Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Remember, he spent most of his life alone. His inner self, the part the symbiote brings out, doesn't view them as cool. This is cool to that part
    You don't think he would view his best friend and lifelong crush as cool?

But regardless of that, it was a bad scene, no matter what Raimi's reasoning for it was. The whole movie is mediocre at best, as it became outright terrible once the symbiote is introduced. This scene alone captures everything that's wrong with the movie. If it had just been those 30 seconds, that might have been alright, but there's also the two minute jazz scene, in which Peter is suddenly an outstanding piano player and

Peter's also not egotistical so he doesn't view Spider-Man as cool.
    Are you kidding? He thinks it's awesome being Spider-man! He's not a jerk about it or anything, and he's obviously not doing it for the recognition, but he totally thinks it's cool. He's absolutely eating it up at the beginning of the movie, which is why he kisses Gwen.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I think Bendis and company are just trying to speed up to Miles being a confidant Spider-Man. Maybe he quits and by him doing do someone dies that he could have saved had he not given up being Spider-Man then he comes back with a purpose and that whole responsibility thing. I kind of see the dad as expendable and he has a bad history with his brother so that leads me to believe there is more going on with the day than meets the eye, especially after the whole Hydra angle. What's the dad's connection with the new Venom and why did Venom think the dad was Spider-Man? The mother hasn't been developed well enough to be deemed on the level of an Uncle Ben tragic figure in Miles's life. I think even though it was done before with Uncle Ben losing his dad would force Miles to grow up faster like losing Ben made Peter step up at an early age. He'd have to be the man of the household. I think the mother will last as she's been held in reserve it seems for the most part and I think more of her will come to the forefront when the dad bites the dust. Killing Ganke would seriously make Miles dull as the two play off one another.

On Vacation

Another possibility is that venom kills aunt may?

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Another possibility is that venom kills aunt may?
    Don't say stuff like that, you'll scare us.

Everyone is thinking about death. What if his dad survives, finds out Miles is Spider-Man and makes him quit?

That could still be a tear jerker.
    Last edited by DimitriKalashnikov; 02-12-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimitriKalashnikov View Post
    Everyone is thinking about death. What if his dad survives, finds out Miles is Spider-Man and makes him quit?

That could still be a tear jerker.
    I suppose this could be the case as well. However, Bendis called this a character building story. I don't see much character growth from being oppressed by his father. It could also be that instead of MAKING him, perhaps his father has a heart to heart with him and begs him to stop before he gets hurt. Then Miles gives up the webs but secretly still fights crime... although he'd be all over the news, so nevermind :P
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Valued Member Since 2008 semicyon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joecooler2u View Post
    I think Bendis and company are just trying to speed up to Miles being a confidant Spider-Man. Maybe he quits and by him doing do someone dies that he could have saved had he not given up being Spider-Man then he comes back with a purpose and that whole responsibility thing. I kind of see the dad as expendable and he has a bad history with his brother so that leads me to believe there is more going on with the day than meets the eye, especially after the whole Hydra angle. What's the dad's connection with the new Venom and why did Venom think the dad was Spider-Man?
    Venom thinks that Miles' dad is spider-man because Betty Brant thought so and it killed her before she could share that story.

I still say the bearded dude in the SHIELD van with Jefferson is Eddie Brock :P
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Miles and his father will switch minds, and Miles will die in his father's body.
    This will happen.

Can't wait.
    Comics are more better.

Whatever is the reason, one thing's for sure: It won't last!! I mean, I lost count of how many times Peter wanted to quit his Spiderman's life, but he always ended back in the game. Miles is not Peter, but it's obvious that the universe has selected him to fulfill his place. And besides, although this is not the same Spiderman I would prefer, the truth is that it's becoming more similar than I thought.

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

I hope his autistic boyfriend dies.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    What autistic boyfriend?

BANNED

The cover still doesn't indicate any chance of a status quo change.
    Jimmy doesn't have a boyfriend and he's never featured in UCSM ever.

Probably Ganke.