Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by drreneninja View Post
    I agree with everything you said. It might be a bit of heresy, by I'm getting the feeling that Venditti's run may actually be BETTER than Cornell's run, and Cornell did a great job on this title!
    Well that would be because Venditti is a better comic book writer than Cornell.

Thought this was a great issue. Loved the interaction between all the characters and its great to see Horsewoman showing more of her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Just a great issue. Robert Venditti can WRITE. I can't stress how happy I am that the transition from Cornell to Venditti has been so smooth, because I really loved Cornell's run and was worried that the follow-up writer would not be able to duplicate that character work. Venditti isn't having the least bit of trouble.
    i've only just started this series (ie. just caught it all up in the last few days) and i didn't even noticed the change and normally i'd pick that kind of thing up immediately!

All I can say is I love Bernard Chang!
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Pretty good issue. Laughed out loud at the Horsewoman part. "when I pick a mount, it's for the conversation."

Another stellar issue! I was okay with the series from day one, but not blown away by it. But I kept reading feeling like there was some great potential. Then with issue 16 everything just clicked for me.

I hope people start giving this series more of a chance. Issue 16 is a great jumping on point, and 17 is a blast too!

i think what venditti is writing is a step up from what cornell was doing with the title. i'm on board with this for the forseeable future.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

BANNED

Yeah I'm finding the book to be much more plot-focused than what Cornell was doing, while maintaining the character work.

I really really really enjoyed Cornell's run.....Venditti came on and kept up the quality of this book. Always good to see Savage get knocked down

Bison? In Hungary?
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but after Venditti's first two issues I realized the way he's really focusing on the female characters of the team right now. Most of the men are off somewhere else still, so as the team reforms it's all the women getting together first and it almost feels like an all-female team. And now they found Xanadu!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Can't we make Exoristos bisexual instead? No, I mean, between her and Vandal there's so much UST (unresolved sexual tension). Before they revelaed the amazon interest for Ystin I was sure they were gonna hook up.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Oh come one! A love triangle between a uber masculine barbarian a bisexual amazon and a transgender knight would become a revolutionary tale about gender roles! A classic!
    Hah, I kind of agree! Also, is the assumption right now that Ex is not bisexual? I kind of always just assumed she was. It seemed to me like she was into Ystin whether Ystin was male or female. Or are we assuming their relationship didn't work out because Ex wanted Y to be one or the other?
    Last edited by back seat astronaut; 02-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Bison? In Hungary?
    You had dragons in Little Spring :)