Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    I've actually created characters with that concept.

A character that can warp space on that level would be almost as broken as a character than can control time on a very high level.

And yeah, a character like that would render speedblitzes impossible, making the distance required to reach him impossibly large, or simply bending space around him so that any objects passing towards him would bend around him instead of going through him.
    I suppose, at incredibly high levels, time manipulation and space manipulation are indistinguishable.

Edit: How do you DO that, Sol? It happens so often..... I quote something, an additional bit of text is ninja'd in while I'm quoting, but by the time I post it's gone again from your post!
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I suppose, at incredibly high levels, time manipulation and space manipulation are indistinguishable.

Edit: How do you DO that, Sol? It happens so often..... I quote something, an additional bit of text is ninja'd in while I'm quoting, but by the time I post it's gone again from your post!
    My apologies. It's a really disgusting habit that I fight a losing battle with. <_<

Though in this case, I'm not entirely certain which part you're referring to. I added in the last sentence, but that hasn't disappeared. :P

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Though in this case, I'm not entirely certain which part you're referring to. I added in the last sentence, but that hasn't disappeared. :P
    Well it DID, and you know it did, damn you! ;P
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by HVulpes View Post
    When it comes to fighting people bring up the Speed Blitz as one of the ultimate wins when not having any plot or character stupidity.

So what power sets can counter act it and which characters would best use these powers?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Well it DID, and you know it did, damn you! ;P
    ...well that's really weird, because whatever it is isn't showing up in the older version of my post either. oO

Anywho:

As for space manipulation and time manipulation becoming indistinguishable at very high levels, it really depends on how far you're willing to stretch these definitions.

Logically, there should be some things a guy with space manipulation can do that a time manipulator cannot, and vice versa.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Time Stopping is pretty useless for countering speedblitzes when you don't get time to activate it.

Great for getting the drop on them of course.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Time Stopping is pretty useless for countering speedblitzes when you don't get time to activate it.
    Tell that to Kakeru Hase.

"Haha! I've blitzed you!"

"No, time was stopped."

"...I have clearly just killed you."

"Must be thinking of someone else. I stopped time."

"No. No you didn't."

"My being alive says otherwise."
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "Haha! I've blitzed you!"

"No, time was stopped."

"...I have clearly just killed you."

"Must be thinking of someone else. I stopped time."

"No. No you didn't."

"My being alive says otherwise."
    Pretty much.

"But I watched you die!"

"Sorry, never happened."

Which reminds me:

Logically, there should be some things a guy with space manipulation can do that a time manipulator cannot, and vice versa.
    This would be one of the things that Space manipulators should not be capable of unless they were actually traveling back in time to change the past. They couldn't just retroactively make stuff unhappen.

One interesting thing might to put a non-Yami Yami Logia Devil Fruit user against the Flash as they can:

Regenerate from even the smallest pieces of their element/force of nature. In most cases the instinctally transform into their nature before being attacked, which means someone like the Flash could be hitting Smoke, Magma or Light.

Also Haki has elements where you can predict/see an attack before it happens and even give yourself Haki based armor. So it might be a challenge to the Flash.

Plus most Admirals of the Marines/Navy have both Logia and Haki... so the Flash might have a hard time.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

When it comes to fighting people bring up the Speed Blitz as one of the ultimate wins when not having any plot or character stupidity.

So what power sets can counter act it and which characters would best use these powers?
    Enough durability that the speedblitz does no harm to you and never will so a fight could go on for eons until you finally hit the speedster or he eventually runs out of gas.

Enough durability to survive getting hit multiple times until you can use an area attack or activate some defense that effectively makes you unhittable: force field of sufficient power, non-corporeal, etc.

Or just any means of surviving until you can launch an attack of any kind that will effect the speedster (telepathic attack, etc.)

One interesting thing might to put a non-Yami Yami Logia Devil Fruit user against the Flash as they can:

Regenerate from even the smallest pieces of their element/force of nature. In most cases the instinctally transform into their nature before being attacked, which means someone like the Flash could be hitting Smoke, Magma or Light.

Also Haki has elements where you can predict/see an attack before it happens and even give yourself Haki based armor. So it might be a challenge to the Flash.

Plus most Admirals of the Marines/Navy have both Logia and Haki... so the Flash might have a hard time.
    Flash level speedsters are not having a hard time hitting precogs. Even if they see an attack coming, they'll have no way to react to it in time. Even if they did have enough time to react it wouldn't do any good, since the speedster can just adjust his attack to compensate for the opponents attempt at avoiding or blocking it.

Flash in particular will not have a hard time of it because he can just speedsteal them, which renders logia intangibility moot.

"So some guy in flashy clothes will show up in ten seconds from the other side of the planet and drain my body of it's movement in under 0.00000000000000000001* second.

...Huh."

*Is a statue*

*Random Number.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "So some guy in flashy clothes will show up in ten seconds from the other side of the planet and drain my body of it's movement in under 0.00000000000000000001* second.

...Huh."

*Is a statue*

*Random Number.
    Well, if he has ten seconds he could always try...

Precog: *Turns to face the Flash's angle of approach* "Waitwaitwaitwait My turn, MY TURN!"

*The Flash stops mere inches from touching the Precog*

Batman: "Wally, what the hell are you doing?"

Flash: "It's his turn Bruce."
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Veteran Member

Thinking about it, there's an obvious equivalent to Zoom that I don't think I've ever seen used.

Flash is all about the speed, right? Zoom is a danger to him because he's detached from time. Speed is distance / time, so why not use the other part of the equation?

How about someone who is detached from space? e.g. space flows round him, like time does for Zoom. He could, for example, have an infinitely dense field of space around him that he can contract or expand at will if he wants to touch someone/something. He could make the distance that blood has to be pumped round his opponent's circulatory system infinitely long, so they die. He would have instantaneous travel to any point in space...... well, actually that space would travel to him, rather than the other way around.

Just a thought.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure had the characters go against someone with this ability (that manga probably covered EVERY power type), which was interesting for that very reason.