Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bungie's new game, Destiny

Bungie ViDoc of their new uncoming game Destiny. This first ViDoc shows concept art and some in-game footage.

Doesn't look that bad.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this. I'm feeling very cautious about this. What kind of play experience will actually be delivered? Will the gameplay be as crisp as we are used to even in an always online environment? Can't wait to see some gameplay.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

I really like the premise, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this. I'm feeling very cautious about this. What kind of play experience will actually be delivered? Will the gameplay be as crisp as we are used to even in an always online environment? Can't wait to see some gameplay.
    Now that I think about it, I wonder how this game will affect Call of Duty? I mean, it seems pretty clear this is going to be positioned as a FPS juggernaut, and Bungie has a whole ten year plan for the game, but what does that mean for Activision's (who are the publisher on this) own CoD? Seems they could be putting out their biggest competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Bungie ViDoc of their new uncoming game Destiny. This first ViDoc shows concept art and some in-game footage.

I'll believe it when I see it running.
    Have beer, will drink!

Well we know it's not coming out in 2013. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...coming-in-2013
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniz View Post
    Doesn't look that bad.
    Well, the video sure has some nice looking moments and the story sounds kinda interesting. It was pleasant to watch.

But in the end it's just a shooter. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Well, the video sure has some nice looking moments and the story sounds kinda interesting. It was pleasant to watch.

But in the end it's just a shooter. Pass.
    A game like Far Cry 3 could be boiled down to being "just a shooter". But that'd do it an extreme disservice.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how this game will affect Call of Duty? I mean, it seems pretty clear this is going to be positioned as a FPS juggernaut, and Bungie has a whole ten year plan for the game, but what does that mean for Activision's (who are the publisher on this) own CoD? Seems they could be putting out their biggest competition.
    This and CoD seem like very different experiences, but it's possible this will end up being more popular. After all, CoD has been going for so long now, people have to be ready for something new, right?

There is still no reason CoD fans couldn't get both though.

Activision having the two most sought after shooters (maybe) can't be a bad thing for them.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Yeah I don't see this being an issue for COD. It's a mass market game that will get swallowed up by consumers regardless of it's lack of innovation etc.

Destiny is a completely different animal. I'll be replaying the Marathon series over the next few weeks to get myself more pumped up for this!

Personally, I think that Call of Duty's better days are behind it. I'm under the impression that ActiVision is aware of this. I've seen many a nasty complaint from Call of Duty's fans on Twitter and Facebook. Fans and critics alike have expressed a lot of scathing hatred and frustrations over Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified. Call of Duty Black Ops II had the highest return/trade in rate at GameStop than has any other game franchise in this generation. With that in factor it isn't very surprising that ActiVision has entered into this deal with Bungie for their new IP Destiny. ActiVision also just signed a deal for TMNT.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    Personally, I think that Call of Duty's better days are behind it. I'm under the impression that ActiVision is aware of this. I've seen many a nasty complaint from Call of Duty's fans on Twitter and Facebook. Fans and critics alike have expressed a lot of scathing hatred and frustrations over Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified. Call of Duty Black Ops II had the highest return/trade in rate at GameStop than has any other game franchise in this generation. With that in factor it isn't very surprising that ActiVision has entered into this deal with Bungie for their new IP Destiny. ActiVision also just signed a deal for TMNT.
    Black Ops II also made a billion dollars in just over two weeks, so I'm not seeing it slowing down just yet. Although I would say the series better days are behind it since Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired.

I've only seen the commercial and have not done much digging on this game. The "ten year event" or whatever you may want to call it has caught my interest. Any details on it?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/17/399...t-look-preview

Other than what is in this article, we know that Destiny will release on PS3 and PS4 at the same time and there will be exclusive content for PS4.