BANNED

Default Suicide Squad #17 Discussion/Spoilers

The Squad's new mission is trying to find who is controlling Yo-Yo's sister, Red Orchid.

The origin of Yo-Yo is finally explained here and we see why his sister hates him and they're forced to fight an horde of Tarantino inspired villains and discovering that Regulus is still alive (Big surprise).

If there's something I like about this series is the amount of fun the writer invest on it. The dialogue, story and action does'nt take itself seriously and there are still some nice character development, this issue isn't different despite that the main villain was pretty predictable.

Good issue, not mindblowing but good nonetheless.

Basilisk needs to go away. Does anyone care about not-Kobra? I mean, really? I REEEEEEALLY hope Kot isn't forced to continue with them.

BANNED

Er, they're probably not able to use Kobra due to, you know, that other and more famous terrorist organization with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The Squad's new mission is trying to find who is controlling Yo-Yo's sister, Red Orchid.

The origin of Yo-Yo is finally explained here and we see why his sister hates him and they're forced to fight an horde of Tarantino inspired villains and discovering that Regulus is still alive (Big surprise).

If there's something I like about this series is the amount of fun the writer invest on it. The dialogue, story and action does'nt take itself seriously and there are still some nice character development, this issue isn't different despite that the main villain was pretty predictable.

Good issue, not mindblowing but good nonetheless.
    I hope the next writer will keep Yo-Yo, he has potential to be great.

Better issue than usual for me. Yo-Yo (a growing favourite of mine) gets the start of a back story and present character development, which is nice.

I also liked how the squad lineup has been changed, good to see Voltaic again although I do question how he went from blank and out-of-it in #16 to back to normal this month.

Didn't like the last page though, tired of seeing that generic villain now. Basilisk I don't mind, but he irritates me. I'm still on the fence about Red Orchid at the moment, seems too much like Poison Ivy for now.

Bring on Kot and #20!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey2112 View Post
    Didn't like the last page though, tired of seeing that generic villain now. Basilisk I don't mind, but he irritates me. I'm still on the fence about Red Orchid at the moment, seems too much like Poison Ivy for now.
    I just feel like nothing has been done to make Basilisk a creditable threat, or given them a purpose other than "them be the bad guys!" And they keep popping up, but amounting to nothing, it's just gotten to the point where everytime I'm thinking "Ugh, go away... and take NOWHERE with you"

Fair enough, and I do agree with you there. It's Regulus in particular I don't like. His design is just silly and all he amounts to is an uninspiring figurehead for an equally wasted opportunity that is Basilisk.

I am hoping when Kot comes along, he moves away from Basilisk altogether and incorporates some solid Suicide Squad versus villain action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey2112 View Post
    I also liked how the squad lineup has been changed, good to see Voltaic again although I do question how he went from blank and out-of-it in #16 to back to normal this month.
    Voltaic is dead, he's just a reanimated corpse now thanks to the expriments that Waller has been doing with the Squad.

I can't wait for my LCS to open this issue sounds good
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Voltaic is dead, he's just a reanimated corpse now thanks to the expriments that Waller has been doing with the Squad.
    I haven't read the issue yet, but it probably has something to do with Waller keeping Mitch Shelley's hand in a water tank since the crossover with Resurrection Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Patroklos View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but it probably has something to do with Waller keeping Mitch Shelley's hand in a water tank since the crossover with Resurrection Man.
    Yep, that's the most probable reason.

Huh, didn't realise that until I re-read it. Could of been made a bit more obvious methinks.

catching up on a few books tonight. enough with this basilisk/regulus garbage, blech.

ales kot can't get on this title soon enough.
    SPACE FOR RENT!