Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

You know, SHIELD is certainly recording this. If Magneto was planning to usurps Scotts leadership, a recording of him betraying the revolution to the Humans would destroy him politically. If this was a real betrayal, he has to realize he is setting himself up for a lifetime of blacmail from SHIELD

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You could say the same thing about the Red Skull and Dr Doom. Why aren't they more hated, too? The X-Men with their mutant villains get lumped together as a group, here. I think society sees them all as villains so there is no distinction, because of the insular way the X-Men have run their business.
    Again I'm not saying your wrong. Just that after so many years reading the same issue about mutants in the comics would like to see the issue either go away. Or have it that it's not just mutants that are hated and disliked. But anyone else mutant and non-mutant who have superpowers. At this point only mutants when we have seen so many different other groups (asgardians. skrulls etc) do as much damage if not more than mutants just not making sense anymore. Would love to see a group that hates them all mutant and non-mutant arise in the MU preferably led by the Red Skrull or someone similar to him. Not because say if it was the Red Skrull because of any real dislike for superpowered individuals because they pose a threat to his plans of world domination

But in the very early days? They didn't need to do that. They could have gone after Doom like the Avengers and FF, but they chose to stick to mutants. It was a very select approach to take and now they've suffered for it because suspicion followed them surrounding only dealing with mutants.
    Another good point. To be honest though imo I think it was how Marvel writers at the time wanted to portray them. As well as including racism in their comics. Even if it meant that in a world of superheros and supervillians with super powers of all kinds that only one group was going to be the subject of racism. It was and still is a heavy handed approach to the subject by Marvel. Then again up until recently many comics suffered what I call the exclusive country club style of writing. Mutants and only mutants could be in the X-men. No non-mutant superheroes no matter how much they were for mutant rights. No mutants or very little mutants in the Avengers and the topic of how poorly treated mutants were was never a issue with the Avengers. Or that unless it was say a story arc that spanned all the comics many issues of the Marvel Universe such as racism were ofthen ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
    You know, SHIELD is certainly recording this. If Magneto was planning to usurps Scotts leadership, a recording of him betraying the revolution to the Humans would destroy him politically. If this was a real betrayal, he has to realize he is setting himself up for a lifetime of blacmail from SHIELD
    Or what usual happens is that Magneto is shown as being able to do anything and everything by Bendis. So that whatever shield recording exists is erased by Magneto using his powers. No matter how protected the device was or how cleverly hidden. I like Bendis writing for the most part yet if he is trying to push a character nothing can stop a character. Anyone remember the scene where Madame Masque shots down a Avengers transport and even with Spider-man on board his spider sense never went off. Even before Madame Masque shots the missle at the vehicle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Or what usual happens is that Magneto is shown as being able to do anything and everything by Bendis. So that whatever shield recording exists is erased by Magneto using his powers. No matter how protected the device was or how cleverly hidden. I like Bendis writing for the most part yet if he is trying to push a character nothing can stop a character. Anyone remember the scene where Madame Masque shots down a Avengers transport and even with Spider-man on board his spider sense never went off. Even before Madame Masque shots the missle at the vehicle.
    Bendis would never pass up an opportunity to make SHIELD look utterly incompetent either. Silly evil government authority figures, that'll show you not to mess with super cool freedom fighters like... Cyclops, Magneto, Emma Frost, and Magik...

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Again I'm not saying your wrong. Just that after so many years reading the same issue about mutants in the comics would like to see the issue either go away. Or have it that it's not just mutants that are hated and disliked. But anyone else mutant and non-mutant who have superpowers. At this point only mutants when we have seen so many different other groups (asgardians. skrulls etc) do as much damage if not more than mutants just not making sense anymore. Would love to see a group that hates them all mutant and non-mutant arise in the MU preferably led by the Red Skrull or someone similar to him. Not because say if it was the Red Skrull because of any real dislike for superpowered individuals because they pose a threat to his plans of world domination
    Do normal humans in the Marvel U like the non-mutant supervillains? No. They hate them. It has been seen a lot of times. Read MARVELS. Read the issues of Spider-Man where the people fear him. It has also been touched on in Civil War. Let us not pretend that Marvel does not show that humans hate non-mutant supervillains. They do.

It's just different with mutants. the threat is not in the villainy. The threat is rather in the genes. I do not care if you use your mutant powers for good or for evil. You remain a threat because when you breed with a non-mutant, your children would most likely be mutants which would cut off that line of the homo sapiens species.

You can not lump both types of hatred together because the context is different.
    I don't think there's a current mainstream American superhero comic book that can touch Hawkeye right now. Brilliant all the way. Entertaining and technically outstanding at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by erwinrafael View Post
    Do normal humans in the Marvel U like the non-mutant supervillains? No. They hate them. It has been seen a lot of times. Read MARVELS. Read the issues of Spider-Man where the people fear him. It has also been touched on in Civil War. Let us not pretend that Marvel does not show that humans hate non-mutant supervillains. They do.

It's just different with mutants. the threat is not in the villainy. The threat is rather in the genes. I do not care if you use your mutant powers for good or for evil. You remain a threat because when you breed with a non-mutant, your children would most likely be mutants which would cut off that line of the homo sapiens species.

You can not lump both types of hatred together because the context is different.
    Good point.

However I think the fear of mutant is less that when they breed, humans are being replaced, but rather that they are a different species completely. They are not humans, but at the sametime they are more powerful than humans. The fact that they're a different species means that they are less inclined to care about human life, to me the appropriate response seems to be fear. It's not much different from Aliens landing on the earth and living much among us, there is no reason for you not to be afraid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarl View Post
    Obviously, Mags used his powers to disrupt the wave frequencies making it impossble to record him.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

Quote Originally Posted by Regino View Post
    Obviously, Mags used his powers to disrupt the wave frequencies making it impossble to record him.
    I wouldn't be surprise, people forget that Mags never go into anything without a plan. Anybody who think Mags would just go to SHIELD without a plan clearly do not know the character.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how the hell does daisy johnson rank over maria hill?
    This is what we call, "thrust a character into a new position so that we can write new stories." Or in this case...make this character interesting.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

How was Magneto able to be in SHIELD's captive while also in San Diego with Cyke? (When they got attacked by the Sentinels?)

Maybe it's Mystique. :0

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    How was Magneto able to be in SHIELD's captive while also in San Diego with Cyke? (When they got attacked by the Sentinels?)
    The sentinal attack happen first I think.

But in the very early days? They didn't need to do that. They could have gone after Doom like the Avengers and FF, but they chose to stick to mutants. It was a very select approach to take and now they've suffered for it because suspicion followed them surrounding only dealing with mutants.
    In the very fist issues they need to do that, In the ORIGINAL origins of the ORIGINAL X-men in the mid sixties they needed to to that, Bobby and Hank were rescued from bigoted mobs. The X-men have been fighting for the survival of their kind something no other group has shown any interest at all in.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

For starters, the X-Men put a rod on their own back right from the beginning just collecting mutants in a selective way, because the humans became suspicious it was mounting an army.

Secondly, Bendis stated in the book, through Magneto, the E-Team broke out Scott just to set him up and defeat him in public. It was all there on the page.
    Bendis had Magento say that , Bendis didn't say that. Writers can have character lie, the often do since it is often necessary to tell stories We have no real idea if Magento was sincere when he talked to Hill or was playing her for Cykes or his own purposes, I think Magento working with Scott to play Hill is more likely than the other alternatives myself. Magento would be about as likely to work with the Purifiers as he would with SHIELD
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Another thing that started bothering me after reading this. How did Magneto not know his powers were crippled prior to ANXM 3? He was free for how long? And broke into prison with Magik to bail Cyke out in AvX: Consequences 5. I know Magik did most of the work with her demon powers but wasn't Magneto strong enough in the (magnetic) force to feel that Cyclops moved the shavings around to say "NOW"? Editorial missed something...
    Ranking the Periods of X-Men History
    X-Book Marvel NOW Timeline
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do