Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by summerswasright View Post
    They're going back in time in Ultron are they not? Perhaps they jump into the Ultimate Universe accidentally first or something.
    Yeah but I think that they're actually going to kill Hank Pym so that he could not create Ultron and maybe that when they'll do that , it may create some kind of weird-time-and-space-problem and explain why the heroes on the cover of Age Of Ultron 7 are wearing different costumes ...

BANNED

Can it be called Age of Ultron if a segment of the book makes Ultron not exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsplasher View Post
    Yeah and after the rumor about Wolverine dying in 2014 , maybe Ultimate Wolverine will come back from the deads or maybe what happens to Wolverine during Age Of Ultron will be the cause ...
    I didn't hear that rumor and you mean 616 Wolverine right?

Exactly , I'm talking about the 616 Wolverine , Bleeding Cool was the first site to announce that rumor .

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsplasher View Post
    Yeah but I think that they're actually going to kill Hank Pym so that he could not create Ultron
    Couldn't they just say, "Dude, we're from the future--don't do this or the world will end" rather than killing him?

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Couldn't they just say, "Dude, we're from the future--don't do this or the world will end" rather than killing him?
    Like Pym would listen. He'd do it anyway, just to see if what they said was true, or to try and prove that he wouldn't let it get out hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Like Pym would listen. He'd do it anyway, just to see if what they said was true, or to try and prove that he wouldn't let it get out hand.
    There are still other ways than killing him.

They might just grab him and bring him to the future to show him what Utron became, and then he dies of some kind of accident while he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    DAMN IT thats Awesome why the hell cant Jimenez or mark brooks be on interiors

OMG brooks you are amazing

so much win
    That second cover looks very sexist, and I'm not cutting up comic covers.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Oh I agree, but they can't just say 'don't do this' and reasonably expect him to listen. If they do go back and just kill him, that'd be kind of anticlimatic and borderline stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by punisher97 View Post
    She is wearing a sports bra, and it is reminiscent of paper dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    She is wearing a sports bra, and it is reminiscent of paper dolls.
    Still, I think an all-female book should stay away from any possible sexist interpretations of the covers.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)

Quote Originally Posted by punisher97 View Post
    Would it be sexist if it were the same concept used for a Thor cover and he wore the same amount of under-garments?

Or is this more along the lines of, "Book featuring all-female cast has cover based on paper dolls, a historically girly pastime."?

I think if the goal were to somehow undress Valkyrie by cutting up her armour and removing it from her, you might have a point.

But it's a pretty straightforward children's paper doll, where the most egregious things about it are Valkyrie's classic metal boob cups.

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    Would it be sexist if it were the same concept used for a Thor cover and he wore the same amount of under-garments?

Or is this more along the lines of, "Book featuring all-female cast has cover based on paper dolls, a historically girly pastime."?

I think if the goal were to somehow undress Valkyrie by cutting up her armour and removing it from her, you might have a point.

But it's a pretty straightforward children's paper doll, where the most egregious things about it are Valkyrie's classic metal boob cups.
    Fine, I don't know much about paper dolls. If it was Thor, I'd consider it sexist if they focused on his abs or genitals, like they are doing with Valkyrie's curves.

Eh, looks like normal contrapposto to me, but I get that comics have made us especially sensitive towards unrealistic exaggerated hip sway in women(for sexist reasons yes).

I'm starting to think it's to the point they probably should have thought to give her a flat footed stance to eliminate all sway.