Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

None of this is based on PROVEN science. Its all theoretical so therefore it is still just science fiction and not actual science.

This is what is great about Hickman. You can tell he's an intelligent and well versed guy when it comes to science and stuff like that. When he writes a character like Reed Richards or Tony Stark you can buy it.

Compare that to when someone like Bendis writes Stark or characters like that. The level of authenticity and believability is much higher with Hickman. And that makes the story easier to invest in.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitEEntropy View Post
    None of this is based on PROVEN science. Its all theoretical so therefore it is still just science fiction and not actual science.
    But it's based very firmly in science. It's a much higher level of science fiction than the "pew pew" sci-fi we tend to get in comics. Scientific reality has always been much more interesting than what we've been presented in fiction. It just takes the desire to do the research, which Hickman obvious does. It's what makes his stories so fascinating.

The part about the universe ending faster than it should, is just not the multiverse stuff. I would say Hickman took that fact and twisted his own way.
    Sciencetist thought the universe expansion was slowing down, until they found out other wise and found that the universe is expanding faster when it should be slowing down.
    Meaning at the rate that the universe is expanding will cause it to end faster than it should. And that is science fact.
    Last edited by timeismoney; 02-20-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Maybe something to ask Hickman himself. He is a guest on CBR's axel-in-charge piece this week.
    You can ask anything Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity-related on the A-i-C thread which is over here:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...estions-Thread

They are evidence supported hypotheses, that makes them science.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    But it's based very firmly in science..
    Umm...yeah. All science fiction is. Thats why its called SCIENCE fiction.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    One piece of advice: don't move anywhere near the Large Hadron Collider. Switzerland may be a lovely place but the end of everything will start there

I love Hickman's Sci-Fi ideas and using great and wild minds throughout history, fictional and real. The man loves his science and makes it fun. Bill Nye would be proud.

If these wild and sometimes frighteningly real theories interest you, definitely check out Michio Kaku. He addresses "Impossible Physics" in many of his books. He prob has a podcast floating around somewhere too. He is smart guy who loves exploring the possibilities of alternate universes, time travel and Sci-Fi concepts and technology. And he explains things in an accessible way.
    They set up a webcam for the LHC.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Cool. When their mortal curiosity opens a black hole on Earth I will witness safely (for a little while anyways) from my desk. Good times.

I am fascinated by the LHC and the possibilities. I definitely want to visit one day. Euro trip...who is with me?!?

I am convinced Hickman has subscriptions to every scientific journal out now. E-mags.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

But wouldn't researches like Reed Richards and the Black Panther have a grounding in all this, being as they make a point of being way in front of anybody else in theoretical sciences? I just feel that these two men have been blind sided on this issue when they should have anticipated this happening at some point. Are we supposed to believe that Richards and T'Challa are going to get surprised by the Multiverse the more these story arcs come out? Are Reed and Panther dumbed down now, or is this Incursion just some alteration of an already existing balance that has just now been imbalanced? To my mind, all they have to do is find the culprits signature on this, like Nightmare perhaps, and just beat on him till he stops it.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

One piece of advice: don't move anywhere near the Large Hadron Collider. Switzerland may be a lovely place but the end of everything will start there

I love Hickman's Sci-Fi ideas and using great and wild minds throughout history, fictional and real. The man loves his science and makes it fun. Bill Nye would be proud.

If these wild and sometimes frighteningly real theories interest you, definitely check out Michio Kaku. He addresses "Impossible Physics" in many of his books. He prob has a podcast floating around somewhere too. He is smart guy who loves exploring the possibilities of alternate universes, time travel and Sci-Fi concepts and technology. And he explains things in an accessible way.
    I saw his lecture on the possible classes of Aliens, pretty fascinating stuff.

Cool. When their mortal curiosity opens a black hole on Earth I will witness safely (for a little while anyways) from my desk. Good times.

I am fascinated by the LHC and the possibilities. I definitely want to visit one day. Euro trip...who is with me?!?
    If a black hole opens anywhere on earth where you are would not matter, the equations on the energy required are pretty simple, the LHC don't have enough power to great a b black hole big enough to last even milliseconds before it evaporates from quantum effects. there is not enough power available on earth with all it's resources combined to create a black hole that last long enough long enough to grow.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Yup, Hickman is a goodman when it comes to writing comics.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

I don't really think Hickman originated that plot point for the Marvel Universe, anyway. This isn't the first time we've encountered alternate realities expanding into the Marvel Universe, or the Marvel Universe expanding into other realities.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier