Default What is the name of this book? Who is the author?

I can't remember the name of this book I read in college and I'm wondering if people can help me. The book is about a white man who travels India searching for a guru. He eats alot of LSD and Mescaline on his journey. The middle of the book collects the drawings he did during that time mostly under the influence of drugs. In the copy I had, the middle section full of illustrations was printed on brown paper while the rest of the book was printed on normal paper. I know that all sounds very strange but I'd like to be reunited with this book. It's quite good and I'm wondering if anyone has read it or knows the name. Thanks in advance for any useful contributions.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Was I right?

Yes, that's the book. Thanks alot!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Yay! I was helpful! :)