Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was good. Medusa went down pretty easy, but finally she save those god damn brats. And best of all spoilers:
    Alice!
    end of spoilers Hellz yeah! Been waiting for her. The only thing is "Hawkfire". Still just not a fan of the change in name for Bette.
    I actually thought Alice was bound to show up due to the nature of these arcs.

I very much agree on Hawkfire. To me, despite what some have said, really doesn't do what Flamebird did. And Flamebird is gender neutral, too, btw.

Well, I've yet to see it myself, but I'm sure I'm overall pleased.
    "Mmmmmmm, Namor" - Celebrating Cold Water's Appreciation of All Things Namor

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

To me "Hawkfire" is just too close to "Flamebird" that it comes off as highly unnecessary. The training and new look was more than enough to reinvent Bette. "Hawkfire" is a little too much IMO.

Man, this issue was so goooooooooooooooood.
    Best art the series has seen yet (and that's saying something), super satisfying conclusion to the Medusa arc, Kate and Bette together again, Abbot, the action, Sune's return, Hook Crab, the kiss/proposal, the final scene...man, I loved everything about it.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Haha, oh ya Hook Crab. I really hope we see Hook Crab again

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    That happened during the second story arc. The DEO already knows about them.
    Do they know about them as a couple or about the proposal? Because there is probably some kind of rule against a serving police officer associating with a costumed vigilante, let alone marrying one. The obvious step if Jacob Kane manages to cover his tracks enough so that the DEO can no longer use that, is to threaten to end Maggie's career. Maybe it would even carry a prison sentence and a cop would have a hard time in prison.
    Last edited by Bluebow; 02-20-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Loved it. Go Kate!

The issue was good. Bette's new name and costume are terrible.
    Psylocke

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

This was as good as I had hoped for the ending. The romantic kiss between Kate and Maggie was fantastic. In one moment, Kate is able to be honest with her identity to Maggie and propose a future together. That was awsome and it sets up great dynamics for future stories.

The other wild part is Bones speaking to Beth. "You have our sister's eyes." What!? Bones is Kate's and Beth's brother?
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Things went down much to easily for my taste but I love the end result so I'm not gonna be mad. Batwoman revealing herself to Maggie while asking her to marry her was beautiful!

Veteran Member

Beautiful art, beautiful story.

Everyone shined here, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Hawkfire (It will take time to get used to) and best of all Kate proposed to Maggie! YAY!

Also, Alice's appearance at the end was quite intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    The other wild part is Bones speaking to Beth. "You have our sister's eyes." What!? Bones is Kate's and Beth's brother?
    Yes, this. What's up with this??? First time I read it, I mis-read it as "your sister's eyes," which almost makes me wonder if it's a typo? Although if so, that's a pretty unfortunate one. If it's not a typo, then my mind can't even wrap itself around what the statement implies....

Force fields for everyone skids's Avatar

So beautiful... Im going to miss JHW art RIGHT NOW :(

I kind of hope Kate gets rejected...I love the character, but would love to see her cut down to size a bit

Also, wow, did not notice that thing with Bones at the end until pointed out here. It's almost certainly an unfortunately typo - Bones is a black man. Unless, you know, New 52...

Hawkfire is good, it infers an "upgrade" on Flamebird (Flame->Fire and Bird->Hawk)

What could become confusing is that there is already a Firehawk (Firestorm).

But I love Bette, though.
    Please check my mini-reviews of DC and Marvel comics at:

http://myhumblereview.blogspot.com

Comments and feedback are always welcome!

I loved this it took 17 issues to wrap up this full storyline. It was just awesome awesome, and from Batwoman proposing to Alice's return and the reveal that Bones is Kate and Beth's brother, I mean wow. makes me wish Batwoman was double shipped :D
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.