Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personally, I'd never want Parker to be related to any superheroes or supervillains. Frankly, I think having all these family connections between SUperheroes and Supervillains is more of a Soap Opera element that's better left undone.

That said, if I had to pick anyone, I'd totally pick Squirrel Girl.

Just because.

(We all know she's secretly a terrible villain just witing for her chance to decmiate Marvel's heroes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Personally, I'd never want Parker to be related to any superheroes or supervillains. Frankly, I think having all these family connections between SUperheroes and Supervillains is more of a Soap Opera element that's better left undone.

That said, if I had to pick anyone, I'd totally pick Squirrel Girl.

Just because.

(We all know she's secretly a terrible villain just witing for her chance to decmiate Marvel's heroes.)
    I do agree with your statement. However, it depends on the villain and the writer's ability to make it into a compelling story. It doesn't hurt for Spider-Man to have at least one distant relative who is related to him by family bloodline that could explain a few things about his family. It has nothing to do with costume adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I do agree with your statement. However, it depends on the villain and the writer's ability to make it into a compelling story. It doesn't hurt for Spider-Man to have at least one distant relative who is related to him by family bloodline that could explain a few things about his family. It has nothing to do with costume adventures.
    See, I think it -would- hurt the character. One of the core pieces of the character is his isolation, as a result of such a small family unit. All he has left is his Aunt, and his relatives on that side of the family to which he is not even related by blood. Adding anything on top of that gives him a familial connection changes that.

I am sure a compelling story could be made of it, but I am not sure we'd *want* it to, ultimately. Isolation and alienation are key pieces of Spider-Man's make up and themes central to some of the character's mythos.

See, I think it -would- hurt the character. One of the core pieces of the character is his isolation, as a result of such a small family unit. All he has left is his Aunt, and his relatives on that side of the family to which he is not even related by blood. Adding anything on top of that gives him a familial connection changes that.

I am sure a compelling story could be made of it, but I am not sure we'd *want* it to, ultimately. Isolation and alienation are key pieces of Spider-Man's make up and themes central to some of the character's mythos.
    I agree with you completely. Also, I still fail to see what this idea would add to the character Spidey.

The Superior SpideyClone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I seriously doubt that the Demon Mephisto could ever be related to Peter in any way as he doesn't have the red skin color. Anyway, let's focus on villains/ anti-heroes who are mortal human beings and not demons, immortal gods, or extraterrestrial characters. The focus on this thread is to talk about the villains/anti-heroes who never made their debut in the pages of Spider-Man and his world like the Taskmaster.

This has nothing to do with characters that are not owned by Marvel like Spawn.
    Please. Mephisto's face can be any color it wants to be, after all the devil is the prince of lies, so alterring his appearance is a no-brainer. It's no more of a stretch, in comic terms, than a demon, Azazel, being Nightcrawler's father, even though their skin colors are different. But the real agenda is you pushing your Taskmaster is Pete's uncle agenda, while invalidating everyone else's answer, so have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    Please. Mephisto's face can be any color it wants to be, after all the devil is the prince of lies, so alterring his appearance is a no-brainer. It's no more of a stretch, in comic terms, than a demon, Azazel, being Nightcrawler's father, even though their skin colors are different. But the real agenda is you pushing your Taskmaster is Pete's uncle agenda, while invalidating everyone else's answer, so have fun with that.
    DarthFury pushing an agenda with every post? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

The same could be applied to any other character. But the problem is when you keep a character isolated in one corner, it becomes boring. The same could be said about Batman, who is basically a loner. While some people could relate to Spider-Man as a loner, the problem is that he started out as a teenager with problems like everyone else.

Sometimes adding a relative to the story would actually help the character and not take away anything from him. And Peter already has a family unit that goes beyond Aunt May who I feel should have died a long time ago. Death is part of growing up. And adding one or two anti-heroes as Peter's relative will not hurt the character as it doesn't mean that they have to be in the story all the time. And this forum is for entertainment. Nothing here would become a fact unless Marvel says otherwise. So let's focus on villains who might be related to Peter Parker, but he doesn't know.

If there is just the same old stuff that occurred in his life over the years, then all we'll see is the same recycled stories over and over without a little diversity to make it interesting.

And you are taking this matter much too seriously as the story and characters are fiction, meaning that anything can happen.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-19-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    Please. Mephisto's face can be any color it wants to be, after all the devil is the prince of lies, so altering his appearance is a no-brainer. It's no more of a stretch, in comic terms, than a demon, Azazel, being Nightcrawler's father, even though their skin colors are different. But the real agenda is you pushing your Taskmaster is Pete's uncle agenda, while invalidating everyone else's answer, so have fun with that.
    I am not pushing anything. All I was asking is what other anti-heroes do you feel could be related to Peter Parker. I gave one example. So let's see another from the fans.

How about Sebastian Shaw?

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Red Skull is really Spider-man's Father! That's why he had them killed cause they hid his child from him! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN! PLOT TWIST!