Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 177
  1. #46
    Da?!?!?! bobbyraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    why the hell not? he's probably the most experienced of the crew and cyclops is always letting his emotions speak for him to the point where he just quits if something happens to jean
    Cyclops' problem was that he DIDNT let out his emotions - he repressed them so that they didnt interfere with leading the team. Remember the story just after jean got the phoenix and magneto collapsed a volcano on them in the antarctic? Scott was walking around the savage land thinking "Jeans dead, but I just cant seem to give a fuck. Whats wrong with me? Anyway, thats not important now, I have to lead everyoneoutof here"

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    Jean never gave him the time of day and Betsy only did because Remender wanted to give Fantomex a boost and basically flipped a switch for her attitude towards him, here's hoping that bad memory will be gone quickly.
    Jean loved that ass pinch.

  3. #48

    Default

    i dont mind when characters change to adapt to viral marketing (movies etc) or adapt to attract more popularity, as long as it MAKES SENSE.

    when cyclops, the guy trained as a child soldier that never realy had the luxury of a pre-teen life, becomes a paramilitary antihero, it MAKES SENSE.

    when wolverine, who, like all of us oldschoolers know , had NO natural claws, "suddenly" gets retconed to have natural claws, and instead of his berserker rages he now becomes a... headmaster, then NO, this doesnt make sense. when he is suddenly drawn taller (dafaq?) it doesnt make sense.

    when psylocke "forgets" how to become invisible, because the writer is too bored to take into account that capability of hers, NO, it doesnt make sense.

    imho if they want to present the comic to larger audiences they should be better prepared, so that less misconceptions would happen due to adaptations.

  4. #49
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warspite View Post
    i dont mind when characters change to adapt to viral marketing (movies etc) or adapt to attract more popularity, as long as it MAKES SENSE.

    when cyclops, the guy trained as a child soldier that never realy had the luxury of a pre-teen life, becomes a paramilitary antihero, it MAKES SENSE.

    when wolverine, who, like all of us oldschoolers know , had NO natural claws, "suddenly" gets retconed to have natural claws, and instead of his berserker rages he now becomes a... headmaster, then NO, this doesnt make sense. when he is suddenly drawn taller (dafaq?) it doesnt make sense.

    when psylocke "forgets" how to become invisible, because the writer is too bored to take into account that capability of hers, NO, it doesnt make sense.

    imho if they want to present the comic to larger audiences they should be better prepared, so that less misconceptions would happen due to adaptations.
    Agreed with everything except the bone claws. That retcon made sense to me. They're trying to make Wolverine less of a bullrushing hothead. I think it is a mistake myself. His brand works in certain situations, that's why he leads X-Force because that's what he's good at. His writers seem to want him to be Cyclops instead of embracing what makes him THE fan favorite X-Man.

  5. #50

    Default

    THEY'RE NOT LASERS!!! ROGUE, NOT ROUGE!!!

    Also, I tend to get annoyed by the casual fan's view of the Cyclops/Wolverine relationship. That early antipathy between them has been told and retold by all the remakes of the X-Men. As a result a casual fan of the cartoon or the movies is likely to only see them as bitter rivals.That annoys me because the two characters actually got along just fine for about 30 years between Proteus-Saga and the Schism.

  6. #51
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    The only misunderstanding people had from the movies that I had wished I could correct was corrected pretty well in the First Class movie. That was the absolute power of Xavier and the damage he could do if he didn't have such restraint.

  7. #52
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    I'm talking about the people who only saw the cartoons, or who only saw the movies AND THEN (this is the key part) think their opinion on an aspect of the x-men franchise is worth as much as yours when they know you are hardcore into it and they just casually know a little about the characters
    Get used to it, Marvel's only interested in pandering to the "casual crowd" nowadays. Look at all the movie stuff they shoe horn into the 616, or how they "streamlined" the Phoenix Force in AvX so it's not so complicated for new readers.

    These peoples' opinions are worth more than your outdated "hardcore" beliefs, deal with it.

  8. #53

    Default

    The xmen are my favorite group of alien super heroes, but some stuff confuses me

    1 When spiderman joined the xmen why did he have blue fur and why did they call him beast?

    2. How far can professor x see into the future, why wasn't he able to stop magneto from killing his father with the magno ray?

    3. If wolverine bit someone would they become a wolverine, or does it have to come from a real wolverine?

    4. Is silverflash faster than superman?

    5. What does John Deadpool have to do with the xmen?

  9. #54
    Hard-Headed Ingonyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alphaflightfan69er View Post
    The xmen are my favorite group of alien super heroes, but some stuff confuses me

    1 When spiderman joined the xmen why did he have blue fur and why did they call him beast?

    2. How far can professor x see into the future, why wasn't he able to stop magneto from killing his father with the magno ray?

    3. If wolverine bit someone would they become a wolverine, or does it have to come from a real wolverine?

    4. Is silverflash faster than superman?

    5. What does John Deadpool have to do with the xmen?
    XPOTM.

    <10char
    'Yama

    My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

  10. #55

    Default

    The misconceptions drive me beyond crazy, I find it hard to sleep at night knowing that people might think that Elizabeth is spelled with an 's'.

  11. #56
    Hard-Headed Ingonyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    The misconceptions drive me beyond crazy, I find it hard to sleep at night knowing that people might think that Elizabeth is spelled with an 's'.
    Well, "Elisabeth" is a common British spelling of the name, and writers have spelled it both ways, so you can't really blame the fans for that one.

    Personally, I prefer when her name is spelled with an 's' myself.
    'Yama

    My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Personally, I prefer when her name is spelled with an 's' myself.
    Well...now I won't be able to catch a good night sleep, thanks Ingonyama...


  13. #58
    Psychic Sniper Psyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    Well, "Elisabeth" is a common British spelling of the name, and writers have spelled it both ways, so you can't really blame the fans for that one.

    Personally, I prefer when her name is spelled with an 's' myself.
    I agree with all of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Well...now I won't be able to catch a good night sleep, thanks Ingonyama...

    LOL.

  14. #59
    Phrasing AgentFelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alphaflightfan69er View Post
    The xmen are my favorite group of alien super heroes, but some stuff confuses me

    1 When spiderman joined the xmen why did he have blue fur and why did they call him beast?

    2. How far can professor x see into the future, why wasn't he able to stop magneto from killing his father with the magno ray?

    3. If wolverine bit someone would they become a wolverine, or does it have to come from a real wolverine?

    4. Is silverflash faster than superman?

    5. What does John Deadpool have to do with the xmen?
    XPOTM

    *standing ovation*

  15. #60
    Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    it's better from the blank stares i get from my friends. i come from true geek stock. LAN parties and such in high school back in 2001. star wars debates, warcraft, starcraft the whole bit. and out of my whole friend group i was the only comic nerd. to read all of this good and bad material, to go through the highs and the lows and to have no one to share it with? i feel like the bro in twilight zone with all the books and no glasses. you should all feel sorry for my wife who hears tons of shit she will never care about.
    Welcome to my world. If it wasn't for CBR, Tumblr, and Twitter, I'd go mad.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

    PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •