Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    So they are making a big deal out of it. Kind of glad I noticed that artwork last Friday before they changed it in the Axel-In-Charge with Bendis. I hope the time skip isn't too big.
    I'm thinking it should age Miles up to Peter's age when he started.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Miles and his father will switch minds, and Miles will die in his father's body.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

A time skip?
    I think the major shake up is that Miles will lose an eye, have long hair, master Haki and play soul music.
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'd say Miles quitting Spider-man is a pretty drastic status quo change. Granted, I don't think it'll happen - or, at least, will be short-lived - but that doesn't change that they're teasing a big shake up.

How? That cover has nothing to do with any character but Miles. No other character is shown or even referred to.

Ditching the costume hasn't got anything to do with his supporting cast. There's nothing to that picture that suggests his supporting cast will be altered in any way, shape or form.

It just means that Miles will probably stop being Spider-Man for a while. I'm not doubting there'll be a shake up. But there's nothing here about a change in cast. I'm not saying there won't be a change in cast. I'm just saying that that's not what the cover is suggesting. At all.

A time jump....that would be weird for the rest of the Ultimate line....He'd be out of sync. As for Miles leaving for good, not gonna happen. I understand that Miles is a bit young and is obviously very easily shaken by the harsh realities of the superhero life. My guess is dad or mom gets seriously hurt or killed. As for the time jump, I'd have to wait and see what happens. That is the only thing really bothering me right now. If its only this series that is time jumped, then he is seriously out of sync with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Miles and his father will switch minds, and Miles will die in his father's body.
    I see what you did there, lol

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    A time skip?
    I think the major shake up is that Miles will lose an eye, have long hair, master Haki and play soul music.
    So he's gonna become the Straw Hats crew rolled into one?
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

What I found most interesting was that they brought up the idea that there are other enhanced spiders still out there. I would love to see Miles join/save/or be saved by a group of multiple spider people.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What I found most interesting was that they brought up the idea that there are other enhanced spiders still out there. I would love to see Miles join/save/or be saved by a group of multiple spider people.
    That's actually an idea I'd rather see them not follow up on. Miles, Jessica and Venom are all the Spider-people we need.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Wouldnt mind seeing Jessica take over the title.

Elder Member

I'm hoping the time jump is only a couple of weeks. I don't want to jump in and have Miles be like 16.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Calling it now so that I can reference this post in May. I don't think Miles dad will die. The reason being is that this issue takes place in May and there should at least be 2-3 more issues before 23 comes out. Now unless his dad is in excruciating pain for 2-3 issues I think someone else will die. So either Miles Mom or Ganke. I'm going to go with Ganke actually. No offense to anyone but if Miles mom or dad died I just think it would turn out like the uncle Ben story and he would just continue being spider-man after learning all the power and responsibility stuff. Or it could turn out like Spider-Man 3 (ugh) and Miles throws out his costume because he has the black suit costume and does his Miles emo walk through Manhattan lol.
    That dance scene has to be one of the greatest things ever.

What you have to remember is that Peter Parker is a dweeb. He's not cool and has never been cool, but he's seen cool...in movies due to him being a loner. At the start of the first film he's a very dorky guy, at the start of the third he's a much more mature man, but the dorkiness is still inside of him. What the symbiote does is makes his inner desire to be cool come true...sort of. As I said he only knows cool from stuff like Saturday Night Fever and other movies so that's what he goes to when he thinks "be cool"...and people are repulsed by it. The symbiote brings out the worst in a person. This is, for all intents and purposes, Peter Parker's evil side. Most people are wanting to see a superhero turn evil and angry, this was Sam Raimi mocking that immature desire while keeping Peter totally in character. Evil doesn't fit Peter and it's Sam Raimi rejecting the idea of a grim and gritty Spider-Man.

Yeah, the guy who had a model/actress girlfriend, was best friends with a rich kid, and is secretly the world's biggest and only superhero has no idea what cool is except for what he's seen in 30 year old movies.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah, the guy who had a model/actress girlfriend, was best friends with a rich kid, and is secretly the world's biggest and only superhero has no idea what cool is except for what he's seen in 30 year old movies.
    Remember, he spent most of his life alone. His inner self, the part the symbiote brings out, doesn't view them as cool. This is cool to that part

Also I have friends who are rich and I have a friend who acts, I don't see them as cool at all. Peter's also not egotistical so he doesn't view Spider-Man as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Remember, he spent most of his life alone.
    Mary Jane was his neughbour + Harry Osborn his best friend, how did he spent most of his life alone? :S
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erik B View Post
    while i understand the homage, i am going to say that i am tired of seeing this same redundant imagery
    Man, I'm tired of "Spider-Man No More" type stories, period. At this point its like saying Bruce Wayne will give up being Batman and Clark Kent, Superman. That's not a habit you can kick, narratively, and... well, its not a "forever" thing at all seeing as any Spider-Man quitting is pretty much bad for MARVEL's business.

They better not touch Miles' parents. All I'm saying.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?