Default Batman and Robin: Nobody would have been a great long term villain?

I have reread the first story arc of Batman and Robin. I have to admit that I am a notorious Damain hater. Anyway, that's only my personal view and taste when it comes to Damian. But nevertheless I have to admit, that the first story arc of New 52 Batman and Robin was pretty good. I was buying them because of the New 52 hype (guilty!) and now I am realizing that this maybe was the best buy so far.

It is a very good story, with a very interesting conflict and a very interesting villain. And honestly I think Nobody would have been a very interesting long term villain (especially of the personal background with Bruce (creepy character design also!)). I think they took him to fast out of the game. Okay, it was for a good twist within the story (worked!) but somehow I think it was a waste of a good character (maybe this feeling make the story even more better, because the feeling of loss shows that the story worked!)

Anyway: Great read, great story, even compelling to a Damain hater (!!) - interesting villain. And the strange conclusion that my favorite New 52 comics are those I had the lowest level of expectation.
    Last edited by LetsGetNerdy; 02-13-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: I wrote too much off topic talk about Damain - I cleaned it for focus

Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Last edited by flamemasterelan; 02-13-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Yupp, I became a little talkative, your are right, I have to admit it. I cleaned it for a better focus on the quality on this issues and it's villain. Thanks!

Main: I think Nobody would have been a villain with an solid potential to become an interesting major villain. Its sad that they took him off the table so soon.

Subtext: This one was pretty good, even for people who can't stand Damain.
    Last edited by LetsGetNerdy; 02-13-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Nobody has served his purpose since he was created for father/son conflict (even the character's origin stems from his own father/son issue). So I think it's okay that he leaves the stage, instead of coming back again and again doing non-father/son villainous stuff that Batman's other rogues are capable of.

@GA

Makes sense. Interesting view. What I really liked, was the background: This villain knows Batman identity, they share a background/fate, he is a notorious killer like Bruce is a notorious crime hunter, the design was pretty creepy. I think he would have delivered some good stories, maybe with Catwoman envolved. Somehow I liked this villain, he was cocky, reckless, with some ambivalence and a history.

Quote Originally Posted by green_amethyst View Post
    Nobody has served his purpose since he was created for father/son conflict (even the character's origin stems from his own father/son issue). So I think it's okay that he leaves the stage, instead of coming back again and again doing non-father/son villainous stuff that Batman's other rogues are capable of.
    I agree with you, green_amethyst.
    Last edited by carla2013; 02-13-2013 at 06:40 AM.

I agree that Nobody was an interesting villain but there was really nothing especially interesting or original about him. A villain with a personal vendetta against Bruce who has similar training. The dark mirror of Batman.

He was tool whose purpose as a temptor was to pull Damian to the dark side and push him to kill again. To that end, Nobody served his purpose and accomplished more by being killed than by being left alive.
    Chill!

I appreciate stories that delve into the past and background of Bruce's training.