Default Hall of fame for the Sinister Six

After seeing the last episode of "Ultimate Spider-Man", with the animated debut of the Sinister Six, I checked some things and I just realized something funny. You see, we can gather several "Sinister Six" groups with most of his main foes; each group with a topic:

1) Sinister Six - Totems (Villains with animal powers like Spiderman):
    + Kraven the Hunter (lion).
    + The Lizard.
    + The Rhino.
    + The Vulture.
    + The Scorpion.
    + The Beetle.

2) Sinister Six - Elements of nature:
    + Electro (lightning)
    + Molten Man (fire)
    + Sandman (earth)
    + Hydro-Man (water)
    + Cyclone (air)
    *OK, it lacks a sixth member, but you get the idea.

3) Sinister Six - Big Men of Crime:
    + Kingpin
    + Hammerhead
    + Silvermane
    + Tombstone
    + The Crime Master
    + The Owl (he's usually a Daredevil's foe, but he has faced Spiderman many times too)

4) Sinister Six - Mad geniuses and "masterminds":
    + The Green Goblin
    + Dr Octopus
    + Mysterio
    + Chamaleon
    + Alystair Smythe
    + Tinkerer

5) Sinister Six - Monsters and freaks:
    + The DemoGoblin/The HobGoblin
    + The Jackal
    + Carnage
    + Vermin
    + Morbius, the Living Vampire
    + Wolf-Man (John Jameson)

Well, what do you think? Curious, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    + Electro (lightning)
    + Molten Man (fire)
    + Sandman (earth)
    + Hydro-Man (water)
    + Cyclone (air)
    Obviously, the sixth member is Cardiac, with the power of heart! "By your powers combined..."
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Dude clearly the best Sinister 6 would be this

Dr Octopus
    Green Goblin (Norman Osoborn)
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Kraven the Hunter
    Chameleon
    Vulture (Adrian Toomes)

His most dangerous enemies

Four degrees higher Cheesedique's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Dude clearly the best Sinister 6 would be this

Dr Octopus
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Kraven the Hunter
    Chameleon
    Vulture (Adrian Toomes)

His most dangerous enemies
    Switch out Quentin Beck / Mysterio for Vulture and you would have his most dangerous enemies.

Cyclone?????
    Cyclone = only used twice in Spidey EVER, both wayyy back in the seventies, thus WAYYYY too obscure

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Switch out Quentin Beck / Mysterio for Vulture and you would have his most dangerous enemies.
    Knock Kraven off too - he has his moments - but end of the day - he's just boring.

Sorry Chameleon = no power = not good in physical toe-to-toe.

Dr Octopus
    Venom (Eddie Brock)
    Sandman
    Electro
    Mysterio

I'm actually more into the idea that each of Pete's major nemeses themselves have a network of proteges, hangers-on, teammates, and what-have-yous. For example, I loved the idea of the Kraven family. Their family dynamics were really interesting - think of what J.M. DeMatteis would do with them - and they provided a really tough challenge for Peter, both physically and emotionally. And while Grim Hunt didn't achieve epic greatness as its predecessor did, it was still a pretty solid storyline with an interesting premise (and some excellent artwork). Kraven's lust for death at the hands of Spider-Man is killer motivation (pardon the pun) and I'd have loved to see him have his whole family at his every beck and call.

Similarly, I think we could say that other major Spidey villains could conceivably have similar situations. Venom has created plenty of symbiote spawn to eventually make up some (albeit likely contrived) team against 'ole Parker. Guys like Norman and Doc Ock put together teams regularly. For my money, I'd like to see the continued relationship of Osborn and Mac Gargan; seeing the Scorpion as an enforcer and stooge for Norman just made perfect sense to me. But maybe more importantly, he's got the characters around him to contribute directly to the goblin mystique: Harry, whatsherface, those lady gob-bots - heck, I'd like to maybe see the Jack O'Lanterns be given a stronger connection, not to mention my secret desire to see Normie working as Norman's psydekick as Little Guy Hobgoblin. (Whoops.)

Similarly, Doc Ock can do stuff with guys like Mysterio and the Rhino, but also has Stunner and Lady Ock and even Carlyle for more "personal" connections.

I think other top-level guys might have the ability to pull this off too. And while I see how it this might look like a case of "too much henching," I'm not talking about these guys living in the secret lair together, y'know? When the relationships are formed organically, feel believable and realistic - that's when comics are at their best, regardless of whether the relationship is between Peter and Betty or between Osborn and Gargan.

All that being said, here's my entry for the Hall - specifically, the That's Weird But Also Makes Sinister Six Sense team:

the Jackal
    Stegron
    Swarm
    Armada
    Miss Arrow
    Cobweb, of Sleepwalker fame

-Pav, who would pit Little Guy Hobgoblin against Rachel Carpenter, Mini Madame Web...
    2013: Scarlet Spider X-Men: Legacy Morbius Hawkeye X-Factor Young Avengers
    2014: Silver Surfer New Warriors Iron Fist Hawkeye Doop?!

Honestly, considering what it has happened in the last years between Venom's symbiote jumping from Eddie Brock to Mac Gargan and then to Flash Thompson, I think we can erase Venom from Spiderman's foes gallery.

Right now, I think Carnage deserves that place much more. You have to admit, between Venom and Carnage, Carnage is 1000 times worse than Venom.

Honestly, considering what it has happened in the last years between Venom's symbiote jumping from Eddie Brock to Mac Gargan and then to Flash Thompson, I think we can erase Venom from Spiderman's foes gallery.
    Nahhh, by that logic, we should have removed him from Spidey's rogues gallery back in 1994. Venom will be back on the wrong side of the tracks sooner or later.

Right now, I think Carnage deserves that place much more. You have to admit, between Venom and Carnage, Carnage is 1000 times worse than Venom.
    Nope, sorry. Any version of Venom is, to begin with, a whole lot smarter than Carnage. Bad writing is the only reason Carnage gets away with as much as he does.

After seeing the last episode of "Ultimate Spider-Man", with the animated debut of the Sinister Six, I checked some things and I just realized something funny. You see, we can gather several "Sinister Six" groups with most of his main foes; each group with a topic:

1) Sinister Six - Totems (Villains with animal powers like Spiderman):
    + Kraven the Hunter (lion).
    + The Lizard.
    + The Rhino.
    + The Vulture.
    + The Scorpion.
    + The Beetle.

+ Electro (lightning)
    + Molten Man (fire)
    + Sandman (earth)
    + Hydro-Man (water)
    + Cyclone (air)

3) Sinister Six - Big Men of Crime:
    + Kingpin
    + Hammerhead
    + Silvermane
    + Tombstone
    + The Crime Master
    + The Owl (he's usually a Daredevil's foe, but he has faced Spiderman many times too)

4) Sinister Six - Mad geniuses and "masterminds":
    + The Green Goblin
    + Dr Octopus
    + Mysterio
    + Chamaleon
    + Alystair Smythe
    + Tinkerer

5) Sinister Six - Monsters and freaks:
    + The DemoGoblin/The HobGoblin
    + The Jackal
    + Carnage
    + Vermin
    + Morbius, the Living Vampire
    + Wolf-Man (John Jameson)

Doctor Octopus. Leader role
    Vulture. Oct's second in command. Some brains plus flying powers contrast with Spidey.
    Rhino. Muscle role
    Chameleon. Stealth role
    Electro. Fighting ability. Diverse power set role.
    Tombstone. More muscle and group enforcer role.