Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    +1000 Goldenboy882. You said it much better than I did. I don't even know who this Supergirl is, she bears so little resemblance to what we were seeing in her own book before this arc started. Lobdell needed a patsy for his story, and he found one.
    Right back at you! I do not mean to be such a sourpuss, but it disappoints me that little effort was given to take Kara's character into account for this storyline. At all times I want to root for the writer. Give me a situation, and if you explain it properly, I'll take it. Make me believe that something should and would happen in a situation.

What is sad is that Kara is not the only one suffering. Clark has also gone back and forth in his characterization, from kind and understanding to snippy and snarky at the drop of a hat. No wonder Kara believed H'el's impersonation. It was not far from the character that Scott has depicted in the comic.

I really don't mind how she has been acting. As long as at the end of the arc she learns from it and grows from it. It will be a satisfying ending if she comes out of this a little smarter and stronger and her character takes the next big step forward. Now, if after this is all said and done and she still gets protrayed this way, well nothing is accomplished.

I really like how the JL is presented in all of this. Three members alone can more or less take care of a half of the earth ripping itself apart. THIS is the JL that I love reading!! It reminds me of Morrison's JLA and Mark Millar's Authority run. Just a bunch of extremely compliant super powered individuals doing what they gotta do! Good stuff.

At first I wondered just how needed that JL would be in this story arc but Mr. Lobdell really made me believe and understand why you would logically include them into this story. It is a shared DCU after all so it very cool.

Interestingly enough it doesn't take away anything from the planet moving, 2nd smartest in the world, perfect control over his powers guy that has been built up since issue 13....hell Mr. Lobdell has added more to him!

Same goes for Superboy. Lobdell has just put everyones powers and skill into perspective. Their character and ability to deal with things has really been put into perspective with this whole thing.

As for Supergirl? I think she's been down very well in this arc. Mainly because it really just let me remember that she's just a little girl that wants to go home! Yeah she made some friends and saved the earth once but nothing in that promised her the chance to go home. She's putting on the blinders so that nothing spoils her chance at home. It's not a perfect thing to do but I can't say that I wouldn't so the same if put in the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by wu-tang warrior View Post
    I really don't mind how she has been acting. As long as at the end of the arc she learns from it and grows from it. It will be a satisfying ending if she comes out of this a little smarter and stronger and her character takes the next big step forward. Now, if after this is all said and done and she still gets protrayed this way, well nothing is accomplished.
    Well said. I agree

I'm generally fine with how Kara has been acting. Not seeing anything remotely out of character to be honest. Kara may have found friends, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want to go home or that she had completely accepted Krypton being gone. If anything H'el came right before she cemented anything thoughts towards that, offering her one last chance to return home. I also agree with a comment someone made earlier about Kara being more in love with what H'el represents than H'el himself.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

She tried to murder the Flash.

Kara better pray the lasso shows her some sense before she bleeds out.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

To the delight of Lexrules and others, in Supergirl #17, Superman is back to wearing the red trunks (even if only for a panel).

Quote Originally Posted by the Sun God View Post
    To the delight of Lexrules and others, in Supergirl #17, Superman is back to wearing the red trunks (even if only for a panel).

A big, but awesome mistake. Or Superman got hit so hard he forgot the New 52 happened for a split second.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    A big, but awesome mistake. Or Superman got hit so hard he forgot the New 52 happened for a split second.
    Maybe it's a H'el power: in the latest issue of Superboy, he use his powers for swap the costumes of Superman and Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    Maybe it's a H'el power: in the latest issue of Superboy, he use his powers to replace the costumes of Superman and Superboy.

That reminds me to question. Why when Superman had H'el on the ground for the count momentarily. Didn't he press on his attack but decided to chit chat with H'el instead? He deserve that pow right to the moon for letting his gaurd down. lol

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

McCraig does what he wants, like a boss. No Prize for the trunks: his costume displayed the ability to change colors in the Collector story.

This was one of the better crossover issues. Wonder Woman made for a good guest star, and Kara's caught on. I chuckled at H'els use of "beloved." He acted like he didn't want it until she put that jailbait on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Why is it she refused to believe Superman is her cousin for so long but she was on board with H'el the instant he came along?
    Two reasons:

-Superman isn't telling her what she wants to hear and H'El is.
    -She doesn't "know" Superman. From her perspective he's gone native and she isn't ready to accept the fact that Krypton is gone and she'll have to go native too.

This issue was a little padded with dialogue, like all the x-over issues have been but it was nice to see Wonder Woman and her lasso were the one's to finally bring Supergirl around. It was even better to see WW kick her ass by out boxing her.

This arc is getting a little stale with its drawn out pacing but I'm eager to see The Return to Krypton and what kind of closure it's going to provide Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Primemao View Post

Superman's 1st appearance in the New 52! Well, if you overlook the collar, that is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primemao View Post

That reminds me to question. Why when Superman had H'el on the ground for the count momentarily. Didn't he press on his attack but decided to chit chat with H'el instead? He deserve that pow right to the moon for letting his gaurd down. lol
    I'm no fan of convenient fight scenes myself but Superman did have him on his knees before he monologued him for one panel. So is it in Superman's nature to beat an opponent in the back of the head when they're on their knees? I dunno, YMMV.