Default The Ultimate Universe Ending in 2014?

Delete if possible. Just saw other thread. :)
    Last edited by Panther X; 02-18-2013 at 03:56 PM.

=O

I'll believe it when I see some official announcements.
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

someone please link me the other thread!!!

.... BUT PLEASE THOUGH IF THIS DOES HAPPEN!! I'M GONNA BURNN MARVEL!!!! WAHHYYYY!!!??@?? -__- I'm actually feeling really sad right now... it's just a stupid thing... if this does happen though, it means that i will not be reading anything from marvel again... (except for Indestructible Hulk and Daredevil..)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Cool
    The rumour is that we’re going to see an Avengers Vs The Ultimates series next year, the second 616/Ultimate crossover, pitting one Captain America against the other.

And that the whole event may lead to the end of the Ultimate Universe, in print published form at least…
    That's the reason . But I think that Marvel is trying to reboot the Ultimate Universe because The Ultimates are , well ... , let's say not-good-written-enough (Humphries is not bad but there's something missing on how he writes) from the-after-Ultimatum-effect till now . So that maybe the reason . But personnaly I think that they just wanna reboot that universe so they could just give a chance to new writers and artists or maybe they just think that Ultimate Universe's books aren't solding well enough ...

Marvel is not going to cancel the Ultimate Universe in the near future:

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr11 View Post
    According to Bendis' tumblr:

Attachment 108898
    Quote Originally Posted by https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/303713913231511552
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDISVerified account
    ‏@BRIANMBENDIS
    The Ulitmate universe is not cancelled! the concept of legit comics reporting is though.
    This is being talked about about in the AVENGERS VS. ULTIMATES thread.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 02-19-2013 at 01:36 AM.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsplasher View Post
    That's the reason . But I think that Marvel is trying to reboot the Ultimate Universe because The Ultimates are , well ... , let's say not-good-written-enough (Humphries is not bad but there's something missing on how he writes) from the-after-Ultimatum-effect till now . So that maybe the reason . But personnaly I think that they just wanna reboot that universe so they could just give a chance to new writers and artists or maybe they just think that Ultimate Universe's books aren't solding well enough ...

It's a shame, because when Hickman relaunched The Ultimates his cast choices were strong, and it's direction too. It actually felt like The Ultimates again, for the first time since Millar and Hitch left. Humphries really wasn't up to task in following on, in my opinion.

And where's Captain Britain dammit? And the other Excalibur Class Captains?
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    It's a shame, because when Hickman relaunched The Ultimates his cast choices were strong, and it's direction too. It actually felt like The Ultimates again, for the first time since Millar and Hitch left. Humphries really wasn't up to task in following on, in my opinion.

And where's Captain Britain dammit? And the other Excalibur Class Captains?
    Totally agree. Maybe with Humphries leaving (assuming that's true) we'll get the real Ultimates back as well as Captain Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    =O

I'll believe it when I see some official announcements.
    Agreed as it is it's just rumours from Bleeding Cool which has already been denied by Bendis. Unless there's any official announcement by Marvel themselves I think I'll just ignore this rumour personally lol.

If it does "end" I hope they merge the good characters into the 616. at least they won't go to waste
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    If it does "end" I hope they merge the good characters into the 616. at least they won't go to waste
    Well, IF it ends, it will supposedly be because of a 616/Ultimate crossover, so there's really no excuse several beloved characters couldn't simply just stay in 616. There will be characters that would be redundant to have multiples of (like Sue Storm) but when it comes to original characters like Miles or Jimmy, I think it could work. Not sure what they would do with Ultimate Nick Fury now, since he's already in 616 :P
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Well, IF it ends, it will supposedly be because of a 616/Ultimate crossover, so there's really no excuse several beloved characters couldn't simply just stay in 616. There will be characters that would be redundant to have multiples of (like Sue Storm) but when it comes to original characters like Miles or Jimmy, I think it could work. Not sure what they would do with Ultimate Nick Fury now, since he's already in 616 :P
    Just for the sake of deleting 616 nick fury jr, i'd be happy to have UU nick.

But I do think the UU will end during the crossover. That also means there is zero chance Ultimate Peter will come back :P oh well... still the best spider-man run of all time.

I'd still be up for a merge with a reboot (infinite crisis style).
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies