Default X-POSITION: Wood Preps "X-Men" For Deployment

X-POSITION: Wood Preps "X-Men" For Deployment

3) Former Gen X'ers Husk and Penance don't seem to have commitments to others books currently. Any thoughts to including them in your all-female team later on down the road?

I have Husk in a minor role in "Ultimate X-Men," but yeah, I'd love the chance to write most of those Gen X'ers -- I remember wayyyy back in the stone age (1999 or so) I pitched a weird road trip story starring Penance. I can't find the file, but she's an interesting character for sure. Monet, as well, would be fun to write. Maybe if "X-Men" takes off as it is, I can have a "B-team" within the title and employ some of these characters.

EXCLUSIVE: Art from "Ultimate Comics X-Men" #24 by Mahmud Asrar, Juan Vlasco & Jordie Bellaire

In a brief change of pace, Wolverine12 has a few quick questions on "Ultimate Comics X-Men."

Hi Brian, I have really been enjoying your run on "Ultimate X-Men." I have 3 questions for you.

1) With the recently announced "Ultimate Wolverine" mini series will we see any long term affects from that book bleed over into your book, either concurrent with the series or after it finishes?

Not that I've been given a heads-up on. When Cullen [Bunn] started writing that book our editor briefed me on it and asked me if anything seemed like a conflict (nothing did), but that's been the extent of it. So far, anyway. I'm about to take the book into a pretty volatile couple story arcs that are going to, quote, "change everything" so if there is any bleeding across the two titles, it'll probably happen after that. See next answer for more.

2) Will we be seeing more interaction between Jean Grey/Karen Grant's crew and Kitty's crew?

There will be total interaction, yes, starting with #24 and the "Natural Resources" arc. This is the start of something big.

3) Where the heck is Pietro and his new brotherhood?

Good question. I don't know. I don't mean to sound flip, but that's the answer. It's not in my pitch or my plans for the future.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Awe :( No plans for Pietro? His story was just getting good when Nick Spencer was writing, now we won't get him at all? I guess maybe in Ultimate Wolverine, but I really wanted to see more of his own personal story, not his involvement with Jimmy's backstory.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

I really like the art. Looking forward to seeing more of Jean's crew. Natural Resources looks great.

Edit - I agree with what Balfro said. We need more Pietro in UCXM just so that we can get a few things cleared up. Since Ultimate X and Spencer's run on UCXM, I'm curious to see what he and his new Brotherhood have been up to.

2nd Edit - Looks like we won't be getting our Ultimate Age of Apocalypse after all. :(
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 02-12-2013 at 03:20 PM.

On Vacation

Kitty meets Kitty. Lol

Edit: Is anyone else tired of my lame jokes. Lmao.

Not much new info, but I LOVE that art! Unfortunately, with Brian hanging out here and answering our questions, we already knew a pretty good bit of that info. No surprise that he's got no plans for Pietro and the rest of Spencer's story, but I'm sure someone will get around to it eventually. I'm plenty happy with what Wood's been giving us so far, so I'd much rather hang along for the ride.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

I'm going to bet a lot of internet money that giant kitty is a mutant. We haven't seen those in a long time. The last time I remember was when the gorilla guy and his weird animal mutants joined the brotherhood and then Magneto killed them all.

Yeah i'm much more up for Wood doing his own story than having to work on cross-overs or other writers' past plotlines, let the man tell his story and if he finds a spot for Quicksilver + Brotherhood than he can make it all work on his own terms.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Look me in the eye... Obsidian Thought's Avatar

I wish they would bring the animal-mutants back...they would make for a great saga. I'd split them off from normal or human-looking mutants and have them form their own society a part from everybody else...
    "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Edit: Is anyone else tired of my lame jokes. Lmao.
    Nah, I read Spider-Man I'm used to lame jokes.

Bigger plans for Quicksilver in UU are percolating.

Glad you like the art. I felt its a really great boon to the series. Mahmoud continues to amaze with every page. And you might get something like an AOA for the line. Maybe. Not decided yet.

@Markpaniccia

I'm so excited to see what Brian has in store for Jean and Kitty! Also I agree that the art looks fantastic.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by M Panic View Post
    Glad you like the art. I felt its a really great boon to the series. Mahmoud continues to amaze with every page. And you might get something like an AOA for the line. Maybe. Not decided yet.

@Markpaniccia
    Well look who decided to show up!!!

Welcome to the forums, Mark. We look forward to having you answer our every question about the UU! Good news about Pietro's plans... sounds exciting. And I agree, Mahmoud seems to be an amazing fit for the series, some of the best art the Ultimate Line has seen in a while.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Yay, this is awesome news. Also, welcome to the boards!!! You should share more ultimate secrets ;)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

@Markpaniccia
    Thanks Mark. This news warms my heart like a hot bulb. I desperately hope that Ultimate AoA storyline comes to fruition. And your confirmation of more Pietro development delights me to no end.