Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4499
  1. #16
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I know Remender says the Neal Adams look is iconic, but it's still not doing it for me.
    It IS iconic. It's one of the best costumes IMO. But this version of it isn't doing anything for me.

    And to keep up with the appreciation of the thread I became a big fan of the book with the third issue. The first issue didn't really do anything for me. And I love Remender. The second issue was like, "Agh! Allllllmooooost there." And boom, the third just felt like Remender and Cassaday hit their stride from the writing to the art. I'm jonsing for the next issue.
    IKR? This book gets better with every issue!

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Costume aside, I am glad they're giving him a shot at leading a team. He's one of those X-Men that sort of got short changed the last few years, as so much attention went to just cyclops. It's nice seeing a few other guys rise in his absence.
    It looks like he's going to get a lot of development here, and work through his inferiority complex. It'll be interesting to see if he gets to keep those developments.

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I cant wait till we see this team in the book.. Completely badass team right there.
    Last edited by Clark_Krunk; 02-17-2013 at 02:41 AM.

  3. #18
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    It IS iconic. It's one of the best costumes IMO. But this version of it isn't doing anything for me.


    IKR? This book gets better with every issue!


    It looks like he's going to get a lot of development here, and work through his inferiority complex. It'll be interesting to see if he gets to keep those developments.
    Yeah, for Alex this does seem to be a real good growth opportunity for him. He's always been in his brothers shadow. And now he's leading an Avengers team with Captain America... a guy that aguably leaves the biggest shadow on comics. So I think he'll have to work a bit to solidify his role as leader... but that's why you pick a guy like him to lead the team. There's more of a story there than say with Storm, who likely would pick up the role without any difficulty or conflict at all. With Alex, there's more of a character journey. Plus this is really his only book, so this is where you can REALLY develop the character.

    The other thing I really like about this book, is that there have always been a lot of X-Men foes that I sort of wish we could see the Avengers face off with. Apocalyse being at the top of that list. Yeah, the Avengers have briefly crossed paths with him in one manner or another, but they've never had a real story with him. Now you can kind of mix up some of the X-foes with the Avengers, which is cool. And vice versa. You get to see X-Men fighting Avenger foes and Avengers figthing X-Men foes, so you end up with rare or never before seen conflicts. To me that sounds really fun.

  4. #19
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,531

    Default

    Cassaday really killed the hype
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  5. #20
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Cassaday really killed the hype
    I do think he unfortunately did kill some of the momentum for the book.

    Though I don't think the delays were as bad as some people made them out to be (if they can get one out this month it'll be 4 books in 5 months), but nonetheless a lot of the focus is more on that than the actual book. And that's a shame, because I do think it's a very fun book.

    Hopefully once they catch up a bit and get a different artist, all that will be forgotten about.

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    I like how Rogue is an Avenger now. Makes me feel giddy.

  7. #22
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I like how Rogue is an Avenger now. Makes me feel giddy.
    And it's weirdly fitting, since her first appearance was actually in an Avengers book.

  8. #23
    Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think he unfortunately did kill some of the momentum for the book.

    Though I don't think the delays were as bad as some people made them out to be (if they can get one out this month it'll be 4 books in 5 months), but nonetheless a lot of the focus is more on that than the actual book. And that's a shame, because I do think it's a very fun book.

    Hopefully once they catch up a bit and get a different artist, all that will be forgotten about.
    I have said as well it has been annoying the delays, but has not killed the book.

    Even when the book seemed on-time it had many detractors on the forum's, mostly cause of the post AvX divides that sprang up. But I feel, espcially since #3 came out the book has gain a new momentum that makes it go beyond the date it comes out. It is a high quality book that delivers very well.

    I has defined to me something that is worth the wait and it is really not that long a wait anymore, it is getting back on track.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

    Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84


    http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

  9. #24
    Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,536

    Default

    Speaking of Alex and Costumes, I am Hoping that Janet makes herself a new costume as well. I like the one she has had but she has always changed her look after a certain amount of time and now with her back I think now would be a good time as well. She has a good fashion sense and could help out with other members as well.

    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

    Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84


    http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    553

    Default

    What's to appreciate? Book hasn't been good AND it's been delayed as all get out. I'm excited to see Cassaday leave because that'll solve both of the major issues: the poor art and the delays, and for Daniel Acuña no less. I would read a book about the wonders of integers if Acuña was drawing it.

    I'm also hopeful that Wasp will give me the beloved character I desperately need to anchor the book. Can't wait for her. Also looking forward to Sunfire, as weird as that is to seriously type, because I think most of this cast could do with a complete asshole saying awful things to them. They can all bond over their mutual dislike of Sunfire, thereby making him one of the most important contributors to mutant-human relations in history.

  11. #26
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Speaking of Alex and Costumes, I am Hoping that Janet makes herself a new costume as well. I like the one she has had but she has always changed her look after a certain amount of time and now with her back I think now would be a good time as well. She has a good fashion sense and could help out with other members as well.

    I'm hoping that Jan tries to put on the same fashion show she gave Luke Cage and Wonderman, to get them to wear her outfits.

  12. #27
    Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm hoping that Jan tries to put on the same fashion show she gave Luke Cage and Wonderman, to get them to wear her outfits.
    In Remender's Article about Janet, he did say she is going to be working on a pro-mutant like of fashion. So maybe something of her's or other members costumes will come out of that.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

    Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84


    http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

  13. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Havok's Neal Adams costume really is a classic, but just about every other iteration of it has been extremely poor. I mean Havok's Goblyn Prince costume was the next best version of the original and that was nothing but strategically placed cloth. I don't have any scans, but I really liked John J. Muth's version of the Adam's costume both with and without the cowl.

    Anyways, the x-men really lucked out when they had Adams and Cockrum back-to-back designing costumes.

  14. #29
    Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    8,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Havok's Neal Adams costume really is a classic, but just about every other iteration of it has been extremely poor. I mean Havok's Goblyn Prince costume was the next best version of the original and that was nothing but strategically placed cloth. I don't have any scans, but I really liked John J. Muth's version of the Adam's costume both with and without the cowl.

    Anyways, the x-men really lucked out when they had Adams and Cockrum back-to-back designing costumes.
    Do you have any pics of those costumes to put up so to compare to see which one might be better for him my friend?
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

    Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84


    http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

  15. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Do you have any pics of those costumes to put up so to compare to see which one might be better for him my friend?
    I don't have a scanner available so no, but you could always use google to search for some pics.

    Also this:

    http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/...uto=62&page=10

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •