Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I'm enjoying it. Some great character reimaginings, a fun atmosphere, some very full world building. It's all good.

If I have a problem, it's that Giffen is falling into a trap he often does; he is splitting is focus between such a large cast that he isn't giving us an 'in', so to speak.

But other than that, very enjoyable.
    ya, this is the one complaint i have so far; it's kinda confusing with all these new characters showing up with little introduction.

that said, i still find it fun and interesting--not to mention funny as hell.

I really like the Tom Raney art in this issue. I don't know why but I'm liking the character Bleeding Adonis (I think it's the design pure sci-fi fun) and the female character Stealth is all kinds of bad-ass in this issue. Is there a comic that shows how Blue Beetle gets himself into the Hunted Games? I'm not sure why the scarab would work and the GL ring wouldn't. Is it offline because its imbedded in this chest? Did they ever explain how it got there other than "The Guardians did it!"?

I wasn't sure if I would stick with this series but am liking the Larfleeze backups enough to keep reading. I love the construct he makes when holding Stargrave upside down. Are those the same smugglers from the last issue or was it New Guardians Annual #1 (I forget which)? Could it be that there is another orange ring wielder out there?

The Channel 52 page was funny but shouldn't Calender Man be locked up in Arkham? I mean when did he get reformed and become a reporter?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    I really like the Tom Raney art in this issue. I don't know why but I'm liking the character Bleeding Adonis (I think it's the design pure sci-fi fun) and the female character Stealth is all kinds of bad-ass in this issue. Is there a comic that shows how Blue Beetle gets himself into the Hunted Games?
    Yes. It was called Blue Beetle. It got cancelled because you didn't buy it.

I kid. I kid.

Sorta.

Creator of Bounty Hunter FrogMan's Avatar

Sooooo...did they mess up any other Captain Carrot characters yet? Or is it just Captain Carrot and Pig-Iron that have been screwed with?

Surely somebody can answer this simple question.
    Last edited by FrogMan; 02-14-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Yes. It was called Blue Beetle. It got cancelled because you didn't buy it.

I kid. I kid.

Sorta.
    It got cancelled because this new volume was generic and missed everything that made the previous volume great.

I'm so bitter about losing the New 52 chance of making this book and property sustainable.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Well you were right, I got the first issue and New Crusaders on comixology, and they were both worth it.

I like it alot as well. Captain K'rot is a bit too Rocket Racoon for me, but I love the premise and central character. I bet Giffen, on pencils and story, would pull off a terrific GL arc. The book has alot of humor as well as sci fi outerspace cool stuff.

1. I absolutely love this title. I'm a huuuuuuge Giffen fan and Raney's art really shines here. Established characters are great and some of the new injections are fun. I easily agree readers get their money's worth with this book (even without the Larfleeze backup which is added bonus).

2. I also have to read this slower due to alien slang/dialogue. But then I always read slow as I absorb every panel's art. :)

3. I don't agree with Captain Carrot and Pig-Iron being ruined here. I love their addition in the New 52. If they aren't going to publish the traditional cartoon book, then why not incorporate Earth Prime versions of them? It doesn't take away from their Earth-C/26 counterparts.

4. I usually wait a month for the digital versions to drop in price, but am excited to pick this book up day one each month for full price. It's that good.