View Poll Results: Who is doing the best? Who is the star? Who is not terrible?

Voters
73. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Monet St Croix

27 36.99%
  • Chamber

14 19.18%
  • Jubilee

30 41.10%
  • Penance

0 0%
  • Husk

2 2.74%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The state of Generation X - Circa 2013.

Generation X is looked on fondly be some people. Some people thought it was boring. Opinions! Here is a little look at how the cast of that book are currently doing. New Mutants got their own book, with characters graduating to the Avengers, the Defenders and the Astonishing X-Men. Are the Generation X-ers getting the respect they deserve. LEt's have a look at them.

Monet St Croix - Dying, spends all her life arguing with a troll. However, main character in a long running book.

Paige Guthrie - No longer smart, dating a janitor, shedding skin like a snake, unable to control her appearance, dropped from WatXM.

Penance - No idea, apparently somebody else lives inside her now. She was in background of failed book Avengers Academy

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Jubilee - After years of terrible New Warriors, Jubilee was failing as a vampire. Then she had phenomenal mini-series Wolverine & Jubilee, now she is billed to star as one of the top characters in Brian Wood's X-Men

Chamber - After similar obscurity with Jubilee, Chamber was reborn in AoX, and now he is infrequently appearing all over the franchise. Whilst not a starring role, he has recently been a team member in X-Men, X-Men legacy, and is still a staff member in WatXM

Mondo was never actually a member, and Synch & Skin are still dead

So really, the question is, who's doing well? Who's doing awfully? Who is the Moonstar and who is the Cypher? Who is soaring to new heights and who is a parody of a character? Discuss. They were all on the cover of ANAD X-Men #6, so that's something.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

I really love these character designs. Especially if I compare them to newer mutants.....Unfortunately they are not used more. Especially Chamber, Husk and Penance should be back and in the flashlight.

Husk fans you have my sympathy. Seeing Aaron drag her character through the mud and then drop her from the book had to have been painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    should be back and in the flashlight.
    A step above being wallpaper.

My initial thought was Monet who, thanks to her role in X-Factor, has remained non-limbo-fied the most out of all her former Gen X classmates.
    Second was Chamber, who has made a nice comeback with his roles in Legacy and the most recent arc of Adjectiveless X-Men.
    Yet, Jubilee still wins it hands down; her placement on Wood's new X-Men team cements her status as a top tier X-Man and it sounds as though the initial story of the title is going to center on her.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

I wish Penance would make a come-back! She was awesome. I hope to NEVER see Skin or Synch again.

I love me some Monet but Jubilee will be appearing in a better book. Wish Synch was back.

Moonstar: Chamber, because M has been quite insufferable lately, but hopefully things will change after Hell on Earth.
    Cypher: Husk. She's even worse than Cypher now. So embarassing.

I don't care for the rest.
    [x]

BANNED

Husk really was given a raw deal. Is her twitter even active still?

Disagree, Toad couldn't be more lubricated.

The Husk/Toad plotline needs to be expanded upon and/or resolved. Right now I feel like Aaron's not especially interested in them and they could end up dangling in quasi-limbo for a long while. Which, in some respects, is a fate worse than that done to Synch and Skin...
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

Monet is the Cypher. She's just unbearable. Jubilee is the Wolfsbane, poised for success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Monet is the Cypher. She's just unbearable. Jubilee is the Wolfsbane, poised for success.
    Now that she's a Vampire she could eat her father too! (Wolverine)

BANNED

When Synch returns, he can be the black Cypher, i.e. Prodigy.