Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ower View Post
    it would if sells were craptacular. I asked my dude yesterday how the sells were as I was picking up my stuff and he just kind of said, Meh.. they didn't order a lot of the first issue but it did sell out.. which is pretty much a given but I guess it's been dropping since. Now perhaps this isn't the same all over but as I've said many time.. I like to give new series a good 5-10 issues to hook me and well, so far it's not. The whole Obi wan ghost parker is just silly and I really don't think Ock is that great of a character to support his own series, even if he is riding the coattails of spider-man and it's his "redemption".

I'm going to guess in the end parks is gonna be back and Ock will end up as new anti-villian.. he's seen the light.. and wants to redeem himself and carry on his new crime fighting ways.. *snore*.
    There is a sales thread if you want to talk about that.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...les-Megathread

There's really no indication sales were craptacular. And a dropoff from the first issue to the second is the norm.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Speculation based solely on one cover image of Spider-Man's brain, Ock figure's out Peter is still 'in there', and they have some 'final conflict' over control. Due to steady sales of the Spock era, Ock wins and Parker moves into the Living Brain. Living Parker Brain spends his summer trying to convince people like Reed Richards and Tony Stark and Doc Strange who he is.
    Eventually, a couple of years down the road, when everyone loves Spock, either Parker or Ock move into a clone, as teased by the Jackal appearing in Avenging recently. Parker becomes Spider-Man again, and Spock moves to Portland, OR, to serve as a anti-hero, a la Venom: Lethal Protector. Fans are furious because Ock has been established as the one, true Spider-Man.
    Last edited by saucemaster; 02-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Honestly, I think it'd be a stroke of genius to return Peter to his body sooner rather than later. This new direction is interesting, but I just can't see it not getting old eventually.

I'm worried this new direction will do the same after a while. How long can Slott dangle the carrot before it gets boring?
    I can't imagine they would squander a story line after nine issues. Whether or not people prefer Ock or Parker, they have stories to tell. At this point Parker is the one 'getting old'; either get control of your body or get lost, Parker! His nagging of Ock is becoming more annoying than if Ock's superior attitude.

My guess is that the 'Superior No More!' refers to Ock not being so awesome at being Spider-Man, after all, rather than Parker returning to the body. Ock loses his jobs at the Avengers and Horizon labs, and can't afford to back for those thousand Spider-bots. Then Cannonball and Sunspot beat him up, 'not so superior now!'
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Speculation based solely on one cover image of Spider-Man's brain, Ock figure's out Peter is still 'in there', and they have some 'final conflict' over control. Due to steady sales of the Spock era, Ock wins and Parker moves into the Living Brain. Living Parker Brain spends his summer trying to convince people like Reed Richards and Tony Stark and Doc Strange who he is.
    Eventually, a couple of years down the road, when everyone loves Spock, either Parker or Ock move into a clone, as teased by the Jackal appearing in Avenging recently. Parker becomes Spider-Man again, and Spock moves to Portland, OR, to serve as a anti-hero, a la Venom: Lethal Protector. Fans are furious because Ock has been established as the one, true Spider-Man.
    I think fans will be furious almost either way. And that's how the Spidey office market their books.

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Considering the solicit for #10 says that Spider-Man is "nowhere to be found" while Norman Osborn is out and about, it sounds like that the outcome of the mental battle for control between Ock and Peter will have had negative consequences for both their psyches. My speculation is that said consequences have left neither psyche dominant of Peter's body but instead created some amalgamation of the two that may well be worse than either of them alone, a Peter/Ock version of Onslaught. Of course, that's what I'd be going for if I want things to get even worse for Spider-Man before they get better, as seems to be Marvel's M.O. when it comes to the web-slinger, and I think it'd have some solid dramatic potential if Marvel went that route.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

I honestly don't know how they could possibly surprise us. But we'll see.

Bring Peter back I'm already sick of Ock and everyone being so oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Bring Peter back I'm already sick of Ock and everyone being so oblivious.
    I don't think you were ever going to *not* be sick of Ock. xD

No I'm quite certain I'm quite sick of the guy not to mention the constant hitting on the women like all of sudden he thinks he's a sex god.

No I'm quite certain I'm quite sick of the guy not to mention the constant hitting on the women like all of sudden he thinks he's a sex god.
    After his failures in issue #2, the words 'Otto' and 'Sex-God', make me laugh too much to see straight.

I think he was agreeing with you.

Afterall, he said, "I DON'T think you were EVER going to *NOT* be sick of Ock. xD" (Double negative there)

--Wolfie
    "Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!"
    http://www.projektmuse.com/
    Wolfie's Portfolio site:
    www.wolfies-den.com

Quote Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
    I think he was agreeing with you.

Afterall, he said, "I DON'T think you were EVER going to *NOT* be sick of Ock. xD" (Double negative there)

--Wolfie
    Grammar correction. The last refuge of... of... I got nothin'.

I'm going to reserve judgment on this, til' it happens. So far - Slott, Yost, & the likes have not delivered a let down. And while I wish Ghost Pete wouldn't have showed for another 40 issues...or 140...and that whatever is happening in issue 9 would have waiting for another 5 or so, physical years...but there have been enough solid stories b/w Superior and Avenging (and DD, I guess) - where I'm gonna let it ride, objectively as I can.

I've not been disappointed, thus far.

where/when was the ghost machine mentioned?

I'm not sure how people can want Spock to last so long, I'm already growing tired of the idea after only 3 issues. If they tease Pete coming back just to have Ock win over again, I'll probably take Spidey off my pull list altogether. I just don't see how this mind swap idea can play out for the long run, by long run I mean at least 2 years or so. I want some new stuff with Spock, not just the whole "Spidey acting like a methodical douche" which to me will get old quick.
    Favorite Titles: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor:God of Thunder, Batman, Superman Unchained, Green Lantern