Thread: The Number 42

Default The Number 42

I was re-reading Ultimate Origins today. We know the Spider that bit Miles was number 42. In Ultimate Origins, Nick Fury is test subject 41 for the Super Solider Serum.

Connection?
    Last edited by DimitriKalashnikov; 02-15-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Elder Member

EDIT: I think you might be on to something.
    Last edited by wyokid; 02-16-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimitriKalashnikov View Post
    I was re-reading Ultimate Origins today. We know the Spider that bit Miles was number 42. In Ultimate Origins, Nick Fury is test subject 41 for the Super Solider Serum.

Connection?
    Do we know any other numbers? Does that mean Cap is 1? Hulk every have a number? I'm sure we can come up with some more numbers.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Seriously, guys? Let's leave personal insults out of this. I deleted all but two responses for being both insulting and off topic. Keep things civil, please.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I'm pretty sure the number 42 was also on the ball that got Miles into that school

I doubt there's a connection. Peter was 00, and it was sort of a running gag with him joining basketball with that same number, and Miles being both bitten by the 42 spider and having won the school lottery with the number 42 ball are all just running gags similar to the Peter 00 one. If there's a deeper meaning and some hidden connection, then the writers are being extremely secretive about it and 13 years without any hard evidence or outright relevance is overdoing it
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I asked about the number in a Bendis Q&A a while back and he said it was just a gag kind of thing. It's a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.