View Poll Results: How good was Death of the Family?

Voters
186. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • 10 - Best Joker storyline ever

6 3.23%

25 13.44%

47 25.27%

19 10.22%

22 11.83%

16 8.60%

16 8.60%

11 5.91%

7 3.76%
  • 1-I disliked it from start to finish

17 9.14%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I voted 2.

2 for the art.

6/10

It was solid. The art was great on Batman and while the plot was interesting it had only passable execution. I think that's my major complaint with Snyder, too often he falls into the "Nice idea, shame about the execution" trap. It happened with Court of Owls, and with Swamp Thing. The ending just sort of fizzles out.

Still, I hope the fracturing on the family has ramifications and that we see some pay off down the line. Batman and Robin #17 served as an excellent epilogue in that respect.

8/10 this story is set to have ramifications long term and I like the way it portrayed the Joker. The last issue was leaked before I bought it and thought from the spoilers it was a downer but actually reading the issue I got exactly where Synder was coming from.
    There is only one main stream comic company that actually takes its fans seriously and delivers and thats DC.

It wasn't bad by any means, just very overrated and fairly generic as far as Joker stories go and had that underwhelming ending. I'm thinking its a 6.

I'd just like to point out that 97% of voters here think DotF was overrated to some degree since it's been getting perfect 10/10s or 5/5s every single issue from IGN, Comicvine, iFanboy, CBR etc.

vote for 9.

i wanted to go for 7..gave 2 more points out of liking the arc overall.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

What an absolutely garbage ending...I thought things were going to be as good as the finish to the movie Hannibal. Instead it was only an updated version of the Killing Joke.

I voted 4.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

I gave it a solid 8 in the other poll and then same here.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I'd give it a 4. I felt the story itself was mediocre and uninspired, but the craft across the books was mostly consistant. Just a slightly a less than average storyline even for a crossover.

i gave it an 8, too much symbolism for my liking, and the dialogue felt weird at some points. i'm usually ok with snyder's writing, but in this arc it was capullo's amazing art that drives the overall story for me..

Re-reading it. I gave it a 2. Hopeful promises and events just not coming to pass. All rather lackluster.
    Behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!

Hmm, looks like the majority feel it's a better than average story, by roughly a 2-to-1 margin.

I knew something had to be screwy with that first poll, though darned if I can figure out how it happened.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Hmm, looks like the majority feel it's a better than average story, by roughly a 2-to-1 margin.

I knew something had to be screwy with that first poll, though darned if I can figure out how it happened.
    What were the results of the last poll?
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post

I think everyone had to settle down after a while and get over the knee jerk reaction they had to it (whether it being absolute love or hate).

Gave it a 7 out of 10. Not a bad story - but not the best. Had some strong moments, but the end was a bit of a let down.

i thought it was pretty mediocre in the end. between the Court of Owls and this, i'm really starting to get bored with these monster story arcs that drag on way too long and deliver conclusions that, well, just don't deliver.

don't wanna be too harsh as i love Snyder. i thought Severed as well as his Detective Comics run were some of the best comics i've read in years. and sure, some issues of his Batman and Swamp Thing runs have been top notch too, but... i don't know. maybe he's starting to feel the pressure a little bit? or maybe he's just spreading himself too thin lately.