Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Wasn't old Volthoom more magical based? Anyway, I don't mind the change though I kind of somewhat groan at the idea that the Guardians didn't even tap into the Emotional Spectrum at all but got help in doing so.... though glad that Krona got returned to his old route of being an arrogant scientist wanting to view creation instead of Mr. Reasonably-All-Emotional-Person.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Hadn't noticed the inverted colors on the flag the first time I read this issue so I had to go back and check.
    Here's the page for those who missed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Lantern 17 page 4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	109172

Now I'm really curious. When I first read the page it wasn't the flag that stuck out it was the Lantern looking like it was blue. In fact before I read the bottom panel I assume it was a Blue Lantern. I know that its not now but still. The ring on the giant hand in the screen Kronas is watching was green which is also pretty interesting.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

At first I was not really getting why control light meant controlling all reality, but I guess since the White light represents Life that it controls more aspects of life. I wonder if this is a power Kyle is capable of achieving later on.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Ok here's a crazy theory that I have. Volthoom is a blue lantern in Earth 3. Since Earth 3 is basically the evil version of this earth. Maybe in Earth 3 instead of Hope, Blue Lanterns are Despair Lanterns. It allows him to manipulate time much like how despair makes you think "If only I could have...". I dunno how he became the first lantern but I think it works. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RichNCrispy View Post
    Ok here's a crazy theory that I have. Volthoom is a blue lantern in Earth 3. Since Earth 3 is basically the evil version of this earth. Maybe in Earth 3 instead of Hope, Blue Lanterns are Despair Lanterns. It allows him to manipulate time much like how despair makes you think "If only I could have...". I dunno how he became the first lantern but I think it works. Thoughts?
    That's a good theory. It is partially supported by the events in Green Lantern New Guardians #17 when spoilers:
    Volthuun is messing with Kyle's history by showing him alternate events. Voluthuun mentions out of all the emotions he prefers to feed of despair.
    end of spoilers

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a Blue Lantern in a space suit.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    That's a good theory. It is partially supported by the events in Green Lantern New Guardians #17 when spoilers:
    Volthuun is messing with Kyle's history by showing him alternate events. Voluthuun mentions out of all the emotions he prefers to feed of despair.
    end of spoilers

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a Blue Lantern in a space suit.
    They made the first lantern out to be someone godly. I would be unimpressed if he was any other colored lantern. Already disappointed he looks to be a human.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

I loved the very last page with Sinestro's face and him saying "Please tell me you aren't the human who was supposed to rescue us." And Simon has that look on his face like "I'm not making a good first impression"