Default About Ian Zola (Rogers?)

So... Ian.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	captain_america_2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	108708

In the latest preview of captain america Steve mentions that in spite of all thats happened he's glad about at least one thing, he has the privilege of meeting his son.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=15267

Which made me wonder something, is Ian going to last? Is Steve really going to have an adopted kid from another dimension on a permanent basis?

Or is he worm food by arcs end? or otherwise leaving his side to be adopted by somebody else? or maybe left to fend off the dimension as steve leaves? (I think that'd be the biggest cop out)

Steve seems quite attached to him, apparently going so far as to name him after his grandfather. I wanted an outside opinion on this, because steve the dad has merit, but is it worth it to be permanent fixture?

another question, if Ian's getting older does that mean steve will too once he leaves?
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

I've tried to reply to this a few times now, and each reply I come up with makes me feel like a puppy kicking asshat.

I don't hate Ian. I just really don't wish to see him follow Steve out of Dimension Z. I don't think we're in any danger of that though, so I feel that ranting about it is a bit of overkill.

If he ends up staying behind as Steve's avatar or whatever, defending the realm, great! I don't wish him dead so much as 'not around' when Steve gets back to the real world.

For the time being, he serves a purpose. It'd be harder to convey Steve's fatigue in Dimension Z without his having the sprog to look out for.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Maybe they'll do something that ages him up enough that he can go off and become a hero in his own right or something, so he'll still be around, but not as a kid who needs to be taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Maybe they'll do something that ages him up enough that he can go off and become a hero in his own right or something, so he'll still be around, but not as a kid who needs to be taken care of.
    thats the most probable option.

But he doesn't seem old enough for that by what appears to be a penultimate issue 7 cover.

I'm honestly thinking cap is taking home a stray as it were. Like some awkward moment is imminent with him and Sharon that was set up in #1. Maybe she'll rethink marriage over something like that, because she doesn't want a child. she's already lost one to the life she leads, it would make sense that she wouldn't try again.

(did she ever tell Steve about that?)
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Dumb. But at least Remender's making up his own characters instead of ruining existing ones.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!