Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Morbius: The Living Vampire, #2

• The ALL-NEW Michael Morbius?
    • Morbius, is back, but on the run and desperate to quell his vampiric tendencies. But has the midnight son really changed?
    • As Morbius tries to stay under the radar, a new threat arises, and they want Morbius dead.
    • The series fans have been asking for continues its thrilling debut!

Full article here.

The dying joke is funny because it's true lol

On another note, the art looks a little more stable.

why has nobody noticed morbius looks like a vampire?
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

how come Morbius get his own series and Blade doesn't???

This... is not what I expected from a Morbius book.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by JayZeon86 View Post
    Morbius had his own book twice before. He headlined Adventures into Fear in the 70s, and had a book that lasted for 28 issues in the 90s.

Apparently, fan response was quite positive to his recent Amazing Spider-Man appearances.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by JayZeon86 View Post
    It's been said before that Morbius works much better as a comic book-lead than Blade does.

The best Marvel did was MI-13, and that wasn't so much a Blade book. The thing with Blade is, you NEED a very strong supporting cast or else it's just "kill all vampires".

Morbius, for whatever reason, is much more versatile and can be used with just himself, or an ensemble cast. And, also, it appears that it's just much easier to introduce Morbius, as you have Spider-Man for him to jump off of. With Blade, there's the risk no one would even know about the book coming out.

Another thing this Morbius series has going for it is the pure curiosity of fans who were never expecting another Morbius book again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    why has nobody noticed morbius looks like a vampire?
    I think that Wanda woman did, and all we know from this Becky girl is that she thinks it's cool he took a shot-gun blast to the chest and that he was standing up to the gang-members. It's been said before that most normal people in the MU don't really believe in vampires, so for all they know, he's just a mutant or pale, sickly looking drug addict.

I read the first issue and honestly, it was rather good! I am completely surprised by that since I didn't expect it to work for me. Hopefully the second issue is just as good or even better. I would love for something like this to be a surprise hit for me.

OK, just out of pure curiosity, how does anyone feel about this Becky Barnes girl?

I want to hate her, but I don't, but I don't really like her...she seems too peppy for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    OK, just out of pure curiosity, how does anyone feel about this Becky Barnes girl?

I want to hate her, but I don't, but I don't really like her...she seems too peppy for this book.
    I'm not sure yet she's a bit un-faze by Mike looks much like Wanda, who knows maybe she's use to freaks and wierdoes and thinks just another day in Brownsville. Love the Morbi-face letterbox much like the Spider-face or the X-Men,Avengers logos in there letterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    I'm not sure yet she's a bit un-faze by Mike looks much like Wanda, who knows maybe she's use to freaks and wierdoes and thinks just another day in Brownsville. Love the Morbi-face letterbox much like the Spider-face or the X-Men,Avengers logos in there letterbox.
    The little Morbi-face by the letter box was precious! It was so cute! They really got the hair right lol

As for Becky, you may be right. And I think she probably knows he's Morbius. In fact, the people of Brownsville may not be as clueless as we thought; it says it the newspaper recap page that residents have reported Morbius's presence to the police, but they want nothing to do with it.
    So, the police are so bad there that they don't want to arrest a known cannibal and convicted murdererewith super strength and get him away from thousands of very edible people?

Finaly read it, it's better than the first and the Becky is a good supporting character for Mike.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

This book is hilarious. Unintentionally, I think, but I still enjoy it. Becky reminds me of a deadbeat Jubilee.

While I guess it was pretty obvious an ending, Morbius losing it can go in several different ways and I think Keatinge is smart enough to nail whichever one.

So I'd he do more in this issue than find new clothes, eat a sandwich, break up a turf war, be homeless and find new clothes? I don't what was going through the minds of the people involved in creating that first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    This book is hilarious. Unintentionally, I think, but I still enjoy it. Becky reminds me of a deadbeat Jubilee.

While I guess it was pretty obvious an ending, Morbius losing it can go in several different ways and I think Keatinge is smart enough to nail whichever one.
    I liked Becky more than I thought I would, too.

And I'm so happy Morbius losing it wasn't stalled another issue; Morbius should go crazy, just as he always does. I'm just wondering how exactly not one cop figures he's out in Brooklyn after this. Sure, he's not a Skrull or Galactus, shouldn't the cops and lower-level street heroes be a little more concerned?

Also, does New York City have that serious of a meth problem? Why does everyone think Morbius is a meth addict?