Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

Default Why is there no Wonder Woman/Superman team up book?

Doesn't it seem like a natural fit for a monthly?? If done right, could be superwonderful.
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

Because neither of them is Batman.

Because Superman/Batman would sell much better.

yes...THE Wonderman. RealWonderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Because Superman/Batman would sell much better.
    I'm sure that's the common assumption, but we really have no idea at this point. With the Superman movie coming soon and the Wonder/Super relationship in the spotlight, I think the book would do quite well.
    Are you sure that "by the grace of god" you survived? Maybe god was trying to GET you and missed??!!??
    Twitter: Ryan Klaus @RealWonderman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ves View Post
    Because neither of them is Batman.

I don't see the problem.

Sci-fi and mythology mix...space adventures and magical realms...time travel...

I would have liked to see the early versions of the new 52 of these characters in such a book though. Five years ago. jeans, tee and cape Clark with a newly arrived warrior princess would be fun.

BANNED

Like everything it could work given the right writer and point of entry.
    What worked for the Superman/Batman book, I believe, was that the two characters are almost opposites on almost every level in terms of skill, methods, upbringing and personality.

Because the Wonder Woman/Superman relationship would become even more of an elephant in the room when it continues to not appear in either of their solo books. That and the heavy power overlap between the two.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDracul View Post
    Because the Wonder Woman/Superman relationship would become even more of an elephant in the room when it continues to not appear in either of their solo books. That and the heavy power overlap between the two.
    Their relationship has been appearing in Superman, so it's just WW's own book it's not appearing in.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Doesn't it seem like a natural fit for a monthly?? If done right, could be superwonderful.
    Because historically there is barely a market for a Wonder Woman solo book.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Like everything it could work given the right writer and point of entry.
    What worked for the Superman/Batman book, I believe, was that the two characters are almost opposites on almost every level in terms of skill, methods, upbringing and personality.
    I believe Loeb wanted to do a Super/Bat book and DC was at the point where they'd let him do anything he wanted, so that everyone had to endure his "writing" for about 26 issues.

Because Batman would not approve.

I might like the idea, but even I question the sustainability of a monthly title.

Yeah, it's all about sales. I personally think Superman and Wonder Woman seem more befitting for the title of 'World's Finest' but yeah the sales (and indeed sustainability, as DochaDocha alluded above, could be problematic)

Still, I don't see a reason why they can't try out the idea in the form of a mini-series sometime in the future ... and see where it goes from there. With the right creative team it could be really cool. Like seeing them trapped by Mongul on WarWorld together, or something like that ... there are possibilities

I'd buy two copies a week just to support it.

But yeah, a Superman/Batman title simply has more widespread appeal.