Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding Terra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by minorcharacterlover View Post
    I kinda like the snarkyness. But I have a feeling I start getting into WWIII I'm going to get myself into a whole lot more. But I would like to read more about Terra I. I have a feeling she doesn't live very long since she was introduced into 28 and dies in like 46. Or am I wrong on this?
    I have to say however WWIII is a Black Adam 'event', if you will, and Terra II is only featured in a small part of it.

I figured as much. I also hear that it is a good story though too and that it's after The 52. I went to my comic store and he informed me to get the most enjoyment out of it is by going ifintate crisis and the first crisis. I also hear that it's a lot of B rated heroes, which I might enjoy as well.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom85 View Post
    I only have the first Power Girl volume (vol. 2 is sadly OOP) but I really liked the friendship between Power Girl and Atlee, I'd definitely like her to appear in the DCnU and for them to "resume" their friendship.
    I haven't read the Power Girl issues but the Terra one had a neat friendship between the two so I do agree there. I actually wouldn't mind Atlee returning and becoming a friend to Power Girl in the pages of Worlds Finest so long as it was written well. Might actually help enlarge the cast and get them to interact more with the DCnU.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I am actually dreading that...since it will probably be too much of a temptation for some 'interllect' at DC to make a Terra-Beastboy-Raven love triangle.
    God please don't do this, I already cringed when they tried to push Raven Beast Boy on us after fans of that craptastic cartoon show came up with the idea and they tried to push it on us in the comics. If they wanna do a classic titans line ups fine, but anything other than the same old tired relationships that hardly ever last more than 10 issues before someone dies of breaks up or cheats or is revealed to be a alien double, or some other crazy scheme, that eventually keeps coming back up with emotional baggage every year.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Then luckly for me I never watched the cartoon, so I wouldn't know. But if they threw into the comic book I would have to go along with it. I have yet to run into this problem yet, and hopefully I won't have to.

BANNED

Then luckly for me I never watched the cartoon, so I wouldn't know. But if they threw into the comic book I would have to go along with it. I have yet to run into this problem yet, and hopefully I won't have to.
    Atm us RaexBB haters probably have to rely on Scott Lobdell doing what he likes to do and pair her off with someone else...like Superboy or Tim, but only because it's 'new and exciting'. (To be perfectly blunt, I really hate when female comicbook characters cant share a book with one or more male characters without falling in love with one of them...theres more to them than romance stories :S)

I really haven't seen much pairing in Teen Titans yet. I know Beast Boy likes Terra I but she...I'm not sure how she feels. And in newer ones (Kid's game) I know there was Wonder Girl (Cassie) and Superboy. But that's all I've seen. Oh and Starfire and Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Atm us RaexBB haters probably have to rely on Scott Lobdell doing what he likes to do and pair her off with someone else...like Superboy or Tim, but only because it's 'new and exciting'. (To be perfectly blunt, I really hate when female comicbook characters cant share a book with one or more male characters without falling in love with one of them...theres more to them than romance stories :S)
    That's partially why i hate seeing female characters on teams, especially if they are single. Because it's not like she could have a life outside of the team, so she has to fall in love with whoever the writers pet character of choice is this month. This is one of the main reasons why i liked Bombshell in Teen Titans, as far as I know she only flirted with Cyborg and it seemed half jokingly, and it was only once, other than that she was a character and i think her appearances in the title reflected that. She might have not been the most liked character but she was one, and she did it without leaning on some guy as a romantic love interest.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

I really haven't seen much pairing in Teen Titans yet. I know Beast Boy likes Terra I but she...I'm not sure how she feels. And in newer ones (Kid's game) I know there was Wonder Girl (Cassie) and Superboy. But that's all I've seen. Oh and Starfire and Nightwing.
    It happens later on near the point where they kick them off the team for awhile and its a whole new line up or something. Beast Boy suddenly develops romantic feelings for Raven. It really comes to a boil though when the other children of Trigon start appearing.

BANNED

True, but that's how Geoff Johns' TT starts, on the ruins of the Graduation Day story...which saw the original Omen and Donna Troy killed by a Superman Android. All the pairings come along gradually, though the BB/Rae shipping starts just about as soon as she gets a room in the Tower. For all us who's read the NTT series, the pairing is just very very odd, because Raven and Beastboy was possibly the two that was the furthest apart from one another and there was never a hint of romantic feelings between them. Unless you count that time Raven went completely Trigonic-nuts and impregnated him...eventually driving him crazy as well.

In regards to the cartoon's pairings, mostly the Raven and Beastboy relationship is mostly (as I see it) a love-hate sibling thing that's played to comedic effect. Beastboy is the team's goofball and has to play off the straight-man...and you don't get more straight than Raven. Added we know what both of them are like when they really are in love, sadly in the shapes of; Terra and Malchior, who both turned on them, and we never saw them act like this when around each other.
    The problem has arisen because viewers and fans started reading into it and thought the two would couple up, or simply thought the diametrically opposite characters is a natural fit for one another (me...I think is like having fire (Beastboy) and adding to gasoline (Raven), thought Robin would be a better fit).

(Not to mention there is the comics that goes with the series where Raven dates the 'goth boy' from the Sisters episode on Valentines day...to a much greater success than Robin and Starfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    It happens later on near the point where they kick them off the team for awhile and its a whole new line up or something. Beast Boy suddenly develops romantic feelings for Raven. It really comes to a boil though when the other children of Trigon start appearing.
    Well technically it supposedly really bloomed during the One Year Later period where they co-led the Teen Titans, but we only saw glimpses of it and eventually Raven broke it off and left the team when she found out there was a traitor on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    That's partially why i hate seeing female characters on teams, especially if they are single. Because it's not like she could have a life outside of the team, so she has to fall in love with whoever the writers pet character of choice is this month. This is one of the main reasons why i liked Bombshell in Teen Titans, as far as I know she only flirted with Cyborg and it seemed half jokingly, and it was only once, other than that she was a character and i think her appearances in the title reflected that. She might have not been the most liked character but she was one, and she did it without leaning on some guy as a romantic love interest.
    And on the other hand we got Aquagirl...who only seemed to be around to flirt with guys and make them choke on their coffee (like she did with Static did when she drived from the top of the tower and into the pool, passing his window on the way down.) But as far as I remember, that was only under Henderson it was like that.

Anyways I think we/me is derailing the thread...back to Terra :)

Well thank you everyone for the insight of the pairing history of the Teen Titans. I'm really enjoying the new teen titans, but of course so far I've just read/reading the "Terra arc". How long does she last in this though? I mean I have 28, 30-34. I made it to the point where they show her being the traitor, and talking with Deadshot after a staged fight. I think it defiantly makes for an interesting read.

I was also reading on Comicvine, about a clone of Terra and that someone had figured out that the old Terra and her were the same ones. I'm also told that Terra II isn't someone for me to really go after if I want Terra I, because they're nothing alike. I'm sure it's on here about how different they are, saying Terra II is nice, while Terra I was just snarky (which I'm not denying, she really is) I find it funny sometimes. There was a point that it was driving me nuts, the way she kept complaining about not being part of the team, but I knew the reason for it.

Also I'm seeing a lot of Beastboy and Terra, like Beastboy had real feelings for her, but in the comics I'm not really seeing it. I see him "defend" her (When she's complaining about not being a part of the team) and he flirts a lot with her (but I think he does that a lot with other characters) but I'm not really seeing how they say he really cares for her. I read some of the teen titan blackest night where Terra comes back and they were talking about it
    Last edited by minorcharacterlover; 02-21-2013 at 12:08 PM.

So I started reading Judas Contract, my comic book dealer got the trade in. So this raises another question for me. Is umm..Terra and Deathstroke together?

BANNED

So I started reading Judas Contract, my comic book dealer got the trade in. So this raises another question for me. Is umm..Terra and Deathstroke together?
    Not in Deathstroke's mind, whatever they do it just an added bonus for him and a string for him to pull (at this point he's already has two ruined relationships behind him along with the offspring). Terra however...actually thats a possibility she thinks that, but read on.