Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Yeah but...lets take a look at the existing superheroes with children at DC comics.

::Reads a blank sheet of paper::

I imagine they aren't cool with their new, young, hip, douchebag armored Batman having a kid. It's probably not "iconic"
    Animal Man

Yes, that's it.

Yeah but...lets take a look at the existing superheroes with children at DC comics.

::Reads a blank sheet of paper::

I imagine they aren't cool with their new, young, hip, douchebag armored Batman having a kid. It's probably not "iconic"
    You may be right - the way Bruce is drawn now, he doesn't look old enough to have a 10 year-old son.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I hope Harper doesn't bother to be anyone. Grant Morrison already created that character and her name was Ellie. Who cares about Harper Rowe.
    Nice to know that when one writer creates a character that all bets are off on any other writer doing the same. I don't care about Ellie myself. She could fall off a cliff for all the difference it makes to me. She could even ultimately serve some great purpose at the end of Inc and I still wouldn't care. She's merely a background character in a slew of background characters I've seen over the years. I do, however, care about whether Harper becomes "someone" and hope that she does.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Nice to know that when one writer creates a character that all bets are off on any other writer doing the same. I don't care about Ellie myself. She could fall off a cliff for all the difference it makes to me. She could even ultimately serve some great purpose at the end of Inc and I still wouldn't care. She's merely a background character in a slew of background characters I've seen over the years. I do, however, care about whether Harper becomes "someone" and hope that she does.
    That's mean yo, she had a hard life as a child prostitute sent to service a mutated cop with PTSD high on a mix of monster serum, venom, beer and pizza. She deserves better then a cliff.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

That's mean yo, she had a hard life as a child prostitute sent to service a mutated cop with PTSD high on a mix of monster serum, venom, beer and pizza. She deserves better then a cliff.
    I was merely illustrating my point. She does deserve a better life because if all the crap she's been through and I actually hope that nothing at all happens to her. I don't think she deserves to die just to prove some kind of point and I really hope that Morrison of all people wouldn't stoop that low. It's just that I don't really find her to be all that interesting is all so if she did "fall off a cliff" it wouldn't matter to me in the least.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    Animal Man

Yes, that's it.

Can no one see the irony in this?

I was merely illustrating my point. She does deserve a better life because if all the crap she's been through and I actually hope that nothing at all happens to her. I don't think she deserves to die just to prove some kind of point and I really hope that Morrison of all people wouldn't stoop that low. It's just that I don't really find her to be all that interesting is all so if she did "fall off a cliff" it wouldn't matter to me in the least.
    I was just busting balls. I like Ellie a lot, she makes the run feel real and is a constant example of Batman making the world better on real levels.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    I'm picking up this issue, but haven't read the first 7 of Inc. Would all 7 of those be essential reading prior to reading #8? I'm going to assume #0 isn't important.
    A most emphatic YES! Otherwise, you won't have a freaking clue.

Reading the rest of Morrison's Batman run beforehand will also help.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Morrison's work doesn't deserve hype?
    Yeah, because Morrison's work is more confusing in my eyes. I'll never forgive him for the mess that was Final Crisis.

As for the leak, I knew this was coming as I never did enjoy Damien's character and I've counting the days till he leaves.

However, I do understand Damien...just a bit as an overall Bat-character...just a bit.
    Last edited by CMBMOOL; 02-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.

killing off Damian is a stupid idea. he's a pretty popular character and even DC doesn't have too many of those.

it won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Yeah, because Morrison's work is more confusing in my eyes. I'll never forgive him for the mess that was Final Crisis.
    Let it go, man. Enjoy life!

BANNED

And Harper Rowe can drown in the sewer. Maybe they can hype a big crossover event for the death of this 'Fan Favorite'

"Batman RIP" led to Batman dying, ergo...no, wait, Bruce didn't die.

So, yea, these covers mean nothing. Morrison teases and plays with expectations like other writers.
    DC discarded their history, and now has none. DC will always be in the shadows of their past work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jgiannantoni05 View Post
    "Batman RIP" led to Batman dying, ergo...no, wait, Bruce didn't die.

So, yea, these covers mean nothing. Morrison teases and plays with expectations like other writers.
    I'm expecting more of a plot twist about Damian, rather his death. Talia can control his body like a puppet using machines, that probably doesn't help either. Who knows if this Damian is even the original?

If this weren't New52 it would have been cool for Nightwing to also go out as Batman (making villians think Batman is everywhere in Gotham) and Damien to leave Bruce to re-team with Dick Grayson. After the Death of the Family storyline that would have been really cool making Bruce lose the whole Bat-Family and be the brutal/loner Batman while also having a Batman/Robin out there in Grayson/Damien.