Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 185
  1. #91
    registered meethraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mostly here.
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Because you are disservicing the argument by using faulty logic to support same sex equality.
    Where is the fault in my logic?

    According to the UN, marriage is an universal human right. Gay people are human beings in the universe. Gay people should have the right to marry.
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

    Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

  2. #92
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Thats the point, that hasn't happen yet. Not a single country on the Security Council (basically the heads of the UN) has universal same sex marriage legalization. In fact, the United States is the most progressive on that issue with only 9/50 states having legalized same sex marriage. So yeah the source sucks.
    I think the French are about to pass same sex marriage and adoption rights.

    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...riage-20130213

    April 2 is the date for the Senate vote, which looks like it will pass.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

  3. #93
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I think the French are about to pass same sex marriage and adoption rights.

    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...riage-20130213

    April 2 is the date for the Senate vote, which looks like it will pass.
    Yeah I knew that. I was really surpised that they hadn't yet. Gonna be a big day

  4. #94
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meethraa View Post
    Where is the fault in my logic?

    According to the UN, marriage is an universal human right. Gay people are human beings in the universe. Gay people should have the right to marry.
    They do have right to marry. Just not to people of the same sex. So their right to marry has not been denied.

  5. #95
    Spank My Booty! lovelikewinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vend-el View Post
    They do have right to marry. Just not to people of the same sex. So their right to marry has not been denied.
    Everytime someone brings that idiotic quote out, I want to punch a kitten. It means less than nothing. The issue is gays want to marry who they LOVE. If you like guys and gay sex, marrying a woman would suck. Vice versa.
    Upon his lips the taste of pain
    venom kiss of love insane
    he's got a rod beneath his coat
    he's gonna ram right down your throat
    make your grovel on the floor
    spit up and scream and beg for more

  6. #96
    Spank My Booty! lovelikewinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vend-el View Post
    my opinion is not going to be popular, however, I will say that it bothers me that people are comparing this issue to racism and bigotry. It's a totally separate issue. First marriage is a PRIVILAGE not a right. Just like driving. ANYONE can be denied a driver liscense as long as within the law. Most states have voted AGAINST gay marriage. Homosexuality it's self is a choice. A persons desires maybe inborn or developed but it's up to the individual to act out those desires. Card has never (to my knowledge) said he hates gay people. He has simple said he disagrees with their choices and feels that those choices should not be rewarded. If you think he's wrong so be it, but stop saying that he's a bigot and is spreading hate. You can like and even love someone and strongly disagree with their choices. I'm pretty sure none of us knows him personally, so we should stop judging him. In judging him as a person it makes us the very monsters we are making him out to be.
    Card is on the board of directors of a group that does nothing but attack the homosexual population and gay rights. Also he wrote some pretty nasty things about the gay community, calling us pedophiles and the destruction of civilization. So he may delude himself by saying he doesn't hate gay people, but he does.

    Remember when most states voted against equality? Rights are not meant to be voted on, they are to be protected from the idiots. You talk about those "choices" being rewarded. I never realized that wanting equality was a reward. Huh.

    Homosexuality is a choice is bullshit. I didn't wake up one day and decide that I like men. It was in me. Yes I could have denied those feelings, but it would have been wrong. You can't pray the gay away. To do so is to do emotional harm to yourself that may never be healed. How many ex-gays kill themselves or end up in a bad way?

    Sad how so many comics fans are homophobic. Considering how many of you were probably bullied in some other way, you think there would be more understanding. Guess not.
    Upon his lips the taste of pain
    venom kiss of love insane
    he's got a rod beneath his coat
    he's gonna ram right down your throat
    make your grovel on the floor
    spit up and scream and beg for more

  7. #97
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meethraa View Post
    Of course it's up to each individual counties interpretation. It doesn't mean it's not a right, it means some countries are denying their citizens that right.


    No, acting on your sexual impulses with another person is a choice (which no one should be forced to take against their will). Heterosexuals can choose to suppress their attraction to members of the opposite sex, while homosexuals can choose to suppress their attraction to members of the same sex.
    That doesn't mean that you chose which one you are, it just means that some people believe they have the right to force you to hide what you are. And that's not acceptable in a free society.
    If you don't act it on how can you be considered homosexual? You may have desires but that doesn't make you gay. As for gay rights, they have all the rights of everyone else. Heterosexual couples that aren't married don't have the same rights as a married couple. The fact is MOST states have voted against gay marriage, so the majority of US citizens are against it. Based on current laws, what rights don't they have?

  8. #98
    Spank My Booty! lovelikewinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vend-el View Post
    If you don't act it on how can you be considered homosexual? You may have desires but that doesn't make you gay. As for gay rights, they have all the rights of everyone else. Heterosexual couples that aren't married don't have the same rights as a married couple. The fact is MOST states have voted against gay marriage, so the majority of US citizens are against it. Based on current laws, what rights don't they have?
    How many stories are there of one partner not being allowed into a hospital room because they are not family?

    Or what if one person dies. The other can have everything taken away by the deceased's family, especially if they never approved.

    Fact is you are talking out your booty on this with mediocre Faux News sound bytes. Just stop.
    Upon his lips the taste of pain
    venom kiss of love insane
    he's got a rod beneath his coat
    he's gonna ram right down your throat
    make your grovel on the floor
    spit up and scream and beg for more

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by back seat astronaut View Post
    I haven't read all the discussions about this controversy, so maybe this point has already been brought up, but I'm specifically confused about stores deciding not to stock this comic and similar reactions along those lines. My question is: have those same stores already made sure not to stock the Ender's Game graphic novels? Have any regular bookstores ever decided not to stock Orson Scott Card's many bestselling science fiction novels? Why have I not heard about boycotts of all the novels that this writer continues to write and publish? Also, there's an Ender's Game movie coming out this year--are people going to organize a boycott for that?

    I just don't understand why I'm hearing so much about Card writing this Superman comic, and all these people boycotting and stores not stocking the product and so forth, when I never hear anything like this about anything else Card has done. Why all this all of a sudden? Is this just another bandwagon for people to jump on or what? How does an anti-gay author get away with selling tons of books and getting blockbuster movie adaptations made, but everyone puts their foot down when he writes a Superman comic?

    Very good point. I agree totally.

  10. #100
    Senior Member MFitzH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vend-el View Post
    They do have right to marry. Just not to people of the same sex. So their right to marry has not been denied.
    Why not just write: 'They do have the right to ride the bus; they just have to sit in the back. So, their right has not been denied.' C'mon...
    A robotic journey toward the American Dream: MADE in USA.

  11. #101
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theseikewinter View Post
    How many stories are there of one partner not being allowed into a hospital room because they are not family?

    Or what if one person dies. The other can have everything taken away by the deceased's family, especially if they never approved.

    Fact is you are talking out your booty on this with mediocre Faux News sound bytes. Just stop.
    Again, these same issues exist for non-married hetero couples, so how is that a fox news sound byte? You've failed to to tell me what right you've been denied that any other unmarried couple has.

  12. #102
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    Card is on the board of directors of a group that does nothing but attack the homosexual population and gay rights. Also he wrote some pretty nasty things about the gay community, calling us pedophiles and the destruction of civilization. So he may delude himself by saying he doesn't hate gay people, but he does.

    Remember when most states voted against equality? Rights are not meant to be voted on, they are to be protected from the idiots. You talk about those "choices" being rewarded. I never realized that wanting equality was a reward. Huh.

    Homosexuality is a choice is bullshit. I didn't wake up one day and decide that I like men. It was in me. Yes I could have denied those feelings, but it would have been wrong. You can't pray the gay away. To do so is to do emotional harm to yourself that may never be healed. How many ex-gays kill themselves or end up in a bad way?

    Sad how so many comics fans are homophobic. Considering how many of you were probably bullied in some other way, you think there would be more understanding. Guess not.
    I've acknowledged that I was about NOM and Card's philosophy. I disagree with a lot of it. As for "praying the gay away", I know people that have done just that and are doing fine. It boils down to why you doing it. If you are doing it for others it will probably end badly. Again, as I stated in a previous post the desire may remain but you don't have to act on it.

    For the record I'm not a homophobe. Do I agree with homosexual behavior? No. However I can say that about a lot of people and their choices. I'm not perfect either so I have a lot of areas of my life I need to clean up. As a Christian, a sin is a sin. So, you being a homosexual is no different than if I was to fornicate with a woman. I love gay people as much as I love straight people.

  13. #103
    registered meethraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mostly here.
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vend-el View Post
    Again, these same issues exist for non-married hetero couples, so how is that a fox news sound byte? You've failed to to tell me what right you've been denied that any other unmarried couple has.
    The difference is that htero couples have the right to marry. Isn't that obvious?
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

    Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

  14. #104
    registered meethraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mostly here.
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vend-el View Post
    I've acknowledged that I was about NOM and Card's philosophy. I disagree with a lot of it. As for "praying the gay away", I know people that have done just that and are doing fine. It boils down to why you doing it. If you are doing it for others it will probably end badly. Again, as I stated in a previous post the desire may remain but you don't have to act on it.

    For the record I'm not a homophobe. Do I agree with homosexual behavior? No. However I can say that about a lot of people and their choices. I'm not perfect either so I have a lot of areas of my life I need to clean up. As a Christian, a sin is a sin. So, you being a homosexual is no different than if I was to fornicate with a woman. I love gay people as much as I love straight people.
    Your christianity has nothing to do with any of it. This is a legal matter, religion shouldn't be a factor.
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

    Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."

  15. #105
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    Card is on the board of directors of a group that does nothing but attack the homosexual population and gay rights. Also he wrote some pretty nasty things about the gay community, calling us pedophiles and the destruction of civilization. So he may delude himself by saying he doesn't hate gay people, but he does.

    Remember when most states voted against equality? Rights are not meant to be voted on, they are to be protected from the idiots. You talk about those "choices" being rewarded. I never realized that wanting equality was a reward. Huh.

    Homosexuality is a choice is bullshit. I didn't wake up one day and decide that I like men. It was in me. Yes I could have denied those feelings, but it would have been wrong. You can't pray the gay away. To do so is to do emotional harm to yourself that may never be healed. How many ex-gays kill themselves or end up in a bad way?

    Sad how so many comics fans are homophobic. Considering how many of you were probably bullied in some other way, you think there would be more understanding. Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by meethraa View Post
    Your christianity has nothing to do with any of it. This is a legal matter, religion shouldn't be a factor.
    My Christianity has everything to do with my opinion. So, yes it is a factor.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •