic disney/warner bros/mgm/fleischer/lantz(woody woodpecker's company)/etc. or the rest of his hanna-barbera peers, but i'm sure Rubble's trademark hanna-barbera running super-speed and durability is going to prevent someone like Rambo from actually killing/injuring him and not to mention Rambo is going to have a hard time trying to catch him.

My point is... trying to bring up any particular toonforcer here would basically be "spiting" Rambo, whom doesn't deserve it.
    Last edited by IssunBoshi; 02-20-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    Madworld Respect Thread

Everyone in the Flintstones must have had really, really, really durable feet. At least.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post
    Everyone in the Flintstones must have had really, really, really durable feet. At least.
    New Flinstones toon question:

"What feets does he have?"

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.