Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodreads.com

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

Default Goodreads.com

so found this site Goodreads.com and i became a member, it's like facebook for book lovers

and here's my profile, i go by The Shadow.

so if you are a member friend me if you're not join up and friend me.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

dat goodreads

Goodreads i use most often these days, more than this forum. I use it instead of Facebook really since its for book lovers like me. I rather talk to people about books than read what they are eating.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Veteran Member

I'm on there somewhere but haven't signed in for a year or two. I think I started to dislike the whole 5-star rating system, but I suppose you don't have to rate anything if you don't want to. I wonder if you can erase the ratings you've already posted. I never pursued the social part of it or posted any comments or anything. Perhaps I'll give it another try sometime, if I can remember my username and password. It would at least be a good way to keep track of what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    I'm on there somewhere but haven't signed in for a year or two. I think I started to dislike the whole 5-star rating system, but I suppose you don't have to rate anything if you don't want to. I wonder if you can erase the ratings you've already posted. I never pursued the social part of it or posted any comments or anything. Perhaps I'll give it another try sometime, if I can remember my username and password. It would at least be a good way to keep track of what I've read.
    You can erase or change your old ratings. I have changed books i rated highly emotionally before i had grown critically enough to rate the books. We change over time when its about the quality we expect from books and i use GR to change ratings for the books. Also 5 stars rating isnt all important to me. Its just to remember the books, authors i like and the ones i dont like. A 5 stars book by Lord Dunsany, Homer is more 5 stars book than a great,fun book that isnt as literary,word by word brilliant.

Im friends with Karl O'Niell there in Goodreads and the social part,comments part is you see what other interesting readers are reading. People who like the same books who you can trust. I have many friends like that who have lead me to great,weird authors i wouldnt find otherwise.

Also its just fun way to keep track of what you are reading. Im an avid reader that must read certain authors and many books in a year. I keep track of my drive to read books from all around the world. Let me know if you use GR and can remember your account.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1842155-mohammed
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

I got there via the Sword and Laser book club and like it because it makes it easy to track of what I've read and when I read it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    You can erase or change your old ratings. I have changed books i rated highly emotionally before i had grown critically enough to rate the books. We change over time when its about the quality we expect from books and i use GR to change ratings for the books. Also 5 stars rating isnt all important to me. Its just to remember the books, authors i like and the ones i dont like. A 5 stars book by Lord Dunsany, Homer is more 5 stars book than a great,fun book that isnt as literary,word by word brilliant.

Im friends with Karl O'Niell there in Goodreads and the social part,comments part is you see what other interesting readers are reading. People who like the same books who you can trust. I have many friends like that who have lead me to great,weird authors i wouldnt find otherwise.

Also its just fun way to keep track of what you are reading. Im an avid reader that must read certain authors and many books in a year. I keep track of my drive to read books from all around the world. Let me know if you use GR and can remember your account.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1842155-mohammed
    Thanks, Libaax, I will do that.

I keep up a list of my books there, but don't generally get social (though I did join the Sword & Laser and Vaginal Fantasy book clubs).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I've just updated my account after a long hiatus. I'm Twil on there too, friend me so I can nose around your book lists.
    Last edited by Twil; 02-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Stand high long enough and your lightning will come

Oh, yeah: names. I'm dupersuper there to. Why mess with what works?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I enjoy goodreads. I joined back in '09 and I used to be more active chatting and what not. Now I mainly use to keep up with what books I would like to read.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2338854-william

Anyone ever come across a convenient way to sign out of Goodreads? I can't see a signout function.

Amazon.com used to have one, but they too eliminated it or hid it in some arcane fashion. I dunno if they think hiding the signout will make people stick around longer or what.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gothos View Post
    Anyone ever come across a convenient way to sign out of Goodreads? I can't see a signout function.

Amazon.com used to have one, but they too eliminated it or hid it in some arcane fashion. I dunno if they think hiding the signout will make people stick around longer or what.
    I get signed out by the site about once a week on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothos View Post

Arrow beside User Icon in top right corner. Click the arrow and a list of options that includes "Sign Out" will pop up.