Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    I'm no fan of convenient fight scenes myself but Superman did have him on his knees before he monologued him for one panel. So is it in Superman's nature to beat an opponent in the back of the head when they're on their knees? I dunno, YMMV.

No not usually but with everything going on and with the universe about to explode in a couple of minutes. You think his top priority would to quickly finish H'el.

But then again it not the finale yet so I guess it's understandable. :)

RETURN OF THE RED TRUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!

ANyways, what is Supergirl doing? He's a liar, beat the hell out of him already! No arguing or bickering, kick his butt!!!

Hands down the best book of the week. Supergirl/Wonder Woman duke out drawn by Asrar! I can't believe I only paid $2.99 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Hands down the best book of the week. Supergirl/Wonder Woman duke out drawn by Asrar! I can't believe I only paid $2.99 for it.
    I would call this easily the best issue of the crossover so far, as well. Really great action, and Kara's eye-opening moment was worth the protracted buildup.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

DC should capitalize off the fact they accidentally allowed the red trunks for one panel. Red Trunks supporters worldwide will be sure to buy 5 copies of this book to show their support!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I need to digi-buy this. The art was awesome. People have complained about the crossoverdose of this, but, yeesh, from the cover to the interiors this artist is like Lenil Francis Yu cross-pollinated with a bit of Benes. That cover was awesome. Was it an homage to something similar? Because I see that cover getting tributed (not a real word, natch) forever and ever.

Re Member

Ok, I've been pretty hard on this whole Crossover, but I'll admit right now that if the rest of it had been as good as this issue... darn, that was good.

Well played, Misters Johnson and Asrar.

Finally the blinders are off Kara. This is actually revving up to be a pretty interesting conclusion. And by the gods, Asrar might finally be getting a handle on Superman himself, pretty much my only qualm with his work.

That panel of the Oracle hovering over Earth though? Probably the best panel he's drawn in this entire run.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primemao View Post
    No not usually but with everything going on and with the universe about to explode in a couple of minutes. You think his top priority would to quickly finish H'el.

*WRAAK*

Wait!
    ...?
    The crossover ends next week, in your book!
    Oh
    *KA-WHAMMM*

Cool issue. Finally Kara sees the truth. I have to admit I did consider what H'El was saying hypothetically. Would it really matter in the end? Then again, who can say that he could find a way to save krypton when he goes back in time. Unless of course its one of his many unexplained abilities.

I wasn't reading Supergirl before the H'el story.

Is it possible this is happening BEFORE she got her head into a better place regarding Earth? Or is it possible the nasty terms she used to describe Earth were said out of spite only, just because she was saying it to Superman, who she's ticked off at for the moment?

H'El's definitely a more complex character than I thought. At least, he's either complex or very, very good at being deceitful. Either way its a character I like. Because if he's serious and he truly believes that even the destruction of Earth will be reversed due to their changes and it'll be to them nothing than a bad dream, its yet another suggestion that the guy, while woefully misguided by grief, is not wholly evil. Or he's on the fly whipping up a new explanation to try and keep Kara on his side, in which case he's all kinds of clever-evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    H'El's definitely a more complex character than I thought. At least, he's either complex or very, very good at being deceitful. Either way its a character I like. Because if he's serious and he truly believes that even the destruction of Earth will be reversed due to their changes and it'll be to them nothing than a bad dream, its yet another suggestion that the guy, while woefully misguided by grief, is not wholly evil. Or he's on the fly whipping up a new explanation to try and keep Kara on his side, in which case he's all kinds of clever-evil.
    Someone on another board, tho', said that the stuff he's said about Krypton doesn't ring true compared with what we've already been told. (I'm not sure what specific points this guy seemed to pick up on that I missed.)

Is it possible H'el is from another reality? I've wondered if he's Superboy Prime somehow horribly disfigured due to Flashpoint-related things. (Maybe he was on his way to the DC mainstream and got hit by "turbulence" as Barry's reset was taking hold.) Wasn't it said that H'el was a new version of an old bad guy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primemao View Post

I wouldn't argue with that. It's shady but understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Man I was ready to write him off too up until that point. I got chills when he answered Supergirl's accusation because I was expecting the same old song and dance, like earth is such dirt it's no consequence. But like you said, either way it's a hell of a lot more interesting than just regurgitating the same old cliches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethno View Post
    I wasn't reading Supergirl before the H'el story.

Is it possible this is happening BEFORE she got her head into a better place regarding Earth? Or is it possible the nasty terms she used to describe Earth were said out of spite only, just because she was saying it to Superman, who she's ticked off at for the moment?
    If you look at the timeline, Supergirl has only been on Earth for a little over two weeks, and they have been far from pleasant. I've been reading and enjoying her series from the start, and I think her actions with H'El are completely in keeping with the character they've built for her so far. She's not a superhero yet, she's a scared and confused kid who just wants to go home.
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.