Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

This was decent-ish. Though im being generous. Is just me or has this title just not been the same even since the 0 issue? And i like Strix, i like the littles sister thing she's got going with Batgirl, but this Condor needs to go. Call me a traditionalist but i just don't like wang on the BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Have to agree with this. I followed the first 8 issues or so, Poison Ivy was the hook admittedly but Saiz' art and the team dynamics kept it rolling along. Also Starling, what a babe. But two arcs in a row with literally no ending and no overall direction to the title is not amusing. I tried to hang on after Ivy and Saiz left since Foreman is no slouch, incredible artist actually, but then take him away with no equal replacement and then add this Strix, a fucken Owl? No deal.
    Agree word-for-word. It seems pretty much all of us here are in agreement with how this title has progressed. The first arc was great but it's steadily gone downhill with the last arc being pretty downright bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was decent-ish. Though im being generous. Is just me or has this title just not been the same even since the 0 issue? And i like Strix, i like the littles sister thing she's got going with Batgirl, but this Condor needs to go. Call me a traditionalist but i just don't like wang on the BOP.
    Yeah decent-ish in an average adventure way. Starling is still fun to read. Strix pronunciation still bugs me - stricks or strikes - I wish a BoP would make a passing comment about it IN-STORY.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Yeah decent-ish in an average adventure way. Starling is still fun to read. Strix pronunciation still bugs me - stricks or strikes - I wish a BoP would make a passing comment about it IN-STORY.
    It was addressed in story. Batgirl says it is Latin, by which we may conclude the pronunciation is "streeks."

Anyway, this issue and the previous one were the best issues of the run since #4. I hope Condor doesn't stay because I also don't think guys are "birds." Here's hoping Marx's ensemble chops can make something great out of this book.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Yeah I'm on the fence about continuing to pull this. I like Marx to an extent and Starling is still a favorite of mine. But...yeah. The desire to continue reading is declining. Obviously I'll still try Marx's but it'll be on a very short and tight leash.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

#0 was the high point of the series imo. It was the one that felt most like genuine BOP to me. Otherwise this book is quite a bit better at teasing than it has been at executing.

Hopefully the incoming writer can put forth plots that pay off better as the raw character appeal is there for a better book. Having Mr.Freeze upfront is a good move imo. At least in theory.
    Stuff people complain about on boards is stuff that sells best.Stuff boards & Tumblr support almost uniformly sells poorly.I am not happy about this,it makes me sad.But itís true-Gail Simone(edit)

I think they need to go back to basics with this title. The whole all female super spy team thing had potential, but there didn't seem to be a direction there. So maybe simplify things a bit. Ditch the conspiracies, ditch the dudes, and get this book on an actual direction we can follow.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-22-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Marx starts with #18 or #19?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimarenda View Post
    It was addressed in story. Batgirl says it is Latin, by which we may conclude the pronunciation is "streeks."
    Ah. Latin. Thanks! Still be nice to see it phoentically in-story. "STREEKS" is like a punchline in the making!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

I think they need to go back to basics with this title. The whole all female super spy team thing had potential, but there didn't seem to be a direction there. So maybe simplify things a bit. Ditch the conspiracies, ditch the dudes, and get this book on an actual direction we can follow.
    I have an itching suspicion that the below is Starling as the listed mystery traitor (who we also currently know is working for Amanda Waller):

...and that this book might get reverse engineered to go back to the original duo of Dinah & Barbara, albeit as Black Canary & Batgirl:

Just a hunch.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Another issue where not much happened. I was a big fan of this book but I agree with the consensus that the quality has steadily declined. I'm gonna give Marx a few issues to see what direction the book goes, but if anything happens to Starling I'm gone. She's the best new female character in comics! Gun-toting, whiskey drinking, tattooed, badass!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

I'm willing to bet you a

that not only is Starling going to be the traitor (see on the cover how Dinah is shocked, but Batgirl seems to be thinking, "Hardly a surprise..."), that she might get moved either temporarily or permanently to the Suicide Squad book, as since it was revealed in the #0 issue that she's secretly working for Amanda Waller.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Noooo!!! Not Starling :(