Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 10 Things Geoff Johns Added To Green Lantern

One thing I think they didn't mention is that he was the first one (as I recall) to have them overcome their yellow weakness, to the point where nobody even discusses it any more.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Where is that image of the shattered lanterns from? 7 colors is already a lot, and now I see an extra blue color?
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    One thing I think they didn't mention is that he was the first one (as I recall) to have them overcome their yellow weakness, to the point where nobody even discusses it any more.

Yes, and good riddance IMO, that limitation was just stupid.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    Where is that image of the shattered lanterns from? 7 colors is already a lot, and now I see an extra blue color?
    I believe that is a recent cover from the New Guardians series, but since I don't read it I don't have anymore details.

Laughed at the avatar of love being called The Predator. Would of been funnier if it was named "The Cougar"

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    It's the WTF cover for Green Lantern # 19.

Thanks for sharing this man. Its great that at least some people do recognize that Geoff Johns did a lot for Hal Jordan as a character and for the Green Lantern concept itself. I will severely miss him on the title. I really loved how Johns made me feel like I was reading a cop/detective or a military-themed comic whenever I picked up Green Lantern. Hopefully, the next writer is able to capture that same feeling.

I wish Johns luck in writing Aquaman and Justice League. He's already introduced a lot of great concepts in the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknet View Post
    Laughed at the avatar of love being called The Predator. Would of been funnier if it was named "The Cougar"
    Bless Johns' heart, I respect that he was trying to integrate more past DC continuity, but that was a bad call. The Predator should have just been left to be some weird anomaly having to do with Carol Ferris' integration as a Star Sapphire.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Is Newsarama even capable of putting out something that is not a top-ten list type or unnecessary slideshow format?

11. Revamped the Star Sapphire's costume. Loved the one designed by Ivan Reis. It's too bad they phased it out.

Bless Johns' heart, I respect that he was trying to integrate more past DC continuity, but that was a bad call. The Predator should have just been left to be some weird anomaly having to do with Carol Ferris' integration as a Star Sapphire.
    He should have just ignored it.

He should have kept the naming scheme that they used for Parallas and Ion and let EVS design them. There is just something lacking in the Mahnke ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    Is Newsarama even capable of putting out something that is not a top-ten list type or unnecessary slideshow format?
    I like it when they mark things as Op/Ed. As if "The top 10 things Geoff Johns Did for Green Lantern" isn't just someone's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    It's the WTF cover for Green Lantern # 19.
    Yeah, just saw it now. I guess it achieved it's goal with me, because that's what ran through my mind when I saw it.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Ron Marz was the writer who had Kyle's ring immune to yellow. Geoff Johns took the idea and ran with it.
    G+-Add me for comic reviews and other news!

PSN: maniacthw
    Currently playing: Battlefield 3, Infamous, Duke Nukem: Forever.

Anyone else find a good half of these as things they would prefer not to have happened...or to go away?