Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Now! Thunderbolts #9 Cover

The new cover to Thunderbolts #9. Is Deadpool gunning after Punisher?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thunderbolts Issue No9.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	108632

Well, Way did say that Deadpool wouldn't be at all happy about Elektra and Punisher and whatever connection they're going to have....

Signs point to yes . . . maybe. I know covers can be misleading. Way has been teasing that Deadpool does not particularly care for the Punisher/Elektra hook-up. Whether Deadpool's displeasure is motivated by jealousy or because he feels protective of Elektra remains to be seen.

Obviously they haven't had enough interaction for us to tell yet, but part of me is thinking that Deadpool may be feeling more protective than jealous.

See, this right here is why I hate Thunderbolts to a degree. We get a good interview, amazing covers, and I start thinking about how great things could be. Then I get the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Obviously they haven't had enough interaction for us to tell yet, but part of me is thinking that Deadpool may be feeling more protective than jealous.
    Yeah, I'm leaning toward protective too. One reason why is that Way (or it could have been Alonso or White) said something in an in an interview about the audience seeing Deadpool in a whole new light. I can't help but wonder if the favorable response to Remender's portrayal of Deadpool will be an influence.
    See, this right here is why I hate Thunderbolts to a degree. We get a good interview, amazing covers, and I start thinking about how great things could be. Then I get the issue.
    I feel the same way. It was that way for his Deadpool run. There were a few better than average issues during the run, so there's some hope.

Obviously, Deadpool's just about to put Frank's shirt through the wash.

I stand right there with you! I want to LOVE this book, but so far it's just been boring at times and OK at best. I'm sticking with the book and giving the creative team a chance. I imagine with all the interviews, cover art, and sneak peaks of future issues, Marvel's Marketing team is working overtime to keep fans interested.

I'm with you people, but i'm tired of this constant teasing and seeing no results. I hope Way changes his way of writing in the next arc. I see here many people seeing Phil Noto almost as a savior of this comic, yeah his art is better than Dillon's but i assume that things will be the same if Way writes the same way as he did in this current arc. I hope i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Brilliant!

Or maybe Punisher needs help.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Or maybe Punisher needs help.
    Interesting, but unlikely. Besides, I want to see the team tearing each-other apart at some point, they are all too psychotic to work together without issue for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    LOL. I second Spidey 616's comments about Harpoons post. I can see it now.

*Wade shockingly discovers and interrupts Elektra licking the sweat off Franks face in a dark corner of Thunderbolts HQ*

Wade: WTF!!! STOP THAT NATCHOS, THAT CAN'T BE HYGENIC!

Elektra: Natchios

Wade: Whatever! HEY, SKULLBOY!!!

*Frank turns to face off with Deadpool. Killer stares from both sides*

Frank: What?

Deadpool: I was just about to put a load on and from the looks of it that shirt is filthy. Hand it over, I'll stick it in the wash.

Frank: OK

*Frank takes off shirt and hands it to Wade*

Wade: Alrighty then. As you were. Nice moobs, skullboy. I thought Noto was pencilling this one but it looks like Dillon strikes again.

Wade: Oh, one more thing.

*Frank just stares at him*

Wade: I have realised that I feel very protective of Natchos, so wear a condom. No glove, no love! You kids have fun now. See ya!
    Last edited by Candid Rook; 02-15-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candid Rook View Post
    LOL. I second Spidey 616's comments about Harpoons post. I can see it now.

*Wade shockingly discovers and interrupts Elektra licking the sweat off Franks face in a dark corner of Thunderbolts HQ*

Wade: WTF!!! STOP THAT NATCHOS, THAT CAN'T BE HYGENIC!

Elektra: Natchios

Wade: Whatever! HEY, SKULLBOY!!!

*Frank turns to face off with Deadpool. Killer stares from both sides*

Frank: What?

Deadpool: I was just about to put a load on and from the looks of it that shirt is filthy. Hand it over, I'll stick it in the wash.

Frank: OK

*Frank takes off shirt and hands it to Wade*

Wade: Alrighty then. As you were. Nice moobs, skullboy. I thought Noto was pencilling this one but it looks like Dillon strikes again.

Wade: Oh, one more thing.

*Frank just stares at him*

Wade: I have realised that I feel very protective of Natchos, so wear a condom. No glove, no love! You kids have fun now. See ya!
    You nailed it! Ahaha

I find this is a bit backward, really. I've often thought Punisher's natural inclination would be to try to kill Deadpool, not the other way around.

I really hope this book gets better. I already stopped buying it, and only read it if i can find a copy at Barnes and Noble to read for free. Hell, even then I still find none of the characters interesting except for Deadpool. He's always got the best lines. All the other characters seem to lack personality. I think Candid Rook wrote a story better than Way has so far in this book. I hate misleading covers. Deadpool kills the Marvel U had great covers, but the rest of the book was trash. I can only hope DP gets stabby with Punisher.
    Last edited by Dudepool; 02-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.