Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of UIster View Post
    Levitz is an editor at DC! He has too much influence, they'll never get rid of him.
    No, he's not. He's just a writer, but he either has a deal that assures him a certain amount of work or they want to keep him happy so he doesn't go around trashing the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Dan Didio apologize...and mean it?

Is this what DC meant by WTF?

(Afraid to look out the window in case should get hit by a flying porker.)
    The fact that Diane Nelson was there suggests that perhaps this apology was her idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    The fact that Diane Nelson was there suggests that perhaps this apology was her idea.
    Oh, you're simply amazing :)

I will believe changes when I actually see them. It's cynical but I've been in the corporate world long enough to know that actions matter, not what someone tells you.

It sounds like one problem is this: they don't trust creators enough to step back and let them do their jobs. There's no balance between the editors' job, the writers' job, and the artists' job. IMO, the best comics come together when these three are in sync.

It sounds like one problem is this: they don't trust creators enough to step back and let them do their jobs. There's no balance between the editors' job, the writers' job, and the artists' job. IMO, the best comics come together when these three are in sync.
    Basically they have an overall lack of vision and direction.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

I can't hold him at his word, because it was not his doing in full. George Perez said a while back, when he too...spoke his ire on the changes to script and direction while he wrote Superman. That there were folks making changes above Dan and the editor staff. And methinks it had to do with the Superman rights case, with the original creators families in the courts. Now that half the case has been won against them *the families*, the craziness that went on for months *at the DC pen*, should be lessen. In either case, I haven't spent a dime, since '52' came out. And this...'apology' will not change my mind either. Everything was done to ensure if they had lost *DCE* the case on the rights. The current verison of the DC cast will not have been subject to any IP law infringement. Due to the 'changes' now standing...and maybe, slowing reversing back, case in point PowerGirl 's old/new outfit returning?

Ah yes...months of hell let loose on yon creators, because if there were any chance on losing the IP rights of Superman...how much damage would it have cause on their bottom line.

Sorry folks, with the current boss at his side...it was showmanship at it's finest. And who paid the price for this folly...you know they are. Some quit, some got fired.

Later...
    Last edited by ForEverAncien; 02-17-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I think that was an ongoing problem before the reboot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    The general consensus is that he treats the guys he loves and who are very well established very well - the guys who produce - but if you don't sell you get jerked around a lot more.

Morrison, Johns, JMS and Azz all succeed.

But even workhorses like Rucka get jerked around because ultimately they are niche, no matter how much Didio might like what they do.
    I vaguely remember Christopher Priest complaining that in all the years he's done work for DC, nobody has even considered offering him a chance to write any of the "big name" characters. So they've never found out what he might be able to do if he got to handle several consecutive issues of an ongoing title about Superman or Batman, for instance. He just isn't considered worthy!

Which could mean that she has been pressuring them to do things that require the last-minute changes and feels she should accept some of the responsibility.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    This has been an issue since Infinite Crisis ended.

Or perhaps that she bears some responsibility and feels the need to apologize as well. Or perhaps that she was their to show support for Didio. Or perhaps that she was simply present at this creative conference and this was simply one of the pieces of business that was covered and so it's as much her idea as it was Jimmy Palmiotti's idea. Or maybe it was none of the above.

Assuming of course this all even happened and happened the way Rich said it did.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog1981 View Post
    This has been an issue since Infinite Crisis ended.
    That is been an issue for far longer than Infinite Crisis or Identity Crisis. The only time I think the DCU was coherent and felt real was during all those tie-ins that happened leading up to Infinite Crisis.
    Last edited by Hound of UIster; 02-18-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadesSlick View Post
    And the truth is most people don't know what they want. You might think you do, but most of the time you don't. If you got what you wanted all the time then whats the joy of reading?
    "Wow this is exactly what I want, please give me more", said I, as I happily finished an 8th Hickman Avengers issue and eagerly awaited purchasing the 9th.
    Last edited by The Red Deluge; 02-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.