Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    This seems a very minimalistic presentation.
    I'd like to say it's a brilliant commentary on Ben Reilly getting the shaft, but apparently the link didn't work.

It's actually a pretty cool pic of Ben Reilly by RDMacQ!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'd like to say it's a brilliant commentary on Ben Reilly getting the shaft, but apparently the link didn't work.

It's actually a pretty cool pic of Ben Reilly by RDMacQ!
    Cool!

Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

The cover to Scarlet Spider #21. Ryan Stegman just posted it.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...an-d69gw90.jpg

Impact webbing, too.

Over in another thread, some of them think Peter is actually in the Goblin suit in the most recent comic instead of Norman. In my opinion, I don't think it's Peter as the Green Goblin running around. I think it's Ben Reilly. Listen to why I think this is true. Ben Reilly has been teased as returning in the Scarlet Spider book in August. However, no one really believes it's the "real" Ben. I also think Marvel has plans to bring back Ben Reilly in some way. So.....how can they do that? By picking up on the ending on the Clone Saga and putting Ben in the Goblin suit. I mean, in all honesty, who would have imprisoned Ben and stashed him away all these years? Who would've brainwashed him or turned him into a villain? It certainly wouldn't have been the Jackal!!! For many years, people have argued that a perfect clone such as Ben would not have turned to dust when he died.....Kaine did not turn to dust. Neither did Spidercide, Clor (Thor's clone), or any X-man clone we've seen. Norman probably cloned Ben (a clone of a clone probably would turn to dust) and Norman has been holding on to him.....waiting to release him when it served his needs. Such as now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

Impact webbing, too.
    Pleaseeeee be Ben Reilly!! I have waited years for this! I beg of you marvel.....bring back Ben and let him team up with his "brother"

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

Impact webbing, too.
    Yea I was searching to see if this was being discussed. It looks like it is Reilly from the comments too:

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Solicitations

CARLET SPIDER #20 & 21
    CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • CARLO BARBERI (A)
    CoverS by RYAN STEGMAN
    Issue #20 –
    SIBLING RIVALRY -- PART TWO!
    • Scarlet Spider has come to New York City to check on his ‘brother’ Spider-Man! But their reunion has been interrupted by an army of mutant spider-clones!
    • Can Spider-Man and Kaine put aside their differences to deal with the Jackal?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Issue #21 –
    INTO THE GRAVE PART 1 (of 3)
    • After last issue’s shocking ending, everything has changed for Kaine. His second chance at life is over.
    • At his lowest point, he comes face to face with the one man that’s fueled his obsession, hate and guilt his entire life... BEN REILLY.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

i really hope this isn't a tease. though i didn't read a lot of Spidey after the Clone Saga i always liked Ben Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Yea I was searching to see if this was being discussed. It looks like it is Reilly from the comments too:

I have a feeling Kaine is either going to be ina dream state where Ben Reilly talks to him about power and responsibility, or it will the last clone from MVP parading around in Ben Reilly's suit.

Quote Originally Posted by rdfnd1253 View Post
    I have a feeling Kaine is either going to be ina dream state where Ben Reilly talks to him about power and responsibility, or it will the last clone from MVP parading around in Ben Reilly's suit.
    Yea it is probably all smoke and mirrors. Marvel wouldn't put it in solicits or in a satellite title. They do seem to be using A LOT of untouched storylines in Scarlet Spider though and I'll be interested to see if this is for real or not.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Only after disaster can we be resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by zemus View Post
    That is a beautiful image, I wish stegman was back on scarlet spider

Yea it is probably all smoke and mirrors. Marvel wouldn't put it in solicits or in a satellite title. They do seem to be using A LOT of untouched storylines in Scarlet Spider though and I'll be interested to see if this is for real or not.

I definitely agree with you that this is smoke & mirrors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLwVPakzwM (wrestling fans will get the joke) BUT I do disagree with you that a potential return for Ben Reilly would be too big a thing to do within the pages of Scarlet Spider. Really to me there would be no better place for it too happen then in Scarlet Spider given Ben & Kaine's complicated history & feeling towards one another + it just feels like there's too many other things going on in Superior Spider-Man right now to truly make the return of Ben Reilly a big thing which it should be....Like I said I don't think it would happen BUT if it did I'm fairly certain Scarlet Spider would have more eyeballs on it just because Ben was the major player of one of 90's most controversial story lines in comics.

Kinda thinking about re-reading the clone saga. Kinda wish it weren't so long.

A few issues in :
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Default New Marvel/DC Crossover Idea: Scarlet Spider/Batwing

Anybody up for a hot crossover? DC Comics has this new Batman character called Batwing, and he is awesome! I just thought up today an idea for a Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)/Batwing comic book crossover event! I'd really like to see Carlos Pacheco do the Marvel half of it. Who do you fans think should draw the DC half?

Read Batwing #20-21 (July-August 2013)!
    Last edited by carloshll726; 06-23-2013 at 11:42 AM.

There is one thing that makes Ben Reilly rather impressive.

Very few Marvel characters have managed to sustain four monthly titles (and supplemental material) for more than an year.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?