Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Ditto that for Roy too, btw. Cry For Justice put that character in the blender and set it to puree. This reboot was a saving grace for Red Arrow.

Ugh... wasn't expected to be reminded of those DeFalco issues of Nightwing in here. I had just about purged them from my memory too...

Anyway, I thought we were all in agreement that Tim, Jason and Dick were basically all interchangeable now.

Okay kidding aside, you have the former Robin who is on his own (Dick), the former Robin who is leading the Titans (Jason) and the former Robin who is leading basically the 90s young justice team (Tim). Within an issue or two you can probably have one of them switch places with the other and the dynamic of the book wouldn't change much. I mean I haven't been a fan of what they have done with the former Robins, but saying this as someone who isn't a fan of the character Jason has by far (not counting Damian) been the most interesting of the bunch in the reboot. His character has been helped the most and is sitting in a better position than he was before the reboot. Dick and Tim have had major dropoffs.

Though it seems like everyone can at least agree this is a Titans book now. I remember taking flack for saying it was one months and months ago, but it is a better Titans book than Teen Titans is and I do think Lobdell should have given up TT and just focused on this and Superman. Let someone else take a shot at the Young Justice line.

So is this going to be the issue where Jason's face falls off?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    So is this going to be the issue where Jason's face falls off?
    No that's Red Hood and the Outlaws # RichJohnsonisFullofShit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    No that's Red Hood and the Outlaws # RichJohnsonisFullofShit.
    How is he full of it? He posted the cover, and said it could be ramifications of Death of the Family, which many people were convinced it would be. No where did Bleeding Cool say "Jason will definitely have no face" it was all "possible" because at the time, that's what it was, a possibility. Anyone who took a cover as being literal spoilers (like many people said not to) is on them.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 02-17-2013 at 10:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    How is he full of it? He posted the cover, and said it could be ramifications of Death of the Family, which many people were convinced it would be. No where did Bleeding Cool say "Jason will definitely have no face" it was all "possible" because at the time, that's what it was, a possibility. Anyone who took a cover as being literal spoilers (like many people said not to) is on them.
    It's a general comment. Johnson is just nauseating most of the time.

Wow talk about spoilers, We all know Damian Doesn't die and is with Bruce at the end of Inc, Just going from Jason's point of veiw when He has gone from a date with Isabel (wonder what happened to her?) to outerspace to bumping uglies with said date to being caught by Joker to talking to Damian when could he have done his Wingman duties? DOTF has to be set AFTER Inc with proves everything is as it was and Inc makes no real impact on Batman's life. What a let down.

This reads well. Nightwing does not.

JUSTICE!
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Well, the comparisons to Dick aren't going to be stopped by this issue. It looks like Jason was the only member of the family to emerge relatively the same as he was before (grouchy and slightly confrontational) at least until the Joker's surprise hit him. It'll be interesting to see what Joker's parting shot to Tim was.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

-C.S. Lewis

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

This was actually pretty good. I picked it up because im gonna be jumping back on with the new creative team, and while im still not a fan of a more happy Jason, i enjoyed it non the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was actually pretty good. I picked it up because im gonna be jumping back on with the new creative team, and while im still not a fan of a more happy Jason, i enjoyed it non the less.
    I thought it was mediocre. I like the idea of a Jason that is more willing to be a little congenial in nature because it's an interesting side of him that we haven't seen in a long time.

spoilers:
    Jason obviously compares the attitudes of both himself and Damian. Both of them being Robins. Both of them being filled with rage. I like the panel where he says, "Maybe he'll figure it out... before all that hate inside burns him up."
    end of spoilers

But, the predicament that's presented at the end of the issue kind of irks me. I just don't see how it's plausible that it even happened. Seems a little out of character for the Joker:

spoilers:
    A hologram and Joker gas dose in the helmet? Nobody checked for that?
    end of spoilers

Going from Capullo's artwork in Batman #17 to this was a bitter pill to swallow. Then again, I love his stuff; if he could draw every Bat-title along with Patrick Gleason (whose last issue of Batman and Robin had excellent art as well) I wouldn't even be mad. I reviewed the issue with some images from the comic if any of you want to take a look and further ruminate on it with me.

Why was Damian the only Bat vigilante in his civvies while Dick and Bruce had the full gear on? And how did he suddenly change into Robin suit while confronting Roy???

And why did he reveal his identity to some outlaws that he had never met before???

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Well if ur gonna poke all those holes. I can't exactly defend any of that...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by green_amethyst View Post
    Why was Damian the only Bat vigilante in his civvies while Dick and Bruce had the full gear on? And how did he suddenly change into Robin suit while confronting Roy???

And why did he reveal his identity to some outlaws that he had never met before???
    It's not child abuse if he's wearing the Robin costume!

So I guess Dick knows who Jason is teaming up with now? Seems like a wasted opportunity not to have them all meet up and close off that hanging plot point as both books enter into their new arcs.