Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TheBalzan View Post
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of Jon Glapion, Greg Capullo was not happy with his work, he even stated so much on twitter a few months back when someone accused of him of slipping, with a terribly inked Damian. I believe it was issue 14
    Oh, so I take it this is what Rich Johnston was referring to about the circumstances of Glapion's replacement....

Or maybe that wasn't QUITE what Rich was referring to....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...d-by-accident/

Seems Glapion was accidentally cc'd on a DC email about replacing him with Danny Miki. O_o

Yikes. Glapion's inks over Capullo's pencils were tremendous. I've liked Miki's stuff before and think it's possible that he'll be a good fit too... and perhaps the change will be an interesting one, but... man... this series has gotten praise for its art even from critics of Snyder's writing. I just feel uncertain about it now that Glapion isn't going to be there. The pencilling/inking/color combination has been note perfect.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Miki is an ace, but it doesn't sound like they treated Glapion with much respect...

Are you guys serious? Danny inked greg on Spawn, just go to spawn.com and check out the cover art from the 90's through to 150. JG did great work but Miki is Capullo's best inker.
    Last edited by prismablue; 06-02-2013 at 02:36 PM.