Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SF Synopsis-Adventures Beyond Space

Adventures beyond Space: Synopsis

Isaac A. Law

Adventures beyond Space (named so as the idea is adventure which takes place beyond the stars) is an idea for an ongoing science fiction graphic novel series aimed for a young adult audience. The main characters are Jason Sheridan (a male human science fiction geek), Mizzik (a furry beast-like male alien), Salena (a female salamander-like alien) and Nellishia (a female ungulate-like alien). The antagonists vary widely one after another, the Dragoth Empire, interstellar mobsters and a verity of exotic but deadly extraterrestrials. They ride onboard a claytronic (made of tiny robotic molecules that rearrange themselves in order to change shape) spaceship called the Silver Spirit.

It’s a mixture of space opera, hard science fiction and speculative fiction. It’s aimed for a young adult audience due to the content which ranges mostly in PG-13 but can actually range in a number of different ratings from story to story depending on plot and setting. Content includes strong language and alien sexuality.

It starts with the story called “A New Beginning” where Jason first meets Mizzik and they save planet Earth from Dragoth Pirates by blowing up the spaceship with a homing signal. Next is “Gangsters and Companions” where they first meet Salena and Nellishia and get involved with alien mobsters who want to kill the alien characters and mount Jason as a trophy or turn him over to an illegal alien zoo or as a pet or slave servant. Ultimately, they beat them with laser guns and their wit, but it won’t be the last time they see them. The third would be “My First Date with an Alien” where Jason forms a romantic relationship with a female alien who he is shocked to wake up to find that her species is transsexual and has turned into a male overnight (similar to a species of fish on planet Earth), due to the nature of the species own reproductive system. They talk it over and they remain in touch as Jason and the rest of crew go about their business onboard the Silver Spirit. It’s speculative fiction based on how humans might relate in mating with extraterrestrial selective partners. This is an example of the reason it’s aimed for a young adult audience.

These three are just the starter stories to what the writer hopes to be a series that continues on for a while. He believes people will like this because it’s good science fiction and it has characters with relatable personalities that drive the audience at the same time that they are extraterrestrials from other worlds. For example, there’s the case with Jason Sheridan who periodically is a xenogamist, which is someone who selectively prefers female individuals of species that are extraterrestrial to his own species. And he also forms a selective relationship with both Salena and Nellishia from time to time. Also he has a bonding friendship with Mizzik. Also he is like a father figure to him, like how a strong powerful father lion takes care and has fun with his lion cub.

It’s a series of science fiction stories that packs a punch with action and science fiction concepts that blow your mind away with a healthy dose of a good storylines with bonding relationships that appeal to teenagers and young adults with profound feelings in their lifestyles. The settings are vast and marvelous. For example, Hypergates, giant ring-shaped structures that provide as a means of cosmic transportation through Hyperspace. Dyson Spheres that conceal entire stars and collect their energy. Ring Worlds that spiral around black holes. And there are traversable wormholes that are used commercially as a means of travel through space, time and parallel universes.

And there is a verity of alien species to encounter that make good stories. Greys, which are carbon and silicon based life forms, share a collective consciousness and are cyborgs or drones in nature. They help serve other species and they’re responsible for alien abduction aboard saucer ships and the Roswell Crash. They spread across the universe colonizing and collecting energy from red dwarf stars, which gives them an advantage because red dwarves are the most common stars out there. Tollerots, hooved humanoids with four lobed brains obsessed with profit and business. Criminal members of the species have been known to enslave attractive females of other species. These are a few of the many races to encounter in these stories. Each on its own makes for a good story.

So, what's your opinion?
    Last edited by Alienscifi; 02-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.

If the 54 people who read this decided they like it, please do send some replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienscifi View Post
    If the 54 people who read this decided they like it, please do send some replies.
    You need to do more than write a synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyRay View Post
    You need to do more than write a synopsis.
    Indeed, and a script is on the way. But what's your opinion on the synopsis? Do you like it?

Do you do research for the thing you do ?
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by Scurlogg_Hawkk View Post
    Do you do research for the thing you do ?
    Yes, how to make a script, how to make science fiction, real science and so on.

That is cool what A. stands for in Issac A. Law don't tell it stands for Arthur :)

That is cool what A. stands for in Issac A. Law don't tell it stands for Arthur :)
    "A" is for "Aubrey". I looked it up and it means "elf king". I assume less like Santa's Elves and more like LOTR's Elves. I use "Alienscifi" as a nickname. Isaac "Alienscifi" Law.

That is cool.:) Lord of the rings elves , but skyrim elves are better :) or D&D elves are even better that them :)

That is cool.:) Lord of the rings elves , but skyrim elves are better :) or D&D elves are even better that them :)
    Is it okay to talk about my synopsis?

Quote Originally Posted by Alienscifi View Post
    Is it okay to talk about my synopsis?
    It's okay to talk about everything :) .It's nice one by the way :)

Does it work as a series plot? Do you like it and will people want to see this in a science fiction graphic novels series?

Yes on all the questions if done right the project can work .But here the key thing here is research mate .The thing you do right not research is a key here you are doing Science fiction .I wish you good luck .In some manner the whole thing reminds of Farscape i don't know why :)

I'm looking for a creative team to help work on this project. Any advice or people you know who would be interested in this?

Mate to do some creative work takes a lot of dedication from the all parties involve in it .Hours of hours of endless work over things .Sorry can't help you there .There are dedicated people around the net but they are very rare bunch too see they are like unicorns they may or may not exist in this realm :)