Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    You're assuming DC don't know about this – i would be surprised if this wasn't a deliberate attempt to hype the issue with with a fake 'leak'.
    Actually, I thought of that too. I'm just saying, if not deliberate, then it shouldn't be all that hard for DC to track this guy down, or at least, narrow it down to a few people.

If this was leaked on purpose by DC, then that's just lame. This is Morrison, his work is good enough on it's own and doesn't warrant resorting to this crap.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    This is Morrison, his work is good enough on it's own and doesn't warrant resorting to this crap.
    Morrison's work doesn't deserve hype?

Damian's not going anywhere. It makes too much sense for Robin to be Bruce's natural son. It side-steps the whole "using someone else's kid as cannon fodder" argument. They (B&R) may have to convince Talia that Damian would rather die than be with his mother, or some other means of getting Talia to stand down. But I doubt Morrison is going to kill Damian. He's too good at being Robin, having been trained by the League of Assassins. Because of his training, no one worries that he will get killed as easily as, say, Jason Todd was.

Morrison's work doesn't deserve hype?
    It doesn't need a "fake leak" by DC, if that is in fact what this is.

If DC wanted to tease this, then there's nothing wrong with owning it.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

The cover is very nice.

Hmm... R.I.P.? Oh that's a relief! Guys, he won't die! He'll just end up in a helicopter or hanging from it where the big bad is, it'll crash into some body of water, and then we'll have a shot of Bat Cow biting on Damien's cape as it overlooks the scene. Then later, Damien will pop back up like nothing happened, though maybe after weird trip through time. Nothing to be concerned about ladies and gentlemen! Go about your day.

There is no way Damian is really dying. If it were to happen, Death of the Family would have been the most logical place. Not to mention it would have serious ramifications for the "Damian-as-Batman" future we have seen. Also, he has really grown on the fans, and there is no way DC would kill a superhero kid after the Colorado and Sandy Hook shootings. This is likely a hype cover, or he might quit being Robin for a little while, or Batman will think he's dead, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    It doesn't need a "fake leak" by DC, if that is in fact what this is.
    Why not? If DC did orchestrate this, then they're being pretty clever.

Although, according to Bleeding Cool, it's the same guy who leaked the Spider-Man stuff.

Either way, it doesn't really matter – it's got people talking and excited about the next issue of Inc., so the job's done.

Why not? If DC did orchestrate this, then they're being pretty clever.

Although, according to Bleeding Cool, it's the same guy who leaked the Spider-Man stuff.

Either way, it doesn't really matter it's got people talking and excited about the next issue of Inc., so the job's done.
    People were already excited and talking about the next issue so what was the point of this little stunt? If this was something DC planned then it was a poor decision on their part because people are already excited and are already planning to buy it. It's far more likely that this stunt was pulled by someone else and their only purpose to to ruin everyone's fun. It's bad form either way. I'm not a fan of Batman, Inc. but no one should have their good time ruined by someone just doing it for the LOLZ.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I hope Harper doesn't bother to be anyone. Grant Morrison already created that character and her name was Ellie. Who cares about Harper Rowe.
    We could have, and did, say the same thing about Damian when he showed up. We already had a Robin, Tim Drake. Who cares about Damian Wayne? Fast forward to now, a hell of a lot of people do. I have no reason to think that can't happen yet again if we're in line for yet another new Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    And ultimately, good stories can't be spoiled with plot points. They can't be spoiled at all.
    Quoted. For. Truth.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

BANNED

I hope Harper doesn't bother to be anyone. Grant Morrison already created that character and her name was Ellie. Who cares about Harper Rowe.
    I do. And so do a lot of people. Batman #12 sold quite well meaning there must have been some people who liked it and the issue was quite well received by several sites and fellow comic fans.

I'm picking up this issue, but haven't read the first 7 of Inc. Would all 7 of those be essential reading prior to reading #8? I'm going to assume #0 isn't important.

You don't seem to understand the circumstances of Damian's character. He's Morrison's creation and Grant is leaving. Damian also has the circumstance of 'aging' Batman by giving him a son, which goes against their direction in the New 52 for everyone else. Odds are, Damian is gone and will fade into history soon.
    He may be Morrison's creation, but I doubt that he is Morrison's property. I'm guessing that Damian is legally DC's to do with what they will. So that will mean a resurrection in the not-so-distant future...

The allusion to Batman RIP is interesting, given that Batman didn't die in that story.

Quote Originally Posted by sea.dilemma View Post
    He may be Morrison's creation, but I doubt that he is Morrison's property. I'm guessing that Damian is legally DC's to do with what they will. So that will mean a resurrection in the not-so-distant future...
    Yeah but...lets take a look at the existing superheroes with children at DC comics.

::Reads a blank sheet of paper::

I imagine they aren't cool with their new, young, hip, douchebag armored Batman having a kid. It's probably not "iconic"
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together