Veteran Member

Default Sword of Sorcery #5 Preview

Goodnight sweet princess.

I haven't been reading this, but I'm interested in it. As it's cancelled will there be a trade?

A darn shame this got cancelled. Probably my favorite title to have been cancelled so far, I feel like this has barely gotten started.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    I haven't been reading this, but I'm interested in it. As it's cancelled will there be a trade?
    DC has put out trades for other cancelled titles after the cancellation was announced, so I don't see why not.

Great issue, happy to see this series bounced back after a really poor showing last month. Lopresti's art continues to be flawless and he is aided by some really gorgeous coloring. Marx's characterization is completely on-point for everyone and her handling of the family drama is complex, interesting, and really adds to everyone's character. It can get a little confusing to keep all the names of each "House" in order, but the world building is fun and is being implemented really well. Again, with the exception of the previous issue I have loved this series, and while it will be a shame to see it go, eight great issues of Amethyst are better than none.

Backup once again did nothing for me at all.

it took me a few issues to get into this new take on Amethyst but i'm enjoying it now. will be sad to see it go.

DC Comics cancels EVERYTHING good! They cancelled New 52 Static Shock before I could even get into it. They cancelled Blue Beetle also. Now they're cancelling Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS and now Amethyst Sword of Sorcery. What's next? Did they cancel Demon Knights to?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    DC Comics cancels EVERYTHING good! They cancelled New 52 Static Shock before I could even get into it. They cancelled Blue Beetle also. Now they're cancelling Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS and now Amethyst Sword of Sorcery. What's next? Did they cancel Demon Knights to?
    I believe that was Cartoon Network's doing for those shows. They hate anything possibly fun over there.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I believe that was Cartoon Network's doing for those shows. They hate anything possibly fun over there.
    Heck, I'm a bit surprised Cartoon Network hasn't cancelled things like Adventure Time and Ben10 but evidently the executives still have enough sanity to know where their bread and butter lies.

i really like this title even though i skipped last issue, i think the back ups have led to prematurly cancelling the book, the added cost in such a competitive market has probably put a few people off, especially since most people feel that the back up doesnt even add anything to the title. sad to see it go.
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

well I have liked the back up stories in this series as well as the main feature. The artwork is incredible with beautiful colors. It is a shame this cancelled, but I think they are really going to being Amaya a direction as the books ends. I thank DC for giving this series a shot.