Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    I'm very curious what "game" Strife is onto. Something about the Firstborn, or something about War wanting to pick a fight with Wonder Woman? Or both?
    I think that Strife is partially enslaved to her own nature the same way War is, where ever they go strife and war inevitably follow them.

Like every time Strife has appeared, a fight of some kind has eventually broken out, quite often with her. (It would explain why she wasn't, as far as I remember, present at the pool party Apollo threw for the children of Zeus, because he knew she'd stir something up he didn't want.)
    War, when he is not focusing on something (like training Diana), appears to only wander from one war-zone to another (and having long ago gotten bored with it).

But I agree, I think this is the first time I've noticed Diana being as headstrong and impulsive as Azzarello said she would be, and now has consequences to deal with because of it. And it was kinda nice to see she for once didn't jump in with both feet first.

...and Diana's introduction to her former honorary Amazon sister Supergirl.
    Served with the traditional superhero knuckle-sandwich-delux :)
    Last edited by Outside_85; 02-17-2013 at 12:04 PM.

- Wow, Orion is huge isnt he?
    - Art is better than Atkuns' usual standards.
    - Story seems to finally be going somewhere.

So when Diana works out the conversation does she do impressions of Zola and Hera's voices?

Looking good. Though Diana is still Akins weakest point. You'd think after drawing her for a few issue she'd get better at it. Still, everyone else looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    - Art is better than Atkuns' usual standards.
    You know, I think the colors help alot. Atkins always had the "dreary" issues, the one with the rainy London and the Underworld. With brighter lights and colors, his less realistic cartoony style is really enhanced.

Diana's actions towards Lennox is kind from a jerk, but that's the point. It's ok to act like that sometimes, mainly when the character has reasons (even if they are wrong). She's becoming like a real person more and more.

About the Amazon thing, that's part of the dilemma.

I'm looking forward to see Pinna's art. I've already saw some of his work for brazilian comics.

Here is his deviantart
    http://amilcar-pinna.deviantart.com/

Let's see if he did the art at his own style or tried to get closer to Akins'/Chiang's.
    Last edited by Don-Jack; 02-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Question.

In her back and forth outside the hotelnroom, Diana seems to indicate that infant killing is NOT uncommon for her (Diana) because she is an Amazon.

Is that how others read it? It was a little hard to follow.

Is it ridiculous to hope she used the lasso to check Orions story?
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-17-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Question.

In her back and forth outside the hotelnroom, Diana seems to indicate that infant killing is NOT uncommon for her (Diana) because she is an Amazon.

I think she assumes that the killing of infants did happen, but in truth, we dont know when Hepheastus showed up, he could have been there at the first time? And secondly she is perhaps trying to paint her own people as, well, Girl-Spartans (which Zola should have an easier time understanding purely because she'd know more about that culture than the Amazons').

That said I am not entirely thrilled either over her possibly contemplating killing this kid. (Couldn't Orion potentially have his targets mixed up and is actually after the Firstborn?)

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1
    As naive as it may sound, I don't think Diana is so cynical/batman that she automatically mistrusts someone new to the degree that she needs to interrogate them.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 02-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I think she assumes that the killing of infants did happen. And secondly she is perhaps trying to paint her own people as, well, Girl-Spartans (which Zola should have an easier time understanding purely because she'd know more about that culture than the Amazons').
    That's where I went, too. Though not the Spartans thing. Most folks don't, unless the saw 300 a few years back.

As naive as it may sound, I don't think Diana is so cynical/batman that she automatically mistrusts someone new to the degree that she needs to interrogate them.
    I don't think it's being cynical if you have just been told you may have to kill a baby.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

I do not wish to offend anyone, but I am curious why people call Tony Akins Atkins. Obviously it does not really involve me one way or another, but it seems that the artist is consistently called Atkins on message boards, on podcasts, etc.

Is it a new nickname? Or do people actually see a nonexistent "t" in between the "A" and the "k". Maybe it is another case of the dastardly Auto Correct in action. I type all of this with a slightly humorous tone, because it tickles me pink to see Akins' name switched with the creator of a diet.

Feel free to point out my own grammatical and spelling errors.

Back to the preview... When War and Strife were chatting with one another while Diana was preparing to marry Hades, chaos and destruction happened around them. Should those two really be in the same room?

To me, it's uncommon for her, but she still feels she is an Amazon, and that shouldn't be uncommon for one. It's just a dilemma, as I said. And could lead to the question: would she kill/let the child be killed if it's completely necessary? I really doubt she would do that, but it's most likely that this question will be raised on the book.
    One good thing is that the matter about the raids was mentioned again. That didn't happen since the revelation.
    Last edited by Don-Jack; 02-17-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    Diana's actions towards Lennox is kind from a jerk, but that's the point. It's ok to act like that sometimes, mainly when the character has reasons (even if they are wrong). She's becoming like a real person more and more.

About the Amazon thing, that's part of the dilemma.

I'm looking forward to see Pinna's art. I've already saw some of his work for brazilian comics.

Here is his deviantart
    http://amilcar-pinna.deviantart.com/

Let's see if he did the art at his own style or tried to get closer to Akins'/Chiang's.
    Thanks for link Don-Jack, Pinna's stuff looks really good. Although I'm kind of annoyed that Akins had a two month break and still needed a fill-in artist.

On another note, Zola took a knife from the bar and hid it up her sleeve. Who is she planning on stabbing? Safe money is on Hera.

Veteran Member

Question.

She's playing out the conversation she expects to have with Hera (as well as Zola). She expects Hera to say to go ahead and kill the bastard, to which she imagines replying that Hera, as an infant-killer, naturally would think that way. But she realizes that she as an Amazons might be on thin ice in making that argument, as there is some reason to suspect that her own people may have been willing to kill infants. Regardless of that particular thin ice, though, I think she's imagining herself as basically on the anti-infanticide end of this argument, just as she seemed to be last issue when talking to Milan. Right now, they're just trying to find the kid and get to the truth of the matter; figuring out what to do about it will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy883
    I do not wish to offend anyone, but I am curious why people call Tony Akins Atkins.
    Atkins is a pretty common name, and we can all be forgetful sometimes.:)
    Last edited by slvn; 02-17-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Maybe Zola picked the knife because she is afraid of Ares after what Dio said.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Atkins is a pretty common name, and we can all be forgetful sometimes.:)
    Understood! :)

You will never see me use a smilie again, so treasure this moment slvn!

BANNED

That's where I went, too. Though not the Spartans thing. Most folks don't, unless the saw 300 a few years back.
    Well I assume that purely because all the Spartan-hype that came out of 300 was a pretty decent pop-cultural hit, and Zola at least appearing to be a 20-something might have seen it or it's in-DC equal.

I don't think it's being cynical if you have just been told you may have to kill a baby.
    Perhaps, but so far...have we actually seen Diana openly question any of the information she is given?

Like:
    She admitted she didn't want to be related to Strife, but Hippolyta shows up and confirms it and that's not questioned.
    She doesn't question Hepheastus whenever he was telling the truth or not, she throws him through a wall for 'enslaving' her brothers.